update, Dank wants to clear players, details OP

Remove this Banner Ad

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Dank could never help the case - To think otherwise is delusional - Dank was an employee of EFC and all records are the property of the club - He could have been interviewed by ASADA and said what every other person stated but ASADA would still take his evidence with a pinch of salt - Dank is irrelevant to the discussion - Anyway hopes he makes a truckload of money like many others.

Seriously, it takes a long time to forge invoices, pay off suppliers to forge their records to match your forged ones and pay off intermediaries to support your fabrication of events. A long time and a lot of money. No wonder the guy is bankrupt now……

This is the only way he can "prove" he is correct. He had the opportunity for the last 3 years to just show any evidence to get the players off. On the Essendon BF board some are still saying he didn't come out before because he would incriminate himself. Well how do you do that if all you have ever done is given players permitted substances? What sort of criminal activity would that uncover? Those guys saying that are very deluded. Clinging onto any shred of hope. Ah well….

What Dank stated at any ASADA hearing is irrelevant - As far as ASADA is concerned only lies come out of Dank's mouth - You are like many believing Dank has the magic elixir.

Think Paragrpah 32 pretty much sums it up, EFC raised concerns in Sept 2012 over its own program with the AFL and ASADA. Would not be surpised if this than got swept into the ACC report. Once the report was finalized, ASADA than started an offical Investigation. The timing fits as to when Robinson was striped of duties, Dank going.

What is up in the air is what caused EFC to go public...thus forcing ASADA to go public.

This would also be a nice cover your arse excuse for Vlad and the AFL, he could use the sept 2012 to show that ASADA already knew and he did not tip anyone off with privileged info, just reminding EFC what they already did...

I doubt there be a major typo like that in that section, most likely that section would have been cut and pasted from an agreed timeline of major happenings...

This fits into the media wanting to report into discrepancies in Essendon's supplement program in the last quarter of 2012.

Not fit for even animal consumption! Doesn't say footballers though. Also not made in Mexico!
Is it Mexico or New Mexico... which is the "good" one?

You know, like the good and bad 'Thymo'.

I'm an investigator - well, was before moving to a policy area. Investigating after time is a pain in the arse and doesn't yield such clear stories. Worse still, the more time that lapses the more time those witnesses who give their account voluntarily have to reflect on instead not making a statement for all manner of reasons (some of them minuscule and generally lacking in civic duty then for any good reason) so that aspect of the investigation was pigs arse.

I have a feeling that ASADA may have been caught flat footed because they assumed more of a "gotcha" in terms of evidence from the ACC project, that would expose clubs in cheating and provoke confessions. Their operations prior to this don't really appear to involve full AGIS investigations - more a positive sample / or positive evidence of a drug being ordered by an athlete before being picked up at customs, statement from suspect and kaboom. WADA code sort of permits that approach; being as once use (like a sample) is proven, the prosecution have satisfied the elements of the offence.

I think one of the reasons this looks appalling in hindsight is that, to my knowledge, so far the only aspects of Project Apario to have been realised are the lesser 'integrity in sport' matters eventually investigated by ASADA - which were not the foremost object of the exercise. The bikies, the trafficking, the infiltration of sport betting by criminal networks etc hasn't been picked up and run with. Of course this may happen yet, but I'm starting to think not.

Excellent post - It's interesting that EFC co-opted Ken lay onto the board - He would have a treasure trove of information about Project Aperto.

Partially concede your point.
But that's also perhaps why WADA were always going to come over the top, especially after AFL appointed the Barry Hall judge. He seems to see things to their comfortable satisfaction.
Another thing I don't understand is why EFC inc people so vicious towards AFL when from most other perspectives they have worked to mitigate the damage to EFC. .. Maybe it was ever since AD suggested Hird should stand aside and your golden boy made the club look like a Waco/wacko type batten down the hatches type of cult.... all for the players of course ... Lol

I'll ask you a question - Why have the four clubs denied top up's been whinging under gritted teeth that the AFL promised us 'No players will be suspended '.

Reckon you have your answer.

That's more likely to be the typo, read the rest of them they in chronological order.. That's the first one..next is Feb one is 2013 so out of place. Which I note is when they hired the investigator, can't self report after the investigation started....

Paragraph 32 says 2012, and that section is also in chronological order, and is in the correct location time wise.

Interesting that if this is true how WADA can deny a no fault discount - Seeing the club allegedly self reported in September 2012.

Interesting that if this is true how WADA can deny a no fault discount - Seeing the club allegedly self reported in September 2012.

The players decision not to outline what they had taken - time and time again - excludes the players from the no fault discount.

Excellent post - It's interesting that EFC co-opted Ken lay onto the board - He would have a treasure trove of information about Project Aperto.
That might be all well a good but does he know anything about the drugs in sport case Project Aperio?

That's a bit rich! I'm not even sure he got to use it at Melbourne. Only Trengove probably/possibly received it and he didn't play that year so he had no unfair advantage. So you can hardly call them cheats.

Wow - Jamar was one of Dank's patient at MFC - What happens if jamar is suspended ? Does EFC get another top up ?

That might be all well a good but does he know anything about the drugs in sport case Project Aperio?

Yes - He was the Commissioner of Vic Police at the time - You know the ACC is only an investigative body - Any further action is taken by State Police.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back