News Update: Confirmed - Victoria v Allstars, February 28th, Marvel Stadium, broadcast on 7 & Fox

Remove this Banner Ad

Official game day thread for the Vic v All-Stars match:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If the Allstars can field a side that can compete with the Vics then we have a match. But let's face, most the good football talent comes from Victoria. Victoria is just a football talent factory. No other states compete. They just make up numbers with a good player here and there.

From SEN

Dal Santo's All Star team:

FB:
Rory Laird, Harris Andrews, Dane Rampe
HB: Lewis Jetta, Jeremy McGovern, Shannon Hurn
C: Brad Hill, Patrick Cripps, Tim Kelly
HF: Elliot Yeo, Jack Riewoldt, Josh Kennedy
FF: Michael Walters, Ben Brown, Charlie Cameron
Fol: Brodie Grundy, Nathan Fyfe, Stephen Coniglio
I/C: Isaac Heeney, Shane Edwards, Lachie Neale, Alex Sexton

Heverin’s Victorian team:

FB:
Tom Stewart, Daniel Talia, Jake Lloyd
HB: Lachie Whitfield, Dylan Grimes, Bachar Houli
C: Andrew Gaff, Marcus Bontempelli, Josh Kelly
HF: Jack Gunston, Jeremy Cameron, Robbie Gray
FF: Jordan de Goey, Tom Lynch, Toby Greene
Fol: Max Gawn, Dustin Martin, Patrick Dangerfield
I/C: Scott Pendlebury, Nick Haynes, Jack Macrae, Adam Treloar

Fairly safe to say the All Stars will be able to compete.

If the Allstars can field a side that can compete with the Vics then we have a match. But let's face, most the good football talent comes from Victoria. Victoria is just a football talent factory. No other states compete. They just make up numbers with a good player here and there.

Imagine having a head this far up someone's ass.

Something like this is probably the best solution if SOO was to return. 6 states, sorry NT, unless you split up Vic Country and Metro. Then have teams promoted and relegated from games 1, 2, 3 each year as below. You get an "Origin" weekend, Friday/Saturday nights and Sunday.

Example of how it would work

View attachment 804135
The winners of 'game 1' each year to be crowned Australian champions.

From SEN

FB:

FB:

Minor issue but I counted way more than 3 WCE players in the All Star team. Or is this just a hypothetical with no limits?

Minor issue but I counted way more than 3 WCE players in the All Star team. Or is this just a hypothetical with no limits?
Gil said a minimum of three nominated players from each team so I took that as each club has to put up 3 players but more can be picked if more are nominated. Richmond has two in the All Stars and 4 in the Vic side

Gil said a minimum of three nominated players from each team so I took that as each club has to put up 3 players but more can be picked if more are nominated. Richmond has two in the All Stars and 4 in the Vic side

2 x 22 = 44 so naturally some sides won't make the 3, hopefully each club has a representative. I guess we'll find out more details as the date approaches.

The AFL articles says:
"There will be a maximum of three players per AFL club eligible to take part in the match to ensure minimal disruption to club's pre-season plans just 20 days before round one. "

Code:
Adelaide         - Rory Laird, Daniel Talia
Brisbane         - Harris Andrews, Charlie Cameron, Lachie Neale
Carlton          - Patrick Cripps
Collingwood      - Brodie Grundy, Jordan de Goey, Scott Pendlebury, Adam Treloar
Fremantle        - Michael Walters, Nathan Fyfe
Geelong          - Tom Stewart, Patrick Dangerfield
Gold Coast       - Alex Sexton
GWS              - Stephen Coniglio, Lachie Whitfield, Josh Kelly, Jeremy Cameron, Toby Greene, Nick Haynes
Hawthorn         - Jack Gunston
Melbourne        - Max Gawn
North Melbourne  - Ben Brown
Richmond         - Jack Riewoldt, Shane Edwards, Dylan Grimes, Bachar Houli, Tom Lynch, Dustin Martin
St Kilda         - Brad Hill
Port Adelaide    - Robbie Gray
Sydney           - Dane Rampe, Josh Kennedy, Isaac Heeney, Jake Lloyd
West Coast       - Lewis Jetta, Jeremy McGovern, Shannon Hurn, Tim Kelly, Elliot Yeo, Andrew Gaff
Western Bulldogs - Marcus Bontempelli, Jack Macrae

Collingwood (4), GWS (6), Richmond (6), Sydney (4) and West Coast (6) all over-represented.

