FTA-TV Upcoming TV shows 2024 Discussion thread

Remove this Banner Ad

That looks pretty cool. Hopefully better than the book which I thought was average.

Fair enough, visual it looks stunning, tonally great too but that can fool in a trailer. Plus Jared Harris is a god, he has excellent taste.

Fair enough, visual it looks stunning, tonally great too but that can fool in a trailer. Plus Jared Harris is a god, he has excellent taste.
to be clear i'm probably in the minority regarding the book, it's in the scifi hall of fame. I just didn't think it was that great... good ideas, poor execution (which hopefully the tv show can remedy)

Has anyone watched Barkskins, on Nat Geo? 8 episodes, I streamed the lot. Saw no. 8 just now.
It must be going for a second season, left high and dry at the end nothing to worry about you'll know what I mean! But brilliant stuff. About The French in Canada in the 16 hundreds and the British Hudson Bay company, its ruthlessness and the show has the Wayendot Indians and a band of Iroqois.
It tells of new settlers and women brought over from France to marry land owners trappers whoever, and so on, its a historical or close, time piece and it is very good.
I hope to hell it has a second season? I would say it is partially historical , but I'm not sure , somewhat like Vikings. Best with history as they can do, professionally made , good quality.

Looks interesting, at the very least. Executive producers include Jordan Peele & JJ Abrams... Begins August-17 on Foxtelly:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Another that looks interesting... if done right. We can trust Ridley Scott with sci-fi, can't we?

Begins on Foxtelly Thursday September-3.

Raised by Wolves focuses on two androids tasked with raising human children on a mysterious virgin planet. As the burgeoning colony of humans threatens to be torn apart by religious differences, the androids learn that controlling the beliefs of humans is a treacherous and difficult task.

Another that looks interesting... if done right. We can trust Ridley Scott with sci-fi, can't we?

Begins on Foxtelly Thursday September-3.

Raised by Wolves focuses on two androids tasked with raising human children on a mysterious virgin planet. As the burgeoning colony of humans threatens to be torn apart by religious differences, the androids learn that controlling the beliefs of humans is a treacherous and difficult task.

Like all Scott's work it looks fantastic, so there's little to worry about there - the proof will be in the story telling. So with Aaron Guzikowski (Prisoners, The Red Road) as the creator, it more than likely to be an engrossing adventure.

Very much looking forward to this one, salivating almost;)

3aw's Ross Stevenson is adamant that they ripped the idea off him after he shopped it around to the tv stations a while ago
I think it was original supposed to piggyback on the Olympics. Once they fell over they had to rejig it. Anyway, it looks a shocker on the ads and guilt by association will cause viewers not to watch Preston and Mehigan not to mention Fiedel’s restaurant shutting after a month due to bad reviews a year or so ago

Remove this Banner Ad

Back