News Update: Confirmed - Victoria v Allstars, February 28th, Marvel Stadium, broadcast on 7 & Fox

Official game day thread for the Vic v All-Stars match:

Topkent

Confirmed ITK Drafting King
Aug 29, 2010
Canada
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Winnipeg Jets
Only hardcore bogans still think that state vs state is an actual thing. Younger people (who drink/eat more than beer and sausages) these days actually enjoy travelling around the country and meeting new people. It’s 2020, just donate the money and move on. Dangerfield will be super-excited for the game.
Well while most of the country enjoys watching the charity game you can take your vegan smoothie down to your mum's basement and enjoy re runs of the Batchelor on your own

Topkent

Confirmed ITK Drafting King
Aug 29, 2010
Canada
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Winnipeg Jets
Probably not for another month.
Would be stupid to release them early because it just leaves longer when players could get injured training and will have to pull out. Which means a bunch of people sooking on big footy about people pulling out.

May 11, 2015
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Ipswich Town FC, Leeds Rhinos
Gawn tapping to Martin, Danger & Bont. mmmmmm

If it's centre square your talking (because you said tapping) then I'll see your 'mmmmmm' and raise you with: NicNat tapping to Fyfe, Mitchell, Cripps and (T) Kelly (and that's just WA)

If we must go 'All Stars' then add Grundy and Neale...with Cogs and Hill on the outside.

Victoria are not winning the midfield battle in 2020...but with Rance retired and Gov injured you now have the better defence.

If it's centre square your talking (because you said tapping) then I'll see your 'mmmmmm' and raise you with: NicNat tapping to Fyfe, Mitchell, Cripps and (T) Kelly (and that's just WA)

If we must go 'All Stars' then add Grundy and Neale...with Cogs and Hill on the outside.

Victoria are not winning the midfield battle in 2020...but with Rance retired and Gov injured you now have the better defence.
Who's rucking the other 50% game time?

Don't understand the pissing contest over this. The players won't be going hard at it and the intensity will be lower than pre-school nap time. They will put on a show for a good cause but there won't be any tagging or bone crunching tackles or bumps.

Sonny Bonds

Cancelled
Jul 21, 2019
Lytton
AFL Club
Melbourne
I'll watch it but I won't be donating a dollar
You do that. It's your choice.

My preference is to donate as much as we can. Why not donate at least $5?

I like helping fellow Aussie's who are hurting. I have Australian neighbours 1000's of kilometers away. They don't live near me and I don't know them, but I love and want to help them.

Aug 25, 2005
Grogansville
AFL Club
Gold Coast
No one wants injuries.

I don't really understand this.

Players have a pre-season every year where injuries can, and do occur.

They play pre-season intra-club games where injuries can, and do occur.

They play pre-season games where injuries can, and do occur.

Any player that doesn't play in this so-called SOO game will be doing one of the above anyway. Players that do play, will skip one of the above.

I can't see how replacing either a intr-club praccy or a pre-season game with this SOO would make any difference to anyone's chances of getting hurt.

Aug 25, 2005
Grogansville
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Surely it should just be East vs. West?

WA, SA and NT versus Vic, Q'land, NSW and Tassie.
Or North vs. South - Vic, S.A., Tassie versus WA, NT, NSW nd Q'land.

Let's be honest, the day the All Stars were introduced, was the day State of Origin died forever.

If you're not going to genuinely do SoO, then can the Big V nonsense and just do a genuine 'best of the best' game.

May 23, 2010
Chalong 83130
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Perth (Demons)
NN tapping out of the centre to arguably the most potent midfield ever assembled with Fyfe, Neal, Cripps, Kelly, Mitchell ect..., Grundy around the ground doing the same, Gawn hands down absolutely owned.

crows dude

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 20, 2005
adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Norwood
Picking squads is tough with the only 3 players from each team allowed to participate

AdelaideBrisbaneCarltonCollingwoodEssFreo
B CrouchVicL NealeAll StarsP CrippsAll StarsB GrundyAll StarsJ DaniherVicN FyfeAll Stars
R LairdAll StarsD ZorkoAll StarsM MurphyVicJ DegoeyVicO FantasiaAll StarsS HillAll Stars
B SmithAll StarsC CameronAll StarsS WalshVicS PendelburyVicM HurleyVicR LobbAll Stars
GeelongGold CoastGWSHawksMelNorth
P DangerfieldVicZac SmithAll StarsP DavisAll StarsT MitchellAll StarsJ LeverVicB CunningtonVic
J SelwoodVicSam DayAll StartsJ CameronVicL breustAll StarsM gawnVicB BrownAll Stars
T HawkinsVicJ LukosiusAll StarsH himmelbergAll StarsJ OmearaAll StarsJ VineyAll StarsT GoldsteinVic
PortRichmondSt KildaSydneyWest CoastBulldogs
R GrayVicD MartinVicL dunstanAll StarsI HeeneyAll StarsN NatanuiAll StarsM BontempelliVic
T BoakVicT CotchinVicB HillAll StarsJ kennedyVicJ kennedyVicM SucklingAll Stars
C RozeeAll StarsT LynchVicJ GearyVicL franklinAll StarsS HurnAll StarsJ bruceAll Stars

1579052397860.png

dylan93

Club Legend
Mar 16, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne
Picking squads is tough with the only 3 players from each team allowed to participate

B CrouchVicL NealeAll StarsP CrippsAll StarsB GrundyAll StarsJ DaniherVicN FyfeAll Stars
R LairdAll StarsD ZorkoAll StarsM MurphyVicJ DegoeyVicO FantasiaAll StarsS HillAll Stars
B SmithAll StarsC CameronAll StarsS WalshVicS PendelburyVicM HurleyVicR LobbAll Stars
P DangerfieldVicZac SmithAll StarsP DavisAll StarsT MitchellAll StarsJ LeverVicB CunningtonVic
J SelwoodVicSam DayAll StartsJ CameronVicL breustAll StarsM gawnVicB BrownAll Stars
T HawkinsVicJ LukosiusAll StarsH himmelbergAll StarsJ OmearaAll StarsJ VineyAll StarsT GoldsteinVic
R GrayVicD MartinVicL dunstanAll StarsI HeeneyAll StarsN NatanuiAll StarsM BontempelliVic
C RozeeAll StarsT LynchVicJ GearyVicL franklinAll StarsS HurnAll StarsJ bruceAll Stars

View attachment 806027

Viney in All Stars? :think:

Dec 2, 2014
AFL Club
Essendon
I don't really understand this.

Players have a pre-season every year where injuries can, and do occur.

They play pre-season intra-club games where injuries can, and do occur.

They play pre-season games where injuries can, and do occur.

Any player that doesn't play in this so-called SOO game will be doing one of the above anyway. Players that do play, will skip one of the above.

I can't see how replacing either a intr-club praccy or a pre-season game with this SOO would make any difference to anyone's chances of getting hurt.

If there was a SOO game last year maybe Tom Mitchell never breaks his leg during pre season. People need to stop living in fear.

Pessimistic

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts HBF's Milk Crate - 70k Posts TheBrownDog
Sep 13, 2000
Melbourne cricket ground. Australia
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Horks
Hawks play saints on same day. besides youre not getting ny of our players whom we keep being told 'will break down anyday"

Heres another thought. if buddy could play - gets career ending injury - AFL write off the swans exposure in the salary cap "its only fair'

Players on ambassadorial payments should be forced to play

May 23, 2010
Chalong 83130
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Perth (Demons)

View attachment 806027
Strange AS team you've selected

Back