Up the Arse! Goons Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Holding has had a medical and apparently fee agreed too.
Happy with this signing, would prefer a seasoned CB but he should be ready to play a bit of first team football for us this season.

Four weeks is a long time. I reckon we at getting one more player for sure.
I have no doubt we will sign a striker of some variety.

Wellington Silva has been sold permanently. Not sure he ever made an appearance for Arsenal. In fact I'm guessing he never did, couldn't sort out the work permit issues.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Some interesting tweets from a bloke known as AFCAMDEN who was apparently in the know pretty quickly about our Vardy offer and has ascertained Rob Holding is a done deal since June.

http://www.punditarena.com/football...aims-arsene-wenger-plotting-transfer-madness/

In relation to a striker deal...

Pablo‏@AFCAMDEN
@marctullett Sometimes it's best to keep quiet. Wenger is trying to pull off a madness #cf

Now, madness is subjective, yes.

Is it 94mil Higuain madness?

Is it Yaya Sanogo's little brother madness?

Or is it an entirely new option we haven't dared dream about?

Also, a bit more steam today on our interest in Matthias Ginter from BVB and Jason Denayer from City. Can't imagine we'll go for both once Holding is signed but it seems like we want to create some CB depth we haven't had for a while.

There's the best part of 4 weeks until the season starts and 6 weeks until the window closes. Plenty of time to sign players, no need to get so depressed now.

If we don't sign before the season starts and with our early season absentees I'd be stunned if we pick up more than a few points from the first 3 games.

If we don't sign before the season starts and with our early season absentees I'd be stunned if we pick up more than a few points from the first 3 games.
I think I might take an 8-2 drubbing if it forced action like last time, although hopefully fewer Park Chu-Youngs.

Is it 94mil Higuain madness?

In an exclusive, the site, Calciomercato, claim that the clause will be in play for the lifetime of Higuain’s contract which means for the next two years, unless Napoli agree to a lower price, the striker will not move for less than the above amount.

Juve have been the most interested in the player but they will not meet the clause. Napoli, who say they absolutely, positively, will not sell to Juve (unless the clause is triggered) will not lower the fee.

And Arsenal? They probably aren’t even interested at all. Their name has fallen away almost completely from the gossip columns in Italy.

Napoli are trying to get Higuain to sign a new deal but he will only agree to one if they include a release fee that is around €30m as opposed to €94m.

Last edited:
After RM and Barcelona get first dibs, there's not a lot left to go around. United haven't had one since RvP left them, either, and even Man City hasn't been able to get or make a second one since Aguero arrived. The best Chelsea has done since Drogba left is an unreliable and volatile Costa. Liverpool got Suarez, but won nothing with him, before he left as soon as Barcelona decided they wanted him.

After RM and Barcelona get first dibs, there's not a lot left to go around. United haven't had one since RvP left them, either, and even Man City hasn't been able to get or make a second one since Aguero arrived. The best Chelsea has done since Drogba left is an unreliable and volatile Costa.

Higuain was the one we missed the boat on when he went to Napoli for 35 million quid or whatever it was 3 years ago.

Higuain was the one we missed the boat on when he went to Napoli for 35 million quid or whatever it was 3 years ago.

Didn't we put him on hold thinking Suarez was a done deal and ended up screwing the pooch on both?

Yes Higuain is the one that got away. It sounded all done but frustrating we couldn't get it over finish line.

United and City have at least been trying. Martial, Bony, Negredo, Ibra etc. They've been proactive. What have we done? Sanogo? Welbeck?

The time has come. Should be gunning for that big money striker. Higuain is ridiculously overpriced now and we've missed the boat on that, but the emerging rumours of Icardi are promising.

There's every chance we * it up though. Hopefully he's not another 'I tried to sign him' player for Wenger.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back