glenferry23

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 26, 2010
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Arsenal, New York Yankees

This was a great moment. Enjoyed the final two episodes even though we all know how the season ended.

The scenes post match from that Newcastle debacle, damn.

bok_party

Norm Smith Medallist
May 14, 2007
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Juventus, Arsenal, OKC, Avalanche
Those final two episodes made me appreciate Holding and Elneny so much more. Seem like two really great people to have around the club even despite not playing much.

glenferry23

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 26, 2010
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Those final two episodes made me appreciate Holding and Elneny so much more. Seem like two really great people to have around the club even despite not playing much.

Always hear nice things said about them, and it’s nice to see that covered in the series too. They do come across as very positive, supporting people and great for dressing room harmony.

I remember reading similar words said about Podolski back during Germany’s World Cup era. He was always chosen for the squad even when he was no longer a starting player or even getting any minutes. However his presence, leadership, positivity etc was always acknowledged by others around him and it contributed to the success of that team.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

glenferry23

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 26, 2010
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Excellent result. Saliba! What a goal.

Same stage last season Arsenal weee bottom of the table with zero points and a goal difference of -9. With zero points and no goals scored.

Contrastingly, Arsenal are top (currently, City still to play). With 9 points and 9 goals scored. Wow.

First time since 2004 that Arsenal have won their first 3 games of the season. Damn. This feels good.

windyhill

Hall of Famer
Feb 4, 2001
East Burwood
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Arsenal
Call Me Hello GIF by SportsManias

Gambit78

All Australian
Jan 17, 2010
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Arsenal
That was a nice win. That was a top 4 team blitzing a relegation battler.

Really looking forward to the Fulham game. They've started their season well. And I have a bit of a soft spot for them.

Starting the same 11 in consecutive weeks is a bonus too. Our bench is strong. Knock on wood we can carry that through for most of the season.

onthehill24

Club Legend
Feb 13, 2018
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
wombats
That was a nice win. That was a top 4 team blitzing a relegation battler.

Really looking forward to the Fulham game. They've started their season well. And I have a bit of a soft spot for them.

Starting the same 11 in consecutive weeks is a bonus too. Our bench is strong. Knock on wood we can carry that through for most of the season.
Best thing is clean sheet again
That needs to be a priority

tigs2010

🐯🐯🐯🏆🏆🏆
Oct 15, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Heat
Great win.

That Jesus ball control for the first 😳

Saliba goal was amazing too.

Just nice to get off to a good start this season. Have to make the most of b2b games at the Emirates against Fulham and Villa. From there anything can happen with confidence and momentum.

dirty2

Brownlow Medallist
Nov 6, 2016
Bar Rossa
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Arsenal
🙂 good 3-0 win.. clean sheet! And like previous people's great goal.from saliba! Most people would of blasted that... But he didn't and placed it really well.

dirty2

Brownlow Medallist
Nov 6, 2016
Bar Rossa
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Arsenal
Last time we won our first 3 games was the invincible season 😛 (apparently) 🤷‍♀️

Remove this Banner Ad