FTA-TV Upcoming TV shows 2024 Discussion thread

Remove this Banner Ad

New zombie show next week with Timothy Olyphant and Drew Barrymore called Santa Clarita Diet

Sheila and Joel, a married couple, are real estate agents in Santa Clarita, California. When Sheila dies, their lives take a dark turn.
My friend plays the daughter of Drew Barrymore on the show.

Mr Mercedes, anyone?

I'm not sure if I'm more disturbed by the actions of a mass murderer or the relationship he has with his mother. :eek:

Season 1 finished, I thought it was pretty good. Looks like there will be a season 2, and I will watch it no doubt. The soundtrack to each episode was outstanding .

Apparently Stranger Things 2 drops Friday.

Cannot miss this fact on Netflix home page atm.
Yep! Cant wait.

Also just started watching Slasher on Netflix. First episode was alright. Pretty gruesome in parts but also pretty predictable with people doing stupid s**t.

Like watching the first episode and for reasons yet to be explained, this girl moves back to the town that she was born or grew up in I believe. But moves back into the house where her parents were murdered. I mean who does that?

Why live in the house where that happened and have that reminder every single day. Then later in the episode the main character hears screaming from her next door neighbour and goes to check it out.

She knocks on the door and through the door she sees this hulking figure stomp slowly towards the door. It's pretty obvious that isnt the old lady who lives there. The big hulking figure, unlocks the door and walks away. So after a minute, the girl/main character decides that that must be the old lady and shes acting weird and ill just walk into the house to investigate on my own.

I know horror/slasher films and tv shows always have this trope but I really wish one show would bring a bit of intelligence to their characters.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It says it would be preceding Fellowship so I don't know if we would get Bombadil. I suppose with most of it being made up in the writers room, they could come up with a story line for him. The biggest problem though is we hardly know anything about him.

I actually wouldn't mind a T.V series about the earlier days of Middle Earth. They would at least have the Silmarillion as source material.

It says it would be preceding Fellowship so I don't know if we would get Bombadil. I suppose with most of it being made up in the writers room, they could come up with a story line for him. The biggest problem though is we hardly know anything about him.

I actually wouldn't mind a T.V series about the earlier days of Middle Earth. They would at least have the Silmarillion as source material.

Prob get Aragorn striding around
some early days ent stories would be cool
Gandalf, Suraman and Radagast doing their thing

Got to be a dedicated reader for Silmarillion, also read Tom Bombadil you wind up speaking or thinking in rhyme for about a week!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Has anybody watched The Wall? It has had only 6 episodes? Is it finished for the year or has it been cancelled?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back