FTA-TV Up The Guts

Remove this Banner Ad

I don’t mind Lawrence Mooney but in this show he is letting himself down let alone the audience

Absolutely horrendous.

It's not rocket science, either do the Trevor Marmalade style, where the comedian pipes up once every 15 minutes, or stick to real footy people taking the piss out of each other. Before the Game wasn't as good as people seem to remember (entirely due to the ridiculous number of comedians on the show), but compared to its competition, it was Emmy Award stuff.

They honestly dusted off the Hitler Downfall meme tonight and you could just imagine Natalie Yoannidis thinking 'what would happen if I just walked off the set?' during the Mike Sheahan 'impersonation'.

Has Mooney lost the plot? This is a train wreck. I mean, I detest Bounce, and it's clearly better than this tripe.

Absolutely horrendous.

It's not rocket science, either do the Trevor Marmalade style, where the comedian pipes up once every 15 minutes, or stick to real footy people taking the piss out of each other. Before the Game wasn't as good as people seem to remember (entirely due to the ridiculous number of comedians on the show), but compared to its competition, it was Emmy Award stuff.

They honestly dusted off the Hitler Downfall meme tonight and you could just imagine Natalie Yoannidis thinking 'what would happen if I just walked off the set?' during the Mike Sheahan 'impersonation'.

Has Mooney lost the plot? This is a train wreck. I mean, I detest Bounce, and it's clearly better than this tripe.

Such a weird show, it has potential but Mooney can be so awkward at times. Surprised Nat hasn't given it the flick yet tbh although selfishly I'm glad she hasn't :cool:

Apparently the show returns this Friday night

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Couldn’t imagine ESPN crossing to a ‘comedy’ show like Up the Guts or Bounce straight after a big game. We put up with some crap.

And you have to watch it if your team just won because they withhold the team singing the song so UTG can show it. Because of course it's absolutely vital that they get to such an important show as quickly as possible.

They'd lose nothing by showing it on Tuesday or Wednesday, except the captive audience which is waiting for their club song and/or some decent post game analysis and will switch off within 10 minutes.

At least Bounce knows its audience. This show needs to be geared to 18-45s with a more than casual interest in the game but who are also keen for a few players and guests to get the piss taken out of them. Basically the same as Before the Game, a more 'footy' focused version of The Footy Show in its prime.

As it stands, I find the show with Brad Johnson, Dermott and Sarah Olle to be much funnier and it's not even going out of its way to be funny: just three people who work well together and can move pretty effortlessly between serious and silly, while giving a decent snapshot of what's gone on over the weekend. Perfect. So why not just do that for 2-3 nights on the weekend and have two more ex players and Yoannidis if required to rotate?

Agree about the Saturday Stretch, it's the only night of footy where you can safely leave the telly on after the footy has finished. It's criminal how they put Bounce on instead of actually wrapping up the final Sunday game properly, and sometimes they don't even bother at all, like when they went to Bounce straight after the siren (like, literally as soon as it sounded) of a game that went right down to the wire, hugely disrespectful to the game and the fans.

Agree about the Saturday Stretch, it's the only night of footy where you can safely leave the telly on after the footy has finished. It's criminal how they put Bounce on instead of actually wrapping up the final Sunday game properly, and sometimes they don't even bother at all, like when they went to Bounce straight after the siren (like, literally as soon as it sounded) of a game that went right down to the wire, hugely disrespectful to the game and the fans.

So true. Bounce is so f****** stupid it's not even 'so bad it's good'.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bounce is so bad, it's bad.
I actually like most of the people on Bounce, but I just find it to be very, very bad, in a weird and depressing kind of way. I want to be watching footy stuff straight after the late Sunday game, but not this.

I actually like most of the people on Bounce, but I just find it to be very, very bad, in a weird and depressing kind of way. I want to be watching footy stuff straight after the late Sunday game, but not this.
I like all of them as well but I find myself thinking :why are you doing this?"

I like all of them as well but I find myself thinking :why are you doing this?"
Yep. Seems a pointless show, when a proper post-match review could be taking place or a Saturday Stretch type show. When it comes on I think "OK, maybe this is a sign that I've watched enough footy this weekend and should watch/do something else".

Can't recall Fox Footy ever axing a show during the season, must have been rating horrendously.

Someone at Fox has a sense of humour. They were running a Best of Up the Guts on the weekend.

Similar to Best of Bounce over summer where it's the stupid challenges and Dunstall's old dribble kicks thing and that's it.

Can't recall Fox Footy ever axing a show during the season, must have been rating horrendously.

I thought it improved after they got rid of Deano but once their best gag with "On The Sauce" started to wear thin it was probably time to shut up shop.

Surprised it lasted this long. Just as surprised that Mooney bloke gets paid to appear on TV.

He's better than Cam Mooney but that's not saying much.

Extended post match coverage with the Friday night panel? E.g Eddie, Roos, Riewoldt etc? Probably good timing leading into the business end of the season/finals

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

I saw about ten minutes of one episode. It was the night after Sydney Stack congratulated Eddie Betts on that goal from boundary. Dipper was the guest and he was asked about it by Lawrence Mooney.

Mooney was saying he thought it was alright, but Dipper was adamant that Stack shouldn't have laughed with an opponent in game...and then it got pretty testy between the two of them (Dipper: "Yeah, well I have actually played the game"), to the point where the co-host (Nat?) had to direct the conversation elsewhere.

It was some of the most awkward TV I've seen in a long time.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back