Updated Club Song

Pick one

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Hearing all these other club songs during this Footy Frenzy should remind us all that other club songs are elevator music at best. Whilst our new song is not only contemporary but catchy. With key elements of our history woven in.
I love it.
The players seem to love it too.
I hope that it grows on the haters as much as it has my son & I :)

On LYA-L29 using BigFooty.com mobile app

Finally someone speaking the truth

It's awesome

It’s absolutely embarrassing and needs to be replaced next season, with input from the fans in the decision making process.
Can you imagine the fan song though?

Just kick the ball - no not there!
Jetta just walks around and doesn’t care
Nelson is crap, playing instead of who?
Oh **** off umpire, time to boo

We’re the Eagles, the West Coast Eagles
And we’re here to sip Chardonnay
s**t me false teeth, fell under the seat
More kicks backward? I’m going gray!

Hearing all these other club songs during this Footy Frenzy should remind us all that other club songs are elevator music at best. Whilst our new song is not only contemporary but catchy. With key elements of our history woven in.
I love it.

Hi Trevor

I love it.

the only way that song is growing on me is like an unwanted mole.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Great to hear no one thinks this is a good rendition of the club song to belt out after a win.

Actually a good song... just is so flat to hear after a win.
Have to put my hand up here - I’ve been turning the telly off as soon as we win 😞

Yeah, Mick Malthouse. He said that he had talks with the club about it because he didn't like it, as a Victorian, and was worried about the impact it might have on players drafted from over east in terms of feeling welcome. The other host said he liked it as a song, but not as a footy club song. There was unanimous agreement about that.

And last but not least, the caller was advised to politely contact the club and make his feelings known, as they do actually listen to their fans as evidenced by the return to their traditional guernsey and colours which was driven by a fan-based movement. Shout-out to RTW !!

Back