Autopsy UP THE BLOODY PRELIM!

May 14, 2008
Canberra
AFL Club
West Coast
UP YOU BLOODY BEAUTIFUL ******* COASTERS!!!

Probs not a bad week to lift the self-imposed 18 month long posting ban. :)

Loved EVERY. SINGLE. MINUTE. of that game.

To say that was delicious is an understatement of epic proportions. The boys were on and they were up for it. They were playing for each other. Bumps (even Jetts), sheppards (even Jetts), tackles (even Jetts), creating space, running both ways, swarming the ball carrier, straight-lining the ball (I"m looking at you Duggs, Cole, Venners, Rioli), getting in their faces (how good was Reddo (I think) giving Lewis the hair ruffle after the tummy tap free kick? It was complete. I couldn't think of one player that was below par.

Redden was massive. JK a beast - throwing that aging, sore body of his at every contest. He was not going to lose a contest, no matter how many he was battling. F*** he so deserves a flag. If for no other reason I want us to win this one for him. Didn't want to be traded but showed so much maturity and professionalism when he got here and he has given everything for this club. So humble, so selfless.

Varcett must get big props. Nullified Gawn and gave our mids half a chance.

Sure, the Dees shat the bed before they got out of it, but our boys smelled the s**t and they went in for the kill....ok that sounded way better in my head. Its been a bit of a knock on them in the past. Not in this game. Big moment. Big Crowd. Against the Big media darlings this year. It was a massive statement.

And Simmo is so f***ing good. Forget his coaching nous, and his amazing bond with this group. He is already planting the seeds for the fortress next year. Every interview, he has been at pains to say how massive the crowd has been for the team and how it lifts them. Don't tell me you bastards that went to the game and booed didn't feel just a little proud at hearing that. And you'll be back at your booing best next year. Because you won't want to let Simmo down. And you don't even know him. Imagine what those 44 blokes would do for him?

I'm ecstatic. Booked my flights 5 minutes into the 2nd. Now for a ticket to the game!

Two days later I'm still buzzing. Screw the Brownlow. I'm going off to watch the replay (again).

Feb 9, 2012
PERTH
AFL Club
West Coast
I’m gunna enjoy the week on BF this time around. In 2015 after the prelim, after drinking all day and then night at the game, I came home and thought it was a good idea to go over to the freo board and let them know how sorry I was that their brave team had not made the GF.

I copped a weeks ban and missed GF week on bigfooty. I deliberately stayed away for a few days afterwards this time so I didn’t do something similar.

Gwaihir

Senior List
May 20, 2018
Heartland
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Wizards
As an aside, who would the Dorkers have to present the Norm Smith? Not that they will need anyone ever.
Maybe Ross Glendinning ;).
Ps Love the Kempy selection.

Feb 9, 2012
PERTH
AFL Club
West Coast
Nah it’s a previous norm smith medalist that presents the norm smith. The cup is presented by a past player, doesn’t have to be Normy winner. In 06 we had Jako present the cup. Kempy was lined up to do it in 2015, but then something happened and I assume the game was called off as I don’t remember a GF ever happening in 2015?

Avalor

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 15, 2009
Jakarta
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
East Perth, Donnybrook, Chelsea
Yes, that melbourne player who had to wait for the ball 30m , but then Duggan sacked him, he got back up not realising it was a free against, tried to play on, and Gov sacked him....great stuff.

Ryan’s tapping run through the middle was matera like.

Yes, the latter - magic stuff from flyin Ryan. I am hoping like hell that we see some more of that on Saturday.

Back