Interviews, podcasts & upcoming media info [post media articles in relevant threads]

Remove this Banner Ad

Bloody hard to watch wasn't it even after all this time. What a genuinely likable and decent guy. I'm so glad that he is putting the pieces back together and, even though it still has some lingering affects, that the injury won't hold him back.

From a purely selfish note, here was a kid who wanted to play footy. For us. And was happy and grateful to do it. And he was already good and going to be even better.

And that shite happened. Screw you footy Gods. Even now. Still.
Whilst I appreciate that Justin's injury was unrelated to our overall position last year, I did think our claim for a pick 3 priority pick may have been enhanced by the loss of our #1 KPD for the next 10 years coupled with our prolonged period as a perennial bottom four side.

I did however think the AFL may, and a big may at that, have given us pick 3 last year on the back of the above or in the very least, Justin's premature retirement could've given the AFL something to hang their hat on once the heat came from the big VIC clubs.

On one hand I thought what an outstanding person the club has lost. Someone recruited right.

On the other hand when he said he couldn't remember much of last year I thought " you lucky bastard" :)

just watched a replay of Jason Akermanis on Marngrook, great honest, funny chat. couldn't find a copy online to link it, really worth a look though. Robert Walls was on as well.

will try again later on to link, someone else with greater technological ability than this old man want to have a go in the meantime?

just watched a replay of Jason Akermanis on Marngrook, great honest, funny chat. couldn't find a copy online to link it, really worth a look though. Robert Walls was on as well.

will try again later on to link, someone else with greater technological ability than this old man want to have a go in the meantime?

38:30 time stamp.

Has matured considerably, has he not?

Watched it as well. Was a great interview.

Has matured considerably, has he not?
yep, although i have always been protective of a persons right to be an individual and not fit into the box that society tries to put them in. we tend to cry out for off the cuff remarks and challenging view points but then when it comes we jump on them like a ton of bricks full of judgement and derision, even in a team environment you need different personality types IMO, seemed to work very well for us in the early 2000s.

IIRC nothing that Jason did or said was of such a heinous nature that it could not be forgiven pretty quickly after the fact.

Had a good chat to Aker at the Grand Final lunch last year. He came across as incredibly level headed and a deep thinker of the game.
Loved his comment that the only players that came in after 2000 were Mal Michael and Martin Pike.
So much for using the retention allowance to buy three flags.

Had a good chat to Aker at the Grand Final lunch last year. He came across as incredibly level headed and a deep thinker of the game.
Loved his comment that the only players that came in after 2000 were Mal Michael and Martin Pike.

... and Caracella. That was what really pissed off Vic clubs.

... and Caracella. That was what really pissed off Vic clubs.
The least if them by a fair way. So outside he was in the stands half the time. Though ironic that the one time he did go in hard he got a career ending injury.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yes. And so much for the oft-repeated myth that Gubby builit the premiership list (oft-repeated by Gubby, mainly).

Yes. And so much for the oft-repeated myth that Gubby builit the premiership list (oft-repeated by Gubby, mainly).
Would have loved to see what he could have done with Collingwood. Gubby has many hidden talents, as opposed to his hiding talents of which he has none.

Would have loved to see what he could have done with Collingwood. Gubby has many hidden talents, as opposed to his hiding talents of which he has none.
Gubby is nothing if not creative ...his school was playing a match in apalling wintry conditions .Gubby addressed the teams and explained, as central umpire, he would be positioned in his vehicle, on the wing.Left indicator, indicates a free to the team running that way, right indicator, the reverse. Goal , the horn,once, behind ,blown sharp,three times....I will alight and blow the whistle at the end of a quarter.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back