update, Dank wants to clear players, details OP

Remove this Banner Ad

And its strange how ASADA in their sentencing submission before the Anti-Doping Tribunal asked for players to be given a no fault discount - You reckon ASADA knew about the Doping Control Forms at this time - See if you can answer this question ? Why wasn't this issue raised by ASADA in the hearing of the AFL's Anti-Doping Tribunal ? Did ASADA collude with players and the AFL at the AFL's Anti-Doping Tribunal

See pages 1036-1037 of the AFL Tribunal Transcript.

You'll have to find for me where ASADA made a sentencing submission before the AFL Tribunal, as only the AFL did. ASADA said they would make their submission in the separate sentencing hearing, if the players were found guilty.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2016-02-09-10-14-31.png
    Screenshot_2016-02-09-10-14-31.png
    192.2 KB · Views: 3
Fair point about why ASADA never used it. Why not?
Another thing...inside industry knowledge and connivance may have been a major factor in EFC and Hird incs dirty and protracted legal and PR war, belief it could all be "negotiated" ... Which was ultimately futile and damaging to themselves and the whole games reputation
To be brutally honest you probably can't blame them for thinking that way given the actions of the Commission over the years to negotiate everything at every opportunity, from tribunal outcomes during finals to signing long-term contracts with the open expectation of being able to renegotiate them within a year. It's an ingrained AFL behaviour.

Largely agree with this, with the only reservation being that we don't know where the 'thymomodulin' Bates gave the Melbourne players came from. Dank was only advising Bates with Bates doing the actual administering. So did Bates source his own thymomodulin as recommended by Dank, or did Dank say, "I've got some right here you can give a whirl"?
Just on this. Possible but unlikely. Don't forget the dosages that would have been recommended by Dank would have been too low for REAL thymomodulin. You need to give it daily 10-20mg/day for 30 days. Nobody received that many injections. Most injections were in the region of 2mg (15mg is about 10 weeks worth) for TB4. So his "thymomodulin" was almost certainly TB4. Unless Bates did not even ask Dank for a dosing regime and sourced it totally himself, it is likely the ampoules he received from Dank labelled thymomodulin were really TB4 (probably with funny labels done by Dank himself).

Last edited:

Just on this. Possible but unlikely. Don't forget the dosages that would have been recommended by Dank would have been too low for REAL thymomodulin. You need to give it daily 10-20mg/day for 30 days. Nobody received that many injections. Most injections were in the region of 2mg (15mg is about 10 weeks worth) for TB4. So his "thymomodulin" was almost certainly TB4. Unless Bates did not even ask Dank for a dosing regime and sourced it totally himself, it is likely the ampoules he received from Dank labelled thymomodulin were really TB4 (probably with funny labels done by Dank himself).

Fair enough, and perhaps I'm being a bit of a denialist. My feeling has been that Dank was still just trying to get his foot in the door at Melbourne and having to direct everything through Bates who was actually checking that everything was legit. You're perhaps right though in that he may not have gone so far as to check the provinance of the 'thymomomdulin' that Dank was giving him, if that's how it happened. One can get into seriously deep s**t passing off drugs as one thing when they're actually another. That just seemed like a step too far, even for scumbag Dank.

See pages 1036-1037 of the AFL Tribunal Transcript.

You'll have to find for me where ASADA made a sentencing submission before the AFL Tribunal, as only the AFL did. ASADA said they would make their submission in the separate sentencing hearing, if the players were found guilty.
Really? That seems a funny way of doing things by ASADA?
Was this part of keeping their powder dry,? with the expectation WADA would come over the top? What was the problem with the ASADA case being made public?
And thanks for your contribution, Chris.

Last edited:
Then if the tribunal was coerced by the afl, they made a big boo boo then didn't they?
If they found the players guilty, then the players might be playing in 2016 hey?
Doesn't mean WADA would not have stepped in regardless though? Maybe not even less likely? Top brass were not happy.

Really? That seems a funny way of doing things by ASADA?
Was this part of keeping their powder dry,? with the expectation WADA would come over the top? What was the problem with the ASADA case being made public?
And thanks for your contribution, Chris.

The Tribunal panel had decided to have separate sentencing hearings if guilty, which they ended up having for Dank. Neither ASADA nor the Players made any submissions on fault because it wasn't the appropriate time to. The AFL did for some unknown reason but they weren't asked to.

The Tribunal panel had decided to have separate sentencing hearings if guilty, which they ended up having for Dank. Neither ASADA nor the Players made any submissions on fault because it wasn't the appropriate time to. The AFL did for some unknown reason but they weren't asked to.
Kinda like they already knew the outcome or something

Kinda like they already knew the outcome or something
Exactly what I was thinking.......

Edit: You just have to remind yourself of what the AFL's own doctor thought about what was happening (Zurich presentation) and I'm sure he wasn't the only one at AFL house that thought that way.

Fair enough, and perhaps I'm being a bit of a denialist. My feeling has been that Dank was still just trying to get his foot in the door at Melbourne and having to direct everything through Bates who was actually checking that everything was legit. You're perhaps right though in that he may not have gone so far as to check the provinance of the 'thymomomdulin' that Dank was giving him, if that's how it happened. One can get into seriously deep s**t passing off drugs as one thing when they're actually another. That just seemed like a step too far, even for scumbag Dank.
And the irony is that the Russian will be playing with us this year despite receiving 'treatment' from Dank in 2012.

And the irony is that the Russian will be playing with us this year despite receiving 'treatment' from Dank in 2012.
Wait, Jamar received treatment? I thought it was Dunn and Trengove?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back