FTA-TV Up The Guts

Remove this Banner Ad

faaaaark that was bad. It's not often I'll bail early on a show in its first episode but the cringe was too much. Glad this thread exists so I could vent.

I won't knock someone for trying something new. Unfortunately there was nothing new about this though. RIP Up The Guts, you are already dead.

Turned the telly on in readiness for the days footy, there's a replay of this show on and they're doing some inexplicable thing where they're playing old clips of Barassi commentating on current issues or some s**t. There was also a news segment which had some cutting edge humour regarding the dual meaning of 'calves' (they're both a baby cow and things on your legs!!! How has no one ever noticed that before?) and Tasmanians being inbred.

Telly's on mute now until the footy starts

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What’s the fascination with AFL shows and unfunny FM shock jocks? Not been a proven formula.

why do they keep trying to feed us "footy entertainment" shows on a channel where we want proper analysis? if we wanted tryhards and "comedy", we would watch The Bounce.

I saw the promo interview they did at half-time on Friday night, and when Laurence Mooney said "we've got the lawyers on speed dial" I knew exactly in that moment the show would be sh!thouse. Most TV shows that claim they're going to be edgy or politically incorrect will definitely not be edgy or politically incorrect

And Jono Brown being their first guest was the most safe option they could get. He's already employed by Fox Footy.. close to zero effort in getting a good "guest"

The hostility to it here is so strong it actually makes me interesting in watching a few minutes of it. Could it possibly be worse than The Bounce?

In all seriousness, the ineptitude of Fox Footy's non-broadcast content over the past few years has been something else. The 2002-2006 Fox Footy version was rudimentary in some ways but from memory was miles better than the dross they dish up now.

The hostility to it here is so strong it actually makes me interesting in watching a few minutes of it. Could it possibly be worse than The Bounce?
It’s a close call. They’re both terrible in different ways.

UTG attempts to be a bit more clever than Bounce. It just fails dismally. Bounce unashamedly does low grade humour which is still s**t but you know what you’re gonna get and idiots seem to like it. UTG also features actual comedians as opposed to footballers who think they are comedians, which in theory is a good idea but not so much when one of those comedians is “Deano”.

Each to their own but The Front Bar leaves this and every other light hearted footy show for dead imo.

Last edited:
There was a segment when they all had a hand on a bust of Ron Barrassi and they asked him questions, and used audio grabs of Barrass....like ‘what do you think of The Couch’ and Barrass responds ‘Healy off’ from that famous clip.

It was worse than it reads on here.

There was a segment when they all had a hand on a bust of Ron Barrassi and they asked him questions, and used audio grabs of Barrass....like ‘what do you think of The Couch’ and Barrass responds ‘Healy off’ from that famous clip.

It was worse than it reads on here.
Mate, you could not possibly describe how appalling, abysmal, awful, dreadful, dire,atrocious, deplorable, hopeless, laughable and woeful that was.
But i think i'm getting close......
Don't even get me started on that Deano character.:mad:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back