News Update: Confirmed - Victoria v Allstars, February 28th, Marvel Stadium, broadcast on 7 & Fox

Remove this Banner Ad

Official game day thread for the Vic v All-Stars match:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I am looking forward to the footy season and while I know this is for charity etc I just will not watch things like this until the AFL do them the correct way. It's an all star game and no side should be anywhere near a state jumper for this.
It will also be very bruise free footy.
Look it's not something I have any interest in, VIC V WA then I would be all in. But not this. They will get a full house and raise good funds and thats what they are trying to achieve here so thats a good thing.
Fair enough. Not saying you are one of these people but so many people with these stances end up watching and commenting on the night because they are curious or as the night comes realise they don't have much on.

I'm not watching it expecting it to be finals intensity, but watching to give a bit of a taste of footy again and curiosity on how this plays out and the manner it's played in or the skills on display. It's also a good excuse to gather mates round again for a few drinks and talk footy. I won't refuse to watch a charity match out of some vendetta against the fact they are using a state of origin concept, but each to their own.

Here's another white knight to the rescue. On a football forum, people are allowed to judge the format of the game to be played. Doesn't mean they are terrible people and don't care about the lives of the people effected. They would just prefer see their state represented, that's all. Doesn't take away from the cause or the money it will create.

I suspect that if it were WA v the all stars, you'd have some words to say. But you are probably a better person than us, right?

Get a grip.
Why would I give a s**t if it was WA vs the Allstars 😂 it's a charity game for the billionth time.

It's bloody hilarious how offended the other states are about this. Inferiority complex hitting hard.

WA and SA seemed like big fans of combining states to make for a more competitive match until it affected them

To be fair I can see a WA team pushing Victoria all the way.

I think most AFL fans would prefer to see a proper carnival with their own sides competing.

The 2008 teams seem far better than these. Noted pendlebury is in both.

Although the Geelong players numbered up to 10. I'm sure better players then Mooney and Stokes could have been found

To be fair I can see a WA team pushing Victoria all the way.

I think most AFL fans would prefer to see a proper carnival with their own sides competing.
Not when they have to initially put restrictions like only 3 from each side.
The 2008 teams seem far better than these. Noted pendlebury is in both.

Although the Geelong players numbered up to 10. I'm sure better players then Mooney and Stokes could have been found
The winning ruck was Troy Simmonds and Josh Fraser. There was some mediocrity hidden in those 08 sides as well.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

can someone post the teams, please?
on site it only comes up as a video & I am unable to watch it at the moment.

can someone post the teams, please?
on site it only comes up as a video & I am unable to watch it at the moment.
Victoria:
James Sicily, Mark Blicavs, Adam Saad, Bachar Houli, Darcy Moore, Nick Haynes, Josh Kelly, Dustin Martin, Lachie Whitfield, Shaun Higgins, Jeremy Cameron, Robbie Gray, Patrick Dangerfield, Tom Lynch, Toby Greene, Todd Goldstein, Marcus Bontempelli, Trent Cotchin, Rory Sloane, Jackson Macrae, Jake Lloyd, Tom Papley, Jade Gresham, Scott Pendlebury, Steele Sidebottom, Ben Cunnington, Stefan Martin.
All Stars:
Brad Sheppard, Harris Andrews, Rory Laird, Jason Johannisen, Jeremy Howe, Brodie Smith, Isaac Smith, Nat Fyfe, Bradley Hill, Shane Edwards, Jack Riewoldt, Luke Breust, Charlie Cameron, Tom Hawkins, Michael Walters, Brodie Grundy, Elliot Yeo, Dayne Zorko, Patrick Cripps, Neville Jetta, Callum Mills, Stephen Coniglio, Zach Tuohy, Lachie Weller, Lachie Neale, Taylor Walker, Scott Lycett.

Tuohy probably the strangest inclusion. Token international. Weller also seems like a token GC pick and Walker shouldn't have been anywhere near the squads.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back