From the Eagles I can see Gaff and Shuey being in contention for the vic team with Duggan an outside chance.
For the allies you would have Darling,Kennedy,Cripps,Ryan,Kelly,Yeo,Sheed,Sheppard,Hurn. and McGovern might be fit and keen to go.

So it would three available players from that group.
I like the idea of having both sides represented from the one club given it will be an exabition game for charity.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The AFL articles says:
"There will be a maximum of three players per AFL club eligible to take part in the match to ensure minimal disruption to club's pre-season plans just 20 days before round one. "

Code:
Adelaide         - Rory Laird, Daniel Talia
Brisbane         - Harris Andrews, Charlie Cameron, Lachie Neale
Carlton          - Patrick Cripps
Collingwood      - Brodie Grundy, Jordan de Goey, Scott Pendlebury, Adam Treloar
Fremantle        - Michael Walters, Nathan Fyfe
Geelong          - Tom Stewart, Patrick Dangerfield
Gold Coast       - Alex Sexton
GWS              - Stephen Coniglio, Lachie Whitfield, Josh Kelly, Jeremy Cameron, Toby Greene, Nick Haynes
Hawthorn         - Jack Gunston
Melbourne        - Max Gawn
North Melbourne  - Ben Brown
Richmond         - Jack Riewoldt, Shane Edwards, Dylan Grimes, Bachar Houli, Tom Lynch, Dustin Martin
St Kilda         - Brad Hill
Port Adelaide    - Robbie Gray
Sydney           - Dane Rampe, Josh Kennedy, Isaac Heeney, Jake Lloyd
West Coast       - Lewis Jetta, Jeremy McGovern, Shannon Hurn, Tim Kelly, Elliot Yeo, Andrew Gaff
Western Bulldogs - Marcus Bontempelli, Jack Macrae

Collingwood (4), GWS (6), Richmond (6), Sydney (4) and West Coast (6) all over-represented.

Something is getting missed in translation. Either the AFL CEO is incorrect when he said "Each club will provide a minimum of three players to choose from" or Mitch Cleary is wrong with the story he posted prior to the official announcement (He was also on SEN stating the maximum of 3 players prior to the official press conference).

At the moment I'm siding with the CEO rather than the journalist.

From SEN

FB:

FB:

Jeez now I know what it feels like to support GC... Not a single Essendon player in these teams lol

From the Eagles I can see Gaff and Shuey being in contention for the vic team with Duggan an outside chance.
For the allies you would have Darling,Kennedy,Cripps,Ryan,Kelly,Yeo,Sheed,Sheppard,Hurn. and McGovern might be fit and keen to go.

So it would three available players from that group.
I like the idea of having both sides represented from the one club given it will be an exabition game for charity.

I assume the Victorian team that would get first pick so Shuey & Gaff leaving one WCE (max) to play for the State of All-Stars.

I know, how can we compete with the talent in vic all non vic clubs should get cola to help with the distribution of talent.

From SEN

FB:

FB:

Cameron V Grimes should be good

Something is getting missed in translation. Either the AFL CEO is incorrect when he said "Each club will provide a minimum of three players to choose from" or Mitch Cleary is wrong with the story he posted prior to the official announcement (He was also on SEN stating the maximum of 3 players prior to the official press conference).

At the moment I'm siding with the CEO rather than the journalist.

Each club provides a minimum of three players to choose from. A maximum of three players per club to be selected.Its pretty simple.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back