Upgrade Targets, Breakevens & Heatmaps

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Brayshaw and Stevenson BE is around their average now and with Crowden and Richards coming to their price rise I feel this is the week.
Not sure on Crowden JS though

Lots of guys to keep an eye on. The upgrades and timing of these will be paramount to success this year in SC.

Merrett dropped close enough to $100,000 from 3 games. D.Beams has a break even of 203 to not drop in price, Buddy has a BE of 141.

Lots of choices and upgrade targets imho. Injuries are what will hurt us this year

Oliver and Hibberd looking like great trade ins imo.

For me, aiming to get most upgrades done by/during the byes. Targets/options are (if they perform):

DEF: Savage, Yeo, Hibberd, Hurn.
MID: Titch (really need to get him in), Piggy Oliver, Macrae, Parker, possibly Lyons.
RUCK: Ryder, but Gawnkervis is looking good so far.
FWD: Buddy, Heeney, Gray, Greene.

Hoping most of them can drop in price at around rounds 9-15 where most of my rookies will be ready to upgrade or cash-out.

No I'm fine thanks.
Just had my annual enema.

I'm glad he's going to be cheap so I can get him in early. I rode Yeo Yeo last year, up and down we went, laughter, tears, a wide range of emotions.
When we all pick him up a bunch of babies are going to lose sleep over his beautiful variance - this nostalgia will warm my heart and motivate me.

I'm glad he's going to be cheap so I can get him in early. I rode Yeo Yeo last year, up and down we went, laughter, tears, a wide range of emotions.
When we all pick him up a bunch of babies are going to lose sleep over his beautiful variance - this nostalgia will warm my heart and motivate me.
Yeah I had him last year
Reckon I'll recover just in time to trade him in for 430k

Last edited:
Who do people think is the first upgrade up forward? Want to stop playing forward rookies ASAP.

Currently have Bud, Heeney, McLean, Gray, Walters. Haven’t put a black line through anyone but Greene.

Thinking Mundy at this stage, but already have Fyfe and Walters.

Def (3 to fill): hurley, ryan,, hibberd, yeo, howe

Mid (3 to fill): danger, piggy jnr, bont, neale, zerrett, jelwood, mrouch

Fwd (1 to fill): buddy, grey, punchable

Last edited:
Lloyd, Yeo, McGovern and Hibberd all going down in price and are decent options I would happily pick up once they find form.

Zerrett in the middle, no doubt he'll find form and start pumping out 110s.

Dahlhaus up forward, he could have a good run of form if his midfield minutes improve.

Who do people think is the first upgrade up forward? Want to stop playing forward rookies ASAP.

Currently have Bud, Heeney, McLean, Gray, Walters. Haven’t put a black line through anyone but Greene.

Thinking Mundy at this stage, but already have Fyfe and Walters.

In the same predicament.. Liking the look of Acres but how long can he sustain this form (ave of 110)

If you are willing to spend the coin, maybe go the whole hog and bring in Menagola..

With GAJ and now Gutherie out for extended periods, he'll get those precious midfield minutes back. With a breakeven of 125, he's more than likely going to drop close to $500,000. With the money in the kitty, thinking of going diectly from a Venables directly to Menegola (or, if all goes well, Budwha)

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

DEF - 4 spots to fill
Rookies going along very well and I see it continuing, so the defence will be finished last, during the bye rounds.
In round 13 in will be Simpson, Sicily, Hurn, Yeo or McGovern.
In round 14 it will be Shaw, Howe, Hurley or Hibberd.
In round 15 it will be Ryan, Rance or Lloyd.

MID - 2 spots to fill
Danger is coming in between round 6 and 8.
I'll wing the last spot, no plans. I will see if Kelly keeps scoring like a premo and if guys like Zerrett drop heaps and eventually find form.

FWD - 1 spot to fill
It will be a Power or Suns forward in round 11. Looking at Gray most likely, but also Boak, Wingard and even Jack Martin.

We can plan all we want, but after all, this is SC, so we're all going to get screwed at some stage lol

Def = 4/5 spots
Mid = 1 spot
Fwd = 2 spots

Simpson, Hibberd, McGovern, Savage & Yeo are on my radar for my backline. I'll look at Simpson, Yeo and McGovern after their bye to help through rounds 13 and 14

Dusty or Oliver for midfield. This is a low priority given T.Kelly is scoring close to a premium level and i have Titch/Danger/Fyfe/Coniglio etc

Heeney, Buddy, Gray & Walters are my main targets. As per my above post i will look to upgrade to Heeney next round so that i only need to play 1 rookie forward for a while. I'm very keen on Gray but given i have jack martin i think i need to wait until round 11 after their bye to grab Gray

Def (3 to fill): hurley, ryan,, hibberd, yeo, howe

Mid (3 to fill): danger, piggy jnr, bont, neale, zerrett, jelwood, mrouch

Fwd (1 to fill): buddy, grey, punchable
My eye is on Neale. I've pulled the trigger on Bont this week because his lowest score is round 1 and drops out his rolling average.

Add Shiel to that list too.

Menegola is the man I desperately want to get in. With a break even of 125 he's likely drop in price somewhere close to $500,000. With a rolling $125 in his 3 game average, is likely to rise again in price fairly quickly.

With $358,900 in the kitty, looks increasingly likely to go Venables directly to Menegola who should still end up a top 6 - 10 forward in Supercoach.

With his next 2 games against top sides, albeit in Geelong and then his next 5 against lowly sides, he's going to rise and be out of reach.

A few cheap guys will be on the bubble in a month's time so double trade (ie; Doedee > Mirra + Holman > Dangerfield) when the time is right so first upgrade done and wait and see now.

Yeo could have been soooooooooooo cheap. Bloke screwing all SCers by pumping out a 150. Still dropped heaps for those looking at an early def upgrade, but still

Out of curiosity, what role is Rocky playing for the Power?

Forward line plodder.

Worth keeping an eye on him this week, with Powell Pepper out we've chosen not to bring in another inside mid, so you would think we'd give Rocky the role. If he goes well you'd think he stays there, if he doesn't get much of a go in the guts then you know the coaching staff don't think he's ready for it yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back