Updated Club Song

Pick one

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

The West Coast Eagles took another significant step forward in its brand evolution by today releasing a re-worked version of the club song.

After launching a new logo and reverting back to traditional club colours in late 2017, moving into a new playing base at Optus Stadium in 2018 and then relocating to its new training and administration base at Mineral Resources Park last year, the revamped song is another key piece of the club’s identity.

what the fu**. Tell me that isn't it.

After five seconds I was like ok, this could be interesting. Then the vocals started. Good god.

I want old school horns and pot shots at wise men from the East.

After five seconds I was like ok, this could be interesting. Then the vocals started. Good god.

I want old school horns and pot shots at wise men from the East.

Yep. It needs to be dark, old, more like a chant. Look at the Giants' for example, they nailed it. This is like...unacceptably bad.

I should add though, I think it needs an entire overhaul, the current melody just isn't redeemable. But they don't seem willing to do that.

Don’t mind it, don’t love it. I like the nod to the original song in there, but it’s still pretty camp for my tastes.

I’m guessing the singer is the dude from Birds of Tokyo by the sounds of it.

Yep. It needs to be dark, old, more like a chant. Look at the Giants' for example, they nailed it. This is like...unacceptably bad.

The AFL world just fell in love with the old school GWS song and the club have gone ah ok, we know what you want....Gold Coast’s song but slower and with less horns.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I dunno this just seems like a good song to go with a promo for the year ahead and not a song to sing after a game.

Yep. Chuck it over some video package, sure.

The “born is pride” chant they added last year was a loud, fast, defiant war cry. This version of it sounds like it’s trying to take air time away from Ed Sheeran.

Can’t wait to hear it attempt to be sung before they just revert to the old rhythm.

Yep. Chuck it over some video package, sure.

The “born is pride” chant they added last year was a loud, fast, defiant war cry. This version of it sounds like it’s trying to take air time away from Ed Sheeran.

Can’t wait to hear it attempt to be sung before they just revert to the old rhythm.
I think the club wants to an Aria to the awards cabinet.

Back