Update Firmware on Thomson Blu-Ray/DVD Player

Remove this Banner Ad

I have the BDP-G23603B yesterday but Plugged it in today.

Problem I had was when I put a Big Hard-Drive(2TB) into the USB that it got Stuck in Loading and Find that Annoying.

So I was thinking update the Firmware will help fix the Problem but I googled it but can't find where to get the Firmware update from.

Where do I get it and will it Fix the Problem I am Having?

Oct 7, 2007
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
East Freo, Liverpool, Cardinals

Problem I had was when I put a Big Hard-Drive(2TB) into the USB that it got Stuck in Loading and Find that Annoying.

So I was thinking update the Firmware will help fix the Problem but I googled it but can't find where to get the Firmware update from.

The media players that I've used generally get updates across the net.

Can you attach this one to a home network or connect it to the Internet somehow? If so, it may 'phone home' and collect any updates without you needing to much except presss the yes button

dav3

Brownlow Medallist
May 1, 2009
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide

Can you attach this one to a home network or connect it to the Internet somehow? If so, it may 'phone home' and collect any updates without you needing to much except presss the yes button
I think you're expecting a little too much from something Target sells

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

DelishDelish

Bits And Bytes
Nov 19, 2018
AFL Club
Essendon

DelishDelish

Bits And Bytes
Nov 19, 2018
AFL Club
Essendon
Well...no updates to firmware on this model exist...Thomson
What you could try..is dont use the hard drive.. you see the processor cant keep up with what is sent thru the HDD ..the internal memory supplied ..usually just 1GB..@ speed to fast...
Try using a 32GB/64GB usb flash drive
that the trick..

dav3

Brownlow Medallist
May 1, 2009
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Well...no updates to firmware on this model exist...Thomson
What you could try..is dont use the hard drive.. you see the processor cant keep up with what is sent thru the HDD ..the internal memory supplied ..usually just 1GB..@ speed to fast...
Try using a 32GB/64GB usb flash drive
that the trick..

Or....... you know......... the device can't read 2TB+ drives because they're formatted with GPT instead of the older MBR.

DelishDelish

Bits And Bytes
Nov 19, 2018
AFL Club
Essendon
Or....... you know......... the device can't read 2TB+ drives because they're formatted with GPT instead of the older MBR.
The thing here is USB... Thompson is not a computer....
i was caught out buying cheap gear...
The only way is to purchase a pvr with built in HDD SDD...from gumtree...
Or i can come over and hack it together
and show you to use a 64GB usb flash drive and then save it on your external HDD drive connected to your PC.....
Go the Dons......
Worsfolds Hero...

Checked and there is no way to Connect to the Internet

Remove this Banner Ad

Back