Upcoming sales - save us all some money

Remove this Banner Ad

Mar 23, 2010
Section 24 subsection B3 JUST GOT REPEALED.
AFL Club
Collingwood
with the economy running poor, retailers desperate for a sale, im expecting some absolute unheard of bargains in the lead up to christmas. forget post xmas sales, im talking pre xmas, when the stores are staffed and theres stock on the floor.

to start off, ive just noticed JBHIFI & MYER both have 20% off selected TV's tomorrow - not everything, but enough to get any budget interested.

JB for example normally have 10% sales - never 20%. maybe a sign of things to come :D

I go to JB Hi-Fi quite often, being a big music fan, but this year they have been terrible for CD sales. The last sale they had from memory was in January after Christmas. Last year they had sales every couple of months. Fingers crossed they have some sales soon.

I go to JB Hi-Fi quite often, being a big music fan, but this year they have been terrible for CD sales. The last sale they had from memory was in January after Christmas. Last year they had sales every couple of months. Fingers crossed they have some sales soon.

What the hell is a CD? :p

Concerning JB I've found they tend to drop prices (especially for bigger things like TVs, etc) if you ask what the best price they can do for u, in fact here's a good tip for you... If you're buying a TV from them, if they won't cut you a deal ask em if u can have the demo model on the shelf. A few mates have done this and saved a fair bit. They'll often give you a discount on warranties, etc anyway. So are sales really that necessary?

from the info i was given today, the absurd price drop on tv's etc is about 1 week away. i went to see a mate who runs a JB today, to buy 2 tv's for a family member, hoping for the usual 10-20% off any sticker price. he gave me 33% off, and told me to collect & pay for them next weekend when the next price drop comes thru.

cashflow is becoming very important even to the largest businesses and heavy discounting, just to get some cash in the door, is about to hit.

ozbargain.com.au is great for any sort of sale - members spot specials and post the details. dont need to join to view.

with JB, just keep pushing, especially is you want to buy a bundle of stuff, not just one item.

Yeh, just ask if they can do a deal for you. They often give big discounts on warranties, etc or might chuck in a hdmi cable if you buy a TV. Just haggle.
[YOUTUBE]yZ9EJIvi8PU[/YOUTUBE]

the werribee plaza AFL store is relocating, so 30-50% off everything.

now the highpoint store is doing the same. dropped in today, and theres not much collingwood stuff left. but it is worth a visit if you have cash for those memorabilia pieces - photos/signature etc. theres one for our 2010 flag, and another for swannies brownlow. each $450 from memory.

according to a post in the videos forum, sportsdelivered.com.au, also known as name-a-game, are having a $10 sale on february 9.

all dvd's are $10 apparently, as long as its not a game they have to restore from tape - in other words any games in the last 10 years and most of the ones they have before that.

BUMP - 2 days to go

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Rhodes and Beckett next to 333 Collins Street have a HUGE sale on at the moment, probably ends tomorrow. I went there yesterday and picked up 5 shirts for $240 (would usually be close to $1000) and 4 ties for $100. Basically ties ALL ties are $35 and buy 3 get 1 free. All shirts are $60 and buy 4 get 1 free. Suits are around $250.

I'd say go early tomorrow though because I went back in today and alot of stuff was going.

However they do stock up regularly, I may have gone in when they were being a bit slack.

Rhodes and Beckett next to 333 Collins Street have a HUGE sale on at the moment, probably ends tomorrow. I went there yesterday and picked up 5 shirts for $240 (would usually be close to $1000) and 4 ties for $100. Basically ties ALL ties are $35 and buy 3 get 1 free. All shirts are $60 and buy 4 get 1 free. Suits are around $250.

I'd say go early tomorrow though because I went back in today and alot of stuff was going.

http://www.rhodesbeckett.com.au/

or do it online - free shipping

There's no sale online? I think it is very much a locational thing with R&B as the sales are never usually on at the same stores. E.g. When a sale is on at GPO store it generally isn't on at Myer or Collins St.

http://www.ozbargain.com.au/node/63130

for those who are capable of creating their own 3D creations, or for total nufs like me with no idea, have a look at this.

hundreds of dollars worth of software for free.

yeah i know, it could be dodgy, but it aint. i downloaded last night and playing with it now. amazing. ive mainly got it for my eldest (12yo) who will be going to a school where animation is huge. hopefully this proves a good intro.

anyway have a look. :thumbsu:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back