FTA-TV Upcoming TV shows 2024 Discussion thread

Remove this Banner Ad

So Tom Hardy's father died, thus he inherited an island/land. The government are trying to take it from him for business purposes.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

I get that but what I don't get is why he is the way he is and why everyone see him the way they do.

Just came across a show called X Company (3rd series), anyone following it, is it any good?

I like it. If you like war movies/T.V shows then you'll probably like it. It focuses on espionage rather than battles.

Just started shooter

Not gonna win any Emmys, but is surprisingly ok

I like it

2 things annoyed me in the latest episode though

when Lon Scott was shooting into the building there was no glass breaking and why would you put the exploding bullet the third one along rather than the first one?

I like it

2 things annoyed me in the latest episode though

when Lon Scott was shooting into the building there was no glass breaking and why would you put the exploding bullet the third one along rather than the first one?

The problem is going to be how does it cope with a story arc thats suited to being one season, or two at the absolute most

I get that but what I don't get is why he is the way he is and why everyone see him the way they do.

Because he's Tom Hardy, and that's his schtick? I felt they were quite revelling in the grunginess of it. OK, enough to keep me watching.

In honour of having no new ideas and now just regurgitate 90 minute film plots into 10 hours of tv

Training Day

TV follow-up to the 2001 film 'Training Day' about a rookie cop partnered with a corrupt officer.

Last edited:
Justin Kirk of Weeds fame stars in APB - yet another really shitty sounding cop show

"After witnessing his best friend's murder, Gideon takes charge of Chicago's troubled 13th district, creating an app, allowing citizens to immediately alert the police."

(Log in to remove this ad.)

In more "you can never have enough comic book based tv shows" news, Katie Aselton of The League stars in Legion

Legion, based on the Marvel Comics by Chris Claremont and Bill Sienkiewicz, is the story of David Haller (Dan Stevens), a troubled young man who may be more than human.

Katherine Heigl gets another shot in another pretty thin sounding plot in Doubt

"A successful defense lawyer at a boutique firm becomes romantically involved with a client who may or may not be guilty of a brutal crime."

Justin Kirk of Weeds fame stars in APB - yet another really shitty sounding cop show

"After witnessing his best friend's murder, Gideon takes charge of Chicago's troubled 13th district, creating an app, allowing citizens to immediately alert the police."
All cop shows start with the main protagonist having some kind of villain from the get go. It's their motive for being a cop.

The problem with the current breed of shows and movies is that production companies are looking for material that already have an attached audience. This can only be achieved through making Comic-Book adaptions (MCU and DCEU), book adaptions (Hunger Games, Lemony Snickets), remakes (MacGyver, Lethal Weapon), spin-offs (Dick Wolf's Universe), or generic story lines (buddy cop drama).

By creating a new genre / story, they risk people not watching the shows. And with the increase alternate streaming sites, it's becoming more and more important for the channels to get us to watch the material off legal services.

By creating a new genre / story, they risk people not watching the shows. And with the increase alternate streaming sites, it's becoming more and more important for the channels to get us to watch the material off legal services.

The shows that are most downloaded are all shows that are doing the best financially as well though. GoT, TWD etc. Is there any shows that get downloaded a lot that rate poorly otherwise?

Powerless Pilot was terrible. Vanessa Hudgens was overacting and I found her character really annoying. Even Abed can't save this show. Also, did not laugh once for the entire 20 minutes.

Superior Donuts was awesome. Kinda reminds me of Cheers, but with a donut store instead of a bar and in the 21st century. Had heaps of quick one liners. The only thing I'd suggest is for Maz Jobrani to lose his accent.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back