FTA-TV Upcoming TV shows 2024 Discussion thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Troubadour

Cancelled
Jun 19, 2010
Lake Oval
AFL Club
Sydney
Started watching Beyond and The Young Pope.

The Young Pope is really engaging. Really enjoying Jude Law as the Pope.
Beyond I'm not sure on - started out okay but now it might be morphing into some sort of young adult fare.

2006_Eagles

Brownlow Medallist
10k Posts BeanCoiNFT Investor Spooderman Meme Medal
Sep 6, 2015
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Pelicans, Perf Wildcats
Not new but how good is Archer and Peep Show back to back on Tuesday night?

Peep Show was so insanely good

2006_Eagles

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 6, 2015
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Pelicans, Perf Wildcats
I am shattered that it has finished.
Prob in my top 10 shows of all time.

It probably had to finish when it did, Mitchell and Webb were starting to get a bit old for Mark and Jez and their hijinx now days.

2006_Eagles

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 6, 2015
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Pelicans, Perf Wildcats
Started watching Beyond and The Young Pope.

The Young Pope is really engaging. Really enjoying Jude Law as the Pope.
Beyond I'm not sure on - started out okay but now it might be morphing into some sort of young adult fare.

YooMg_f-maxage-0.gif

2006_Eagles

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 6, 2015
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Pelicans, Perf Wildcats
Yeah true that.
Was a very clever and well written show.
I think I am going to miss Super Hans the most though. :'(

Super Hans the ultimate stealth jerk :p

Well, not really stealth, just outright jerk haha

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I am a little reluctant to watch this for fear that it may be (Dare I say it) a little girly.:eek:

The reviews aren't great but I don't think it is as bad as what some are making out. It is only 2 episodes in so it is possible it improves quite a bit. From what I have seen so far you don't really need to worry about it being 'girly'.

Aug 2, 2007
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Packers, Bulls, Ducks, Angels
I started watching the Lethal Weapon series yesterday. Story wise it's about as generic a cop show as you could possibly find but the two main actors have great chemistry together and I enjoyed it as some mindless entertainment.

Mentallo

Premiership Player
Apr 23, 2005
Your minds eye.
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Pittsburgh Penguins
The reviews aren't great but I don't think it is as bad as what some are making out. It is only 2 episodes in so it is possible it improves quite a bit. From what I have seen so far you don't really need to worry about it being 'girly'.

Cheers mate. Yeah I have seen that some of the reviews have been critical, I will prob check it out at the end of the week.

I just watched the pilot of Taboo which is a new mini-series starring Tom Hardy. I really liked it although I don't really understand what is going on yet as they didn't really give any of the background context.

I started watching the Lethal Weapon series yesterday. Story wise it's about as generic a cop show as you could possibly find but the two main actors have great chemistry together and I enjoyed it as some mindless entertainment.

Agreed, other then Murtaughs wife i find it to be really good.

I just watched the pilot of Taboo which is a new mini-series starring Tom Hardy. I really liked it although I don't really understand what is going on yet as they didn't really give any of the background context.
Will give it a try. Thanks. IMDB have given it a 9.4.

crafty_bernardo

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 5, 2013
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
So Tom Hardy's father died, thus he inherited an island/land. The government are trying to take it from him for business purposes.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

Back