Updated Club Song

Pick one

• Total voters
Sep 8, 2011
AFL Club
West Coast
I like the first bit with the percussion and the didgeridoo, it gets me kind of excited but the rest sucks.

It's stuck in no-mans land neither a show-tune like the rest of the songs nor a slow, singalong like a European football team.

When I first heard the first 5 seconds with the didgeridoo and the sticks I got so excited we had a new take on a footy song. A bit like Yothu Yindu doing a new footy song aka GWS. I could get behind a new song like this.

I’m bitterly disappointed every time I hear the song.

Rowan18

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 20, 2018
AFL Club
West Coast
Well I think we can all agree that Birds of Tokyo suck. How about this instead?

That has the same problem as the new version. Both are alright songs to listen to but are no good to chant after a big win. Could you imagine a crowd trying to sing this?

whatis

Club Legend
Jun 3, 2011
WA
AFL Club
West Coast
This was the real cause of all our problems. Started with the chant. Less words, less singing, more winning is what we need back. If members could complain loudly enough on their end-of-season survey to get the old song returned I'd consider this year a success. Half serious.

DickDunn

Premiership Player
Sep 8, 2011
AFL Club
West Coast
This was the real cause of all our problems. Started with the chant. Less words, less singing, more winning is what we need back. If members could complain loudly enough on their end-of-season survey to get the old song returned I'd consider this year a success. Half serious.

Thank god our last flag was before we changed the song. Imagine the adrenaline, the tension of the last few minutes of that game - and then this abomination of a song. Change it before our next flag plz

The missus laughs when I’m playing X Box and the Eagles song starts playing on Evo 2. I legit have to mute the TV and spam the buttons until I’m back at the main menu.

It’s so bad, and what fool at the club signed off on it?

Sep 3, 2005
Adelaide
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Baghdad Bombers
We did a great job getting our jumper back so how about getting our club song back to what it was, it might be a bit corny but its our song. This new version is a disgrace and embaressing.
What can we do about it?
Fold the club.

Sep 10, 2010
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Toronto Maple Leafs
What can we do about it?
The club is likely pretty chuffed they got a big Aussie band to record the team song, especially since Eskimo Joe have been sniffing around the Freo club song for the last decade.

So we need to provide overwhelming evidence that a big name artist doesn't necessarily make it a good club song. And that means getting numbers that actually care that the song is s**t.

For all I know we could be in the internet echo chamber, and the 'real' majority of Eagles fans don't actually give a s**t.

Ok Boomer

Cancelled
A Star Wars Fan Pokemon is Life
Jul 27, 2015
South West
AFL Club
West Coast
The song is just as bad as it was a year ago. It is completely deflating to listen to after a win.

I think that the song was hidden to a degree by COVID last year so I hope that we can get some of the casuals to kick up a stink about it in 2021. This song and the Ochre jumper deserve to live together in infamy.

Truckosaurus

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 19, 2009
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
The other rule for footy songs comes from the rule for a good national anthem: it has to be able to be sung by people who aren't good singers. This is why our anthem sucks, you have to be a professional to make a good fist of it.

Back