FTA-TV Upcoming TV shows

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I saw it last night.

The writing is good. But it failed wth the editing for me.

The victims social media accounts popped up on screen, which made it lose its dramatic edge.

The jury kept breaking the fourth wall. I would have preferred to hear what the jury were saying via Bull.

The characters were a mismatch, we have Bull, then there's a gay make up artist, young tech geek, authoriive female lead, and bill had a sad back story.

It felt like it ticked all the boxes it needed to run as a shoe but gave us nothing new.

I've also seen Son of Zorn, had here's what I thought:

I found the show quite funny. Thought the unrealistic animated father with a fastisical back story really got to me.

The show could actually work if the father was just from a different country.

Also, a show like this would involve some hefty costs with editing and production, so I don't see it having a viable future

I'm still to watch a s**t load of other pilots, and will get back to this thread as I know them off, one by one.

Anyone watch Bull,the new series starring Michael Weatherly from NCIS ?
I wasn't that impressed with the pilot.
Actually, I didn't mind it, passed the time and will persevere for a couple more.

The one I was disappointed in was Designated Survivor with Keifer Sutherland. IMDB gives it an 8.4?
Same old and pretty predictable.

Have also watched Lethal Weapon, which I really liked and The Good Place, a comedy that had a few laughs.
Will probably continue to watch all again even DS which was the one I least enjoyed.

Last edited:

Anyone watch Bull,the new series starring Michael Weatherly from NCIS ?
I wasn't that impressed with the pilot.

Just watched it and didn't think it was too bad. I think it has potential but it will fail if they go with the typical 'case of the week' type thing.

I am going to watch The Exorcist at some stage over the weekend (Prob tomorrow night) I have unreasonably high hopes for it.
I will report back once I have had a look.

THIS IS US.

Was not expecting that twist. It was a nice twist though. A little sad.

I worry about the longevity of the show though, the results of the twist will result in two different storylines and I wonder how they'll connect.

From what I've read, it's the next 'Brothers and Sisters' / 'Parenthood'. And I can kinda see it, but it's also not.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

MACGYVER. Note that I've only seen like two eps of the original.

I liked it. The writing was good and funny. Still needs some work, but it's a keeper. Also, it took time to get used to Stokes in his new role, but it works.

And SPEECHLESS.

This would be my underrated show of the season so far. It's about a family with a disability child. I was afraid the show would centre around the disabled child, but it doesn't. Each other family member has their own stories and problems to deal with. Plus, I found it funny.

The one thing I'd fix is the mother. I can't stand her accent and she had way too many lines compared to the father.

LEATHAL WEAPON. Note, I haven't seen any of the movies.

I don't how authentic it is to the movies, so I won't comment of the storyline.

The writing is okay. Not the best. Sometimes the comedy is trying too hard. I worry about Wayans, and how well he can do drama.

But definitely going to keep watching it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back