Updated Club Song

Pick one

• Total voters
Sep 10, 2010
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Toronto Maple Leafs
Bluey McKenna was from Victoria. I'm pretty sure some of the others in that team were too.
WTF?

Guy Lindsay McKenna was born in Perth and played for Carine JFC. Then Claremont. Then West Coast. Then he retired.

Sep 10, 2010
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Toronto Maple Leafs
Lol - must have got that mixed up. To be fair, I was 7 in 1992.
I mean if you really wanted to get into it Don Pyke is an American by birth, Paul Harding is English, and Ashley McIntosh just happened to be born in Melbourne while his West Aussie football playing father just happened to be over there playing for St Kilda.

Clubs are trumps

All Australian
Mar 23, 2012
AFL Club
West Coast
Oh we're from Eagle-landddddddddddd
A flying fury
we're from Eagle-landdddddddddddd
In any weather you will see us with a grin
risking beak and wings
if we're behind then nevermind
we'll fly and fly and win
Oh we're from Eagle-landddddddd
we'll never perch until the final sirens goneeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
Like the Eagle of old, we're fast and we're bold
Oh we're from Eagle... YELLOW AND BLUE
oh we're from Eagle-landddddddddddddd.

Oct 8, 2011
Hobart
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Tasmania
Hey fellas. Just wondering if there's any push from you guys to the club to get your song fixed?

Doesn't seem like there was a lot of consultation for the current version (everyone hates it), but from what I've heard the club spent big $$ on it, so may be reluctant to let it go so quickly?

Luuuc

Premiership Player
Jun 26, 2011
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Perth Wildcats, Perth Lynx
From what I've heard, much of the playing group hate the song so much that they're intentionally dropping games - sometimes even after building up a sizeable lead - just to avoid having to sing it live on national tv.

Oct 9, 2009
AFL Club
West Coast
Feels like that the club found out that 2 members of a reasonably well known mainstream band were WC fans and were beyond flattered that they were willing to make a song for the club. :rolleyes:

When they ran out yesterday my family started clapping and singing the song and we couldn’t..it was so disjointed and awkward...it was really upsetting to be honest. I looked around the crowd and every Eagle supporter was just standing there, the little kids had no idea how to sing it which is ****ed up because we taught all the little ones in the family the easy Eagles song and clapping and now they have nfi what's going on.
Then the Saints ran out and all their supporters sang and clapped to their simple uplifting song and I was pissed off...

Utter bullshit someone felt the right to do that, singing the song is a MASSIVE part of the enjoyment especially for kids.

Sep 21, 2004
Adel - SA - Aust - Earth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Norwood & Liverpool.
When they ran out yesterday my family started clapping and singing the song and we couldn’t..it was so disjointed and awkward...it was really upsetting to be honest. I looked around the crowd and every Eagle supporter was just standing there, the little kids had no idea how to sing it which is f’ed up because we taught all the little ones in the family the easy Eagles song and clapping and now they have nfi what's going on.
Then the Saints ran out and all their supporters sang and clapped to their simple uplifting song and I was pissed off...

Utter bullshit someone felt the right to do that, singing the song is a MASSIVE part of the enjoyment especially for kids.
100% this sums it up perfectly.

Its actually embarrassing being there.

You have to just sort of clap weirdly and watch them run out.

Literally EVERY other teams songs have something you can sing out.

Just make the whole song the bit the players sing the old school chorus but just as a belt it out song not opera singers

On SM-G925I using BigFooty.com mobile app

Just make the whole song the bit the players sing the old school chorus but just as a belt it out song not opera singers

It’s criminal what they did to it, there was a big turnout of Eagles people all around us and it was just blank faces and out of tune clapping when our boys ran out. Our song may not have been the best but it was ******* easy to sing, thats what a team song should be. I ******* tried to sing it and just felt stupid.
Absolutely idiotic, I’m furious at it...my kids have been singing our song since they were 2 years old.
HATE IT

wooshwhisperer

Senior List
Sep 13, 2010
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
West Perth
Oh we're from Eagle-landddddddddddd
A flying fury
we're from Eagle-landdddddddddddd
In any weather you will see us with a grin
risking beak and wings
if we're behind then nevermind
we'll fly and fly and win
Oh we're from Eagle-landddddddd
we'll never perch until the final sirens goneeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
Like the Eagle of old, we're fast and we're bold
Oh we're from Eagle... YELLOW AND BLUE
oh we're from Eagle-landddddddddddddd.
You had me singing along until it got unbelievable. I realise you posted this before Saturdays insipid effort, so I suggest an edit... replace final with half-time :rolleyes:

TOA.

Premiership Player
Oct 30, 2006
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast

Yep, the start especially is just horrendous. Has no momentum and in reality that is when the song needs to hit its stride.

Our song was clearly created by a commercial club trying to "tick boxes" on a club song* rather than a real footy club producing a real footy club song.

So disapointing

(* probably by using expensive consultants who are paid to think outside the box but just think of crap ideas, in my experience.)

When they ran out yesterday my family started clapping and singing the song and we couldn’t..it was so disjointed and awkward...it was really upsetting to be honest. I looked around the crowd and every Eagle supporter was just standing there, the little kids had no idea how to sing it which is f’ed up because we taught all the little ones in the family the easy Eagles song and clapping and now they have nfi what's going on.

This s**t needs to be sent to the club.

It’s a ******* disgrace

This sh*t needs to be sent to the club.

It’s a ******* disgrace
I am writing a letter yes, next game I’ll take videos of people standing around not able to clap or sing and the kids :|
Then compare it to the crowd when we had an actual song. s**t like this is an insult to everyone who has supported this club since their first game.

Jun 11, 2013
AFL Club
West Coast
To the new song tune:

We’ve spent too long, in isolation
We’ve written a song, that shits the nation,
It’s so damn bad it makes me want to puke,
It’s almost enough to make us want to lose..

We’re the Eagles
West Coast Eagles,
And our songs, a fricken joke,
We’re the big birds,
Kings of the big game,
We’re the Eagles
We love to choke..

😂

To the new song tune:

We’ve spent too long, in isolation
We’ve written a song, that shits the nation,
It’s so damn bad it makes me want to puke,
It’s almost enough to make us want to lose..

We’re the Eagles
West Coast Eagles,
And our songs, a fricken joke,
We’re the big birds,
Kings of the big game,
We’re the Eagles
We love to choke..

😂

applause4.gif

Back