Interviews, podcasts & upcoming media info [post media articles in relevant threads]

Remove this Banner Ad

I was thinking that the plan was to use the Media thread for stuff in the media (duh) about the Lions that didn't have its own dedicated thread ... and if there was enough discussion on a particular topic the conversation about it would be moved to its own thread, a note put in its place that posts re topic x had been moved to thread y. This seems to be trending the other way - as it I wanted to ask a question / comment about something earlier but didn't think it was allowed ... but since it is currently off topic in a topical way I feel ok typing this.

Maybe this thread for literally "Leppa on SEN at 11 was just announced" and the old Media Thread for media stuff that has already happened (the article about x by Hammo etc) ... which also allows for the generation of new threads when the conversation warrants it?

Why not just close down the bigger threads, create new ones and link back to the old one in the first post. 2 birds 1 stone.

http://www.afl.com.au/video/2016-08-24/lions-leaders-have-been-poor

Barrett on Mitch Robinson

Highlight robbo for 2016 fair enough, but then says this. "he was one of 4 players that won their b&f last year, I think they gave them a b&f per win, I'm not counting that" when replying to lloyd to Mitch winning his first b&f. This bloke gets in the media ?

http://www.afl.com.au/video/2016-08-24/lions-leaders-have-been-poor

Barrett on Mitch Robinson

Highlight robbo for 2016 fair enough, but then says this. "he was one of 4 players that won their b&f last year, I think they gave them a b&f per win, I'm not counting that" when replying to lloyd to Mitch winning his first b&f. This bloke gets in the media ?
Barrett is a tool. Takes great delight in slamming the Lions for reasons that are obviously personal. Unprofessional.

Barrett is a tool. Takes great delight in slamming the Lions for reasons that are obviously personal. Unprofessional.

Damien Barrett's analysis is abysmal. The best he could offer is that the area the Lions need to improve upon in 2017 is their "professionalism". Couldn't even offer specific details on that. At least Lloyd identified a couple of specific areas the Lions could improve upon such as the acquisition of a mature key defender.

Dan Merrett interview on SEN. Pretty honest. I'm not quite sure how to interpret what he says about Leppa, sounded a bit luke warm but maybe I'm just reading into it. EDIT: Sorry if this has already been posted. I haven't seen it and since the threads have split up I've missed a few things that have already been posted.

Dan Merrett interview on SEN. Pretty honest. I'm not quite sure how to interpret what he says about Leppa, sounded a bit luke warm but maybe I'm just reading into it.
i was going to post that here, then thought i might get into trouble so started a farewell rog thread, i also thought he was not all that supportive of Leppa.

Dan Merrett interview on SEN. Pretty honest. I'm not quite sure how to interpret what he says about Leppa, sounded a bit luke warm but maybe I'm just reading into it. EDIT: Sorry if this has already been posted. I haven't seen it and since the threads have split up I've missed a few things that have already been posted.
He sounded a lot more enthusiastic when talking about rocky. Also gave a bit of a serve to the senior players about not keeping their heads up and 4 quarter effort.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

i was going to post that here, then thought i might get into trouble so started a farewell rog thread, i also thought he was not all that supportive of Leppa.

Said the following:
  • the reported negative aspects of the club was amplified by the fact they were losing on-field.
  • Leppitsch was very, very determined and super-resilient and could be a long term coach
  • lost a little bit of membership to the Suns and said Brisbane has found it more difficult to get hold of talent when they were at the bottom of the ladder.
  • reported unrest with captain was more to do with on-field losses. Said Rockliff has toughed it out under some duress this year and can't see Rockliff leaving the club.
  • motivating the young group to play consistently and with spirit has been difficult at times. Group is more easily discouraged when the tide goes against them largely because of the young age of the group.
  • Senior players need to take more on-field responsibility.
  • Player retention in non-football states is difficult. When times are tough, its more difficult to retain players who fall back on familiar surroundings in tough times.
  • Felt he was physically on last legs in AFL. Probably still would have still retired even if Lions were a top 8 side.

Said the following:
  • the reported negative aspects of the club was amplified by the fact they were losing on-field.
  • Leppitsch was very, very determined and super-resilient and could be a long term coach
  • lost a little bit of membership to the Suns and said Brisbane has found it more difficult to get hold of talent when they were at the bottom of the ladder.
  • reported unrest with captain was more to do with on-field losses. Said Rockliff has toughed it out under some duress this year and can't see Rockliff leaving the club.
  • motivating the young group to play consistently and with spirit has been difficult at times. Group is more easily discouraged when the tide goes against them largely because of the young age of the group.
  • Senior players need to take more on-field responsibility.
  • Player retention in non-football states is difficult. When times are tough, its more difficult to retain players who fall back on familiar surroundings in tough times.
  • Felt he was physically on last legs in AFL. Probably still would have still retired even if Lions were a top 8 side.
agree with all that, i just thought he could have been more forceful in his support of Leppa eg. i think it would be great for the club going forward if Leppa stayed on.

if Leppa stays on i will fully support the clubs decision if it goes the other way i will still be supportive but with a fair degree of sadness for Leppa.

agree with all that, i just thought he could have been more forceful in his support of Leppa eg. i think it would be great for the club going forward if Leppa stayed on.

if Leppa stays on i will fully support the clubs decision if it goes the other way i will still be supportive but with a fair degree of sadness for Leppa.
Or maybe he doesn't support Leppa. Don't think we could get a clear picture of what he thinks from that interview.

So which board member keeps leaking info to the media? Anyone want to take a guess and no it's not Leigh.

After watching Browny last night OTC, he has definitely had way too many head knocks, can barely string two words together.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back