Up the Arse! Goons Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

They've learned from the Auba circus and added a sell on clause to Bellerin's transfer. Interestingly, he only signed with Barca for one year.

Not recouping fees for players is a good indication of how messed up our squad was. I think reducing our wage bill has been significan, however. A fun game is going through our squad now and guessing their transfer fee. We've banked some real value.

Going deep into Europe and the domestic cups, playing 50+ games, and having the gate receipts this season will do wonders to our bottom line. And I think, strategically, spending big in the midst of the pandemic, when clubs in Europe were desperate for money, was savvy.

The 12 month contract is probably to negate the sell on clause.

And yes I’m all for the investment in the squad the last year or so, it’s been much needed. Majority of it though has been through dipping into that loan facility from the owners, which is on favourable terms to the club yes however does need to be serviced.

Starting to collect £10m-£15m type fees here and there for all these fringe players is a clear area of improvement. Only Iwobi and Willock and perhaps Ox before that have been notable sales. And at some point, they need to stop giving blokes a bag of cash to go away.

Our first big test for the season...

+ * man united /spit
Haha - cue the injuries. Would've loved a full strength squad for this game. Especially as ten Hag has selected the same squad for the past three games. Really looking forward to it. Hoping for a victory this week, instead of expecting one.

All class.

Sadly won't go down as a gunners legend but will firmly remain as one of my favorite players.

Injuries ruined a fantastic player and at 27 should have been with us for another 5+ years.

* Barcelona.

Need a result tonight, Man United are nothing special at the moment and we need a "Top 6" scalp to prove the early run isn't all bluster.

That being said now watch Ronaldo score his obligatory goal against us and Antony for a debut hat-trick :drunk:

Hope we beat them as I love beating them more than any other team
More than s*urs ?
Steve Brule What GIF

Sadly won't go down as a gunners legend but will firmly remain as one of my favorite players.

Injuries ruined a fantastic player and at 27 should have been with us for another 5+ years.

* Barcelona.

Need a result tonight, Man United are nothing special at the moment and we need a "Top 6" scalp to prove the early run isn't all bluster.

That being said now watch Ronaldo score his obligatory goal against us and Antony for a debut hat-trick :drunk:

I guess it’s subjective territory as to what constitutes a club legend or not. For me he is, when I consider how well he has represented the club, it’s values, his courage in speaking up on very important societal issues, utilising his platform to drive change etc.

Absolutely he should be at the prime of his career now, and that ACL injury and the subsequent ankle injuries derailed the trajectory he was on. That explosive pace and acceleration he had prior to those injuries were what made him one of the best in the business at the time. Sadly just couldn’t get back to that level and it would’ve been lovely for him to at least be able to say farewell on the pitch or something.

I also wish in a way that he ended up getting that permanent move to Betis instead. A bit over Barca getting all these ex Arsenal players for nothing. Anyway personally wish him the best.

As for United, as you said Ronaldo is always there to haunt us. Even that 3-1 match a few months ago at The Emirates he still did his thing. For all of United’s struggles over the years, they’ve still managed to find a way even under Moyes. Rashford’s debut. Lingard making the Emirates his dance floor. Losing to them there last season. The list goes on.

No Zinchenko. Hopefully Odegaard and Ramsdale are fit to play. Turner is a bit of an unknown quantity at the moment. If those two are fit I’d imagine it’s the same XI from Villa mid week.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I've only met 1 Spurs fan and he was half decent we gave each other friendly s**t all in fun. Man united supporters all seem like complete w***ers... At least the ones I've know over the years.

So I mean it when I say * man U.

s**t result. Really need to start getting results against the big 2 and United at OT.

Arteta is putting together a good squad and we are seeing improvement but those 5 matches are basically a loss before kick off. Feels like getting a draw in one of them would be a huge success at this point

Remove this Banner Ad

Back