Updated Club Song

Pick one

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

I dislike even seeing the thread about the song. 🤢 Please stop bumping it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ive only just paid attention to this new song and all I have to say is wtf were they thinking? Bad song, very bad. We need some mongrel and hostility not this soft as butter shite

The new song was written to be something you listen too rather than sing, which is what makes it unsuitable. It's pretty average, but so was the version it replaced. I'm sure I will fall in love with it once I hear it played after a big finals win.

Start from scratch with a Proper football song. Something with gusto and heaps of arrogance. Something we can belt out on a train leaving the stadium, In a pub, In the streets, At home and most importantly At the ground.

For all my love of eagle rock, it’s embarrassing that we play it after once through of our song post win. It means it sucks.

If they must keep this and the traditional chorus, Have this as a marketing song 🤢🤮

Love it. I've come to the opinion that we should revert to this version and stick with it.

Is it modern?
No. But show me which footy song is.

Are the lyrics still relevant?
Not exactly. But nor are Collingwood's "the premiership's a cakewalk" or North's "North Melbourne will be premiers in {insert year}", etc.

Is it part of our heritage?
Absolutely. It's our origin story.

Can you belt it out after a win.
Darn right you can.

Back