Up the Arse! Goons Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

499615.jpg

The culture Arteta is trying to instil is to take every game seriously, every competition seriously, trying to breed a culture of winning and high performance etc.

He was there at City when they’ve won recurring League Cup trophies and aim to go deep in every competition on offer. Winning these last two fixtures and getting to the World Cup break on a high would be right up there in his thinking.

Many fans (myself included) usually react with “meh it’s just the league cup”, but I reckon that’s mostly a fan view. Internally, the players would want to go hard for it. Losing that semi to Liverpool in January this year and limping out of the FA Cup would be relatively fresh still.
This aged well.

This aged well.

From the subs he made he was still going for it. But anyway seems Brighton were comfortably the better the team and deserved the win.

Onto the weekend and 3 points against Wolves ensures Arsenal remain top until after the break - get it done Arsenal!

From the subs he made he was still going for it. But anyway seems Brighton were comfortably the better the team and deserved the win.

Onto the weekend and 3 points against Wolves ensures Arsenal remain top until after the break - get it done Arsenal!
Stopping in the middle of the season for a World Cup just feels weird.

This loss just shows our next best 6 or 7 ain't up to it
My opinion

I'm glad we are out of that comp. 4 comps next year was always going to be too much. Hopefully it wakes the hierarchy up that we need to buy a few players in January, our second string players aren't up to it

I'm glad we are out of that comp. 4 comps next year was always going to be too much. Hopefully it wakes the hierarchy up that we need to buy a few players in January, our second string players aren't up to it
League cup is 🤔 lowest priority out of them all so not upset. I do like winning but.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This loss just shows our next best 6 or 7 ain't up to it
My opinion

Yep there’s gaps across the squad that clearly need strengthening. I watched Arteta’s press conference and he said pointedly the squad is still “very very short”.

January will be very important.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back