News Update: Charles Cameron traded to Brisbane for Pick 12

Remove this Banner Ad

I don't know what our trade plans are, so it's possible that we give up 12 if there's other aspects to the deal. But in terms of a straight 12 for Cameron swap, I'd be 100% confident in saying it won't happen. Not claiming any inside word, just can't see it happening at all.

Wrong ;)

Really enjoyed watching Cameron come on for us as a player, not many guys come into the league and perform like he did right away (the Collingwood debut steal and dupe and run still a favorite memory). Hope he continues to make highlight plays and be a good reason for Brisbane fans to come to games. Rated him and would have liked to keep despite the inconsistency.

I'm going to go on record here - Cameron will be an absolute bust at Brisbane.

The x-factor, in and out of games type of player Cameron is, will do well in a strong team with good structure. They don't do well in weaker teams.

Whether our draft pick turns out good or not, you just don't give up pick 12 for a player like Cameron at their stage of development.

Stupid error by Brisbane.
Is it my imagination or does he usually play well in the Qld/NT warmth and sunshine?

I don’t really understand why Brisbane would give up pick 12 for him when he’s uncontracted next year and the PSD is probably a legitimate threat next year.

Same goes for Weller. Why give up pick 2 for him when he’s got a year to run.

Like I know that clubs want to maintain good relationships while negotiating for future deals, butI just don’t understand....

Brisbane and GC got absolutely reamed!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don’t really understand why Brisbane would give up pick 12 for him when he’s uncontracted next year and the PSD is probably a legitimate threat next year.

Same goes for Weller. Why give up pick 2 for him when he’s got a year to run.

Like I know that clubs want to maintain good relationships while negotiating for future deals, butI just don’t understand....

Brisbane and GC got absolutely reamed!

It's a bit like us with Gibbs really. When you've been repeatedly reamed with "go-homes" sending out the message to your own go-homes that you're prepared to get the deal done is good medium to long-term strategy.

Turn back time and I'd say it again...y'know, hence me coming in here and saying I felt we massively overpaid.
Honestly it's a bit sad you went looking for that post/bumped it, but to each his own.
Enjoy pick 12.

Couldn't resist.

I was right and you were wrong.

As long as he finds decent consistency with you guys, you will be glad to have him and you'll forget about the pick 12.
When he's on, he hurts teams.
I'm quite happy to have Cameron in our team. At the end of the day he cost what he cost. I think we overpaid, but the club rated Cameron > 12 so they did the deal. No skin off my nose and I'm looking forward to watching him play.

It was right on the last page of the thread, couldn't resist.

I was right and you were wrong.
Wow man, congratulations.

Honestly I'll never understand people like you/macca23. I made a comment here about Gibbs' worth (I think something like "I'd give 16 + 18 for Gibbs + change in your position") and was told by numerous Crows fans that he was only worth one of those picks, if that. In the end, you paid the equivalent of about pick 7 for him. So those people were off in their estimation of his value...but what would I gain by searching through a stream of posts to find the comments just to remind them of that? Different strokes for different folks I guess, but to me it comes off as a bit sad.

Wow man, congratulations.

Honestly I'll never understand people like you/macca23. I made a comment here about Gibbs' worth (I think something like "I'd give 16 + 18 for Gibbs + change in your position") and was told by numerous Crows fans that he was only worth one of those picks, if that. In the end, you paid the equivalent of about pick 7 for him. So those people were off in their estimation of his value...but what would I gain by searching through a stream of posts to find the comments just to remind them of that? Different strokes for different folks I guess, but to me it comes off as a bit sad.

It's funny.

You being clearly annoyed pleases me and I'm rubbing your face in it for my general amusement.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back