Up the Arse! Goons Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Am still carrying the scars of the likes of RvP finally being fit, playing really well for Arsenal, the club performing well in the league. Then goes on international duty with the Netherlands, comes back with an amputated ankle, Wenger initially plays the injury down and the season collapses there on.

If Arse were 4th or 5th with the other battlers, you would probably just go with bloody Eddie. But being top, five clear you just have to go for it, splash that cash hard. I’m sure they will. Stupid not to.
At the expense of a Mudryk though? Who could we possibly get that would be worth it in January? Bring back Balogun and rotate Martinelli through the middle is the other option. Or... and hear me out... play Xhaka as our striker and utilise Elneny and/or Lokonga with Partey. How 'bout it?

Goncalo Ramos certainly announced himself last night. Fits our demographic perfectly (21). Could Benfica be persuaded to loan him out for 6 months?

The loan market could also provide viable options. Its almost 2 years ago in January where Odegaard came in via a loan. A transaction of that nature could be ideal.

I’m not as down on Nketiah as some, however the context is very different to last season when he came in. Then, we were gunning for 4th and trying to hit the ~70 point mark. And came awfully close to doing so with him leading the line.

This time however, it’s a very different equation. Whatever title chances Arsenal have this season (20% chance for me), the target would need to be what, 95+ points at a guess based on the ridiculous numbers City post year after year.

To try and achieve that with Nketiah as the sole striker until March-ish (which also includes the resumption of the EL) would be negligence. No doubt Arteta is all over Josh, Vinai, Edu etc with what he needs. Especially with the Jesus injury now.

At the expense of a Mudryk though? Who could we possibly get that would be worth it in January? Bring back Balogun and rotate Martinelli through the middle is the other option. Or... and hear me out... play Xhaka as our striker and utilise Elneny and/or Lokonga with Partey. How 'bout it?
No.
Goncalo Ramos certainly announced himself last night. Fits our demographic perfectly (21). Could Benfica be persuaded to loan him out for 6 months?
Why would they loan an asset?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Gabriel M as a target man

Felix is 23 and Portuguese speaking, it can be an easy link to make for the tabloids given his profile. I think Mudryk is the most likely, there definitely seems to be something happening there.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back