News Update: Confirmed - Victoria v Allstars, February 28th, Marvel Stadium, broadcast on 7 & Fox

Remove this Banner Ad

Official game day thread for the Vic v All-Stars match:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The vast majority of our list is under 24 years old. How many players picked for this match in general are under 24? Walsh, Dow, Setterfield, Stocker, Curnow, McKay, Cuningham, Weitering, JSOS...just to name a few who in 2-3 years would be pushing for selection
Not to derail the thread, but Walsh and Curnow are the only two players on that list that are on the trajectory to be even near consideration for Victorian selection in 2-3 years.

Not to derail the thread, but Walsh and Curnow are the only two players on that list that are on the trajectory to be even near consideration for Victorian selection in 2-3 years.

don't say that, the Blues posters will go nuts at you, don't you understand that 3/4 of their list will be stars/elite in a couple of years
AA, Brownlow's, premierships by the truckload, you can bookmark it right here ;)
anyways i can see this game going down to the wire, Vics by less than a goal, the AFL has already put the match fix in, no way will it blow out

don't say that, the Blues posters will go nuts at you, don't you understand that 3/4 of their list will be stars/elite in a couple of years
AA, Brownlow's, premierships by the truckload, you can bookmark it right here ;)
anyways i can see this game going down to the wire, Vics by less than a goal, the AFL has already put the match fix in, no way will it blow out

A couple of years?

Blasphemy!

Carton fans have made it clear that it wont be that long!

I'll keep it simple. Cotchin would not be in the top ten midfielders hailing from Victoria right now. Not even close. He has been picked by Hardwick out of nothing but favoritism. I'd bloody love to see more diversity of players from different clubs being represented especially when the likes of Cotchin...aka a bog average C+ mid these days are picked. Heck I even rate Prestia on another level to golden boy Cotch.
Go back and watch our finals again, see if you reckon cotchin is a C+ mid then

(Log in to remove this ad.)

On last years form, Shep >>>>>>> Hurn.

Please ignore the AA selectors, Hurn was selected by name, not form.

As for this game, do you really think the players will give 100% for all the game ?. It will just be a display game.

Probably not, but i wont know, i wont be watching it. Be a borefest i reckon.

It never ceases to amaze me how overrated Cotchin is.
Wow what the actual fu#k? You clearly have no bloody idea about the game.
Should I state his list of achievements for you?
Carlton have had more number ones than Michael Jackson & the Beatles combined the last 25 years but it continues to amaze me how they're still putrid at best & remain irrelevant!

Last edited:
why would he bother?

SA aren't playing. It's just hybrid crap that no one in SA or WA cares about nor supports. They have no jumper, or state to play for.

It's a kick and giggle for a good cause. No one expects every player to give 100% or for a hard tag or defensive football. The only beef I have with it is that it's not true State of Origin but it's such a minor quibble because the AFL clearly wants every player from every State to help raise more money.

In the end it's fundraising for a really good cause so I find it odd some are proudly announcing in this thread that they aren't watching it. Well done for the boycott, do you want a medal for it?

Because i disagree

Sheppard made the AA squad last season and should have been in the final 22. But with both Hurn and McGovern already in the backline that wasn't going to happen no matter how good his year was.

By no means is Sheppard 'lucky' to be in the side. If he played for a Melbourne team he'd be an AA already.

You don't agree. That's fine.

Name a couple of small to medium defenders who should be picked ahead of him.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back