(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ed_Gein

You are nex !
Dec 17, 2003
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
LFC, BVB, Rangers, Valencia, Storm
A disgrace that Cineworld are boycotting showing the new Robert the Bruce film here in Scotland and it seems like a lot of other pictures have hardly any screenings. My local Vue has 11 screenings over the next 7 days, yet they have 20 alone for Toy Story 4 tomorrow.... Anyway, really interested to see it.

Last edited:

Echoes

Drain the swamp.
Suspended
May 2, 2019
AFL Club
St Kilda
A disgrace that Cineworld are boycotting showing the new Robert the Bruce film here in Scotland and it seems like a lot of other pictures have hardly any screenings. My local Vue has 11 screenings over the next 7 days, yet they have 20 alone for Toy Story 4 tomorrow.... Anyway, really interested to see it.

Why are they boycotting it?

Ed_Gein

You are nex !
Dec 17, 2003
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Why are they boycotting it?
Political reasons most likely. The UK governement pressured television networks into delaying the broadcasting of the show Outlander until after the Scottish referendum vote, so I'd say it's more than likely something similar is happening with Robert the Bruce given there is now a movement from Scottish government to push for independence.....

Echoes

Drain the swamp.
Suspended
May 2, 2019
AFL Club
St Kilda
Political reasons most likely. The UK governement pressured television networks into delaying the broadcasting of the show Outlander until after the Scottish referendum vote, so I'd say it's more than likely something similar is happening with Robert the Bruce given there is now a movement from Scottish government to push for independence.....
Don’t remember them carrying on like this with Braveheart? But then I guess the English killed him in the end.

Ed_Gein

You are nex !
Dec 17, 2003
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Don’t remember them carrying on like this with Braveheart? But then I guess the English killed him in the end.
Haha, yeah. Although the political climate is a lot different to how it was back in the mid-90's. Braveheart was a nice spectacle, but full of factual inaccuracies. :p

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ice-Wolf

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 19, 2007
Mornington Peninsula
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Anaheim Ducks, PSV Eindhoven

The opening shot is pretty cool.
So at a guess he's been deliberately screwing with his own career to stay in the pilots seat. Admirals don't fly anything but a desk. Plus Maverick would never have made Admiral anyway not with his record for insubordination, the real question is why the Navy haven't retired him yet themselves.

RobbyRoy

Premiership Player
May 3, 2007
Perth
AFL Club
GWS
Other Teams
Victory
So at a guess he's been deliberately screwing with his own career to stay in the pilots seat. Admirals don't fly anything but a desk. Plus Maverick would never have made Admiral anyway not with his record for insubordination, the real question is why the Navy haven't retired him yet themselves.
You've thought about this a thousand times more than the writers of the film have.

Top Bottom