FTA-TV Upcoming TV shows 2024 Discussion thread

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 12, 2005
Bentleigh, Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
This thread is as good a place as any for this. I'm getting this on SBS On Demand on a few shows. I wanna watch Project Blue Book, but it's obviously not working for me.

EDIT: fuggedaboudit. I think my problem is that the secure connection setting on Kaspersky switches on and makes sites think I'm in another country

LbMI6UE.jpg

Last edited:

crafty_bernardo

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 5, 2013
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
It’s hard to tell.

Only finished up to episode 2. It’s definitely interesting, but it hasn’t been one of those shows that wow you yet. But it’s not boring at the moment.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jabba5114

Premiership Player
Jan 23, 2014
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
I watched the first ep last night (for a 90 minute episode it didn't feel long), enjoyed it but not sure if it fully grabbed me though.

I'll give it another go.
Its good. Could of gone without seeing kne scene on the first ep though lol. Feels kind of Tarantinoish to me.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Boogers

Team Captain
Sep 12, 2013
Melbourne
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
I assume Gyton Grantley wears this stupid smirk again through the whole drama about Nicola Gobbo. It's this sort of overacting, cringeworthy rubbish that makes Australian tv look s**t and embarrassing.

I never saw Williams with this look on his face

imagev1db73b7d09cfd1535150d126f770f968d-zydes66nt3fjj5n0eq2_t1880.jpg

Last edited:
Watched 3 eps of Defending Jacob on Apple TV, was pretty solid.

Also on Apple TV, Mythic Quest. Starts off ok in the first ep then gets really good.

Feb 28, 2009
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Baltimore Ravens, Atletico
Watched 3 eps of Defending Jacob on Apple TV, was pretty solid.
I've watched the first 2 and I'd say its okay so far.

Certainly looks great, as all "movie star starring in a mini-series" shows do, but I'm finding it hard to care about Jacob or the dead kid's dad (who I assume is there to make us feel empathy for the victim). Doesn't help that the couple of reviews I've read didn't paint prettiest the picture of the series

I've watched the first 2 and I'd say its okay so far.

Certainly looks great, as all "movie star starring in a mini-series" shows do, but I'm finding it hard to care about Jacob or the dead kid's dad (who I assume is there to make us feel empathy for the victim). Doesn't help that the couple of reviews I've read didn't paint prettiest the picture of the series

Don't disagree. It's not groundbreaking, I'm more curious about what happens with the case rather than what happens with the characters. I think show is aiming to portray how a family would react to that event rather than the event itself though, but haven't completely pulled it off.

Here is a couple.

I have watched the first 3 episodes of Tales from the Loop and think it is okay.

Solar Opposites is from the creators of Rick & Morty.

I liked TFtL. Don’t know that they’d go another season though.

Back