Preview **UPDATE** Changes vs. Sydney - Saturday 11.45am WST

Remove this Banner Ad

The 22 we named yesterday is far too tall.

Surprsied that Jetta was dropped, especially with the number of non-performers in the middle thus far in 2020.

This is the second season of Allen pinch-hitting in the ruck, and expecting a different outcome from his tomorrow is the definition of stupidity.
I hate being "that guy" but this weeks team is shorter.

hickey is 2.01
allen is 1.91

schoey is 2.0
gov is 1.9

I hate being "that guy" but this weeks team is shorter.

hickey is 2.01
allen is 1.91

schoey is 2.0
gov is 1.9

Difference between Schoey and Gov is negligible, but Allen and Waterman for Hickey and Brander makes us shorter

I want to see the half backs and mids take some more risk this week and force the ball into the corridor. Glad Gov's back. He's about the only player we've got with the balls to play on and poke a kick into the center square. Shep, Bung, Barrass & Duggan mainly go sideways, backwards or the good old long hack up the wing, usually to an undersized CHF in Darling. Allen (or Naitanui if our coaches were smart enough to rest him forward) should be the target for those kicks now with his extra length.

And last time we played Sydney I recall us kicking it to Aliir Aliir like he was wearing blue and gold. Really can’t afford to be doing that this week

He’s going to be man of the match tomorrow and it’s not going to be close. Played an absolute howler last week too.

I don’t believe we “play players into form”. Every fanbase thinks that of their team, because the bad examples stick in your mind and you ignore all the time players do nothing against you. Same as “why do we always concede late goals”. You don’t, you just remember all the times that you do and ignore the others. They’re two of the most consistent confirmation biases in sport.

However, this week, score one for the we play blokes into form crowd because my goodness are we going to play Aliir into form.

He’s going to be man of the match tomorrow and it’s not going to be close. Played an absolute howler last week too.

I don’t believe we “play players into form”. Every fanbase thinks that of their team, because the bad examples stick in your mind and you ignore all the time players do nothing against you. Same as “why do we always concede late goals”. You don’t, you just remember all the times that you do and ignore the others. They’re two of the most consistent confirmation biases in sport.

However, this week, score one for the we play blokes into form crowd because my goodness are we going to play Aliir into form.

If we were arrogant, we would get Nic to put his knees straight through Aliir's ribs when he goes into the ruck and thus eliminate the problem that you have presented. ;)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I reckon we'll have a better chance at beating the Tigers since we match up better against them. We don't match up well against the Swans for some reason and that concerns me since we haven't beaten them in a while and they can beat us anywhere.

I reckon we'll have a better chance at beating the Tigers since we match up better against them. We don't match up well against the Swans for some reason and that concerns me since we haven't beaten them in a while and they can beat us anywhere.
Half of the Swans are injured.

No excuses.

I am a fan of Watermans, but he can't go to the wing

The problem is the guy just doesn't have the tank

He experiences quite bad asthma doesn't he? From memory, he is always breathing extremely hard and goes for the puffer at the interchange bench.

He's more effective at half forward

I am a fan of Watermans, but he can't go to the wing

The problem is the guy just doesn't have the tank

He experiences quite bad asthma doesn't he? From memory, he is always breathing extremely hard and goes for the puffer at the interchange bench.

He's more effective at half forward
Can he be worse than Brander on the wing?

Can he be worse than Brander on the wing?

He would certainly be better in bursts, for sure.

Could he sustain it for 4 quarters? Maybe

That's not a knock on Jake, I struggle badly with asthma myself so I can only imagine how hard it must be for him to try and run out a game at this level

He would certainly be better in bursts, for sure.

Could he sustain it for 4 quarters? Maybe

That's not a knock on Jake, I struggle badly with asthma myself so I can only imagine how hard it must be for him to try and run out a game at this level
I could be wrong but wasn't he initially playing on a wing (or at least a very high half forward role) when he came into the side?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back