Up the Arse! Goons Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

That was a very good performance and plenty there still to like despite the loss. How many times have I seen Arsenal pummelled over the years at Old Trafford, this was not one of them and in a way that scoreline is unflattering to Arsenal. However when you look at the number of touches we had in their penalty box, but could only muster 3 shots on target, along with the poor positioning on their goals, can't really fault that result. We were exposed and United had that ruthless edge to capitalise.

Europa League kicks off on Thursday and a good chance here to give a few players a bit of a breather, before Everton at home next weekend which we really should be looking to win.

s**t result. Really need to start getting results against the big 2 and United at OT.

Arteta is putting together a good squad and we are seeing improvement but those 5 matches are basically a loss before kick off. Feels like getting a draw in one of them would be a huge success at this point

Got me thinking about that, I believe it was zero points from those fixtures last season. Obviously won to United at home however that's seperate to your post. We really need to improve here. Anfield we usually get hammered at, and I always worry with the Arteta over thinking galaxy brain stuff when he faces old mate Pep. If we could even manage 3-4 points from that group of fixtures, it makes a huge difference to the end table.

We are consistently generating 20+ attempts on goal. We need to be scoring 3 and 4 goals a game. We're not at the moment. I feel this is why we will drop points throughout the season.

I was generally happy with our performance, but teams with quality attacks are always going to trouble us if we don't take advantage of our dominance.

That disallowed goal man.. I don’t know, very soft, don’t think it was a foul.

Whats the difference.

No conspiracy theory but we are treated different. Look at Mendy vs West Ham on the weekend or Ederson vs Palace with week before, both goal keepers bailed out by the ref, compare to Ramsdale vs Villa.

I would actually love to see a stat on how long our VAR decisions take vs the rest of the league. The *******s in the box spend ages trying to find a foul/offside when we are involved.

Should of been a win.. we played quite well.. they were clinical when it mattered... Martinelli non goal was very much a 50/50 on if it's called a foul...

That will do. Unfortunate for ESR that he’s injured again, absolutely would’ve started this and given Martinelli a rest. Still a bit light on for numbers in the squad I feel.

Marquinhos is a unit.

Is there anywhere that has extended highlights? I don't have Stan Sport.

Nice to see Marquinhos got a goal and assist on debut.

This one popped up on my YouTube earlier, there’s usually plenty of others if you search for it however a bit of a roll of the dice in terms of quality etc

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This week's PSV fixture in the EL has also been postponed, however the kick off time for Brentford on Sunday moved to a midday kick off in the UK (9pm AEST).

Arsenal's League Fixture Against Manchester City In October Has Been Postponed In Order To Allow For The Europa League Game Between The London Club And PSV Eindhoven To Be Played, UEFA And The Premier League Said On Wednesday (September 14).​

The group stage game between Arsenal and PSV, which was scheduled to be played on Thursday at the Emirates Stadium, was postponed due to a lack of adequate security personnel following the death of Queen Elizabeth.

The match will now be played on Oct. 20, a day after Arsenal were to face City.

"UEFA would like to thank the Premier League and the clubs concerned for their flexibility and cooperation in the rescheduling of the UEFA Europa League match," UEFA said in a statement.

The Premier League said a date for the league game between Arsenal and City would be announced in "due course."

League-leaders Arsenal travel to face Brentford in the Premier League on Sunday

The nation Thailand

Bit nervous for the weekend, Brentford looking strong this year especially at home. Hopefully no repeat of last year.

Any news on Partey?

Yes supposedly Partey would have been involved against Everton last week prior to its postponement. Perhaps the extra week off has helped his recuperation, hopefully starts this weekend. Can’t help but feel he’ll string together some good performances only to get injured again in a few weeks time.

ESR will be out as well. October is a very heavy month of football for most clubs with the number of fixtures being jammed in prior to the WC. 3 points at Brentford would be brilliant on Sunday.

If Partey can play against Spurs, that would be a huge in.

Would be massive, yes. He’s also been called up for two friendlies for Ghana in the international break prior to that. He’s their vice captain I believe so very likely to go, hopefully doesn’t play the full matches though and gets through unscathed.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back