Upgrade Targets, Breakevens & Heatmaps

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Perfect.

Mirra and that Essendon dude in next week, then Dangergoat the week after.
Sounds good in theory, but how are you going to build the bank up?

We have 2 types of rookies this year. 80-100 averaging studs who we want to play on field until they run out of gas. 40-60 averaging spuds who are struggling to make it over $220k. There's no ~70 averaging rookies who pull the occasional decent score to boost themselves up to $300k quickly

Some context from my team:
currently $15k in the bank

rd 5:
LDU to Coffield
$50k bank

rd6:
Brayshaw to Guelfi (Garlett to mid)
Fritsch to Mirra (Garlett to fwd, Finlayson to mid)
$250k bank

rd 7:
(if I can afford it) Bonner to Danger (Finlayson to def)
or
Holman to rookie
rookie to Danger

that's basically 3 or 4 downgrades to get 1 player in... just doesn't seem right, even for Danger. Might have to look for bargains and skip Danger until the byes or something and hope he stays down until the 2nd half of the season. Zerrett for example at ~$490k could be a big bargain if he starts pumping out 100s

dunno what to do.. next couple weeks will be very interesting

We have 2 types of rookies this year. 80-100 averaging studs who we want to play on field until they run out of gas. 40-60 averaging spuds who are struggling to make it over $220k. There's no ~70 averaging rookies who pull the occasional decent score to boost themselves up to $300k quickly

rd 5:
LDU to Coffield
$50k bank

rd6:
$250k bank

rd 7:
or
Holman to rookie
rookie to Danger

that's basically 3 or 4 downgrades to get 1 player in... just doesn't seem right, even for Danger. Might have to look for bargains and skip Danger until the byes or something and hope he stays down until the 2nd half of the season. Zerrett for example at ~$490k could be a big bargain if he starts pumping out 100s

LDU>Coff only earns you $30k but is necessary sadly
I'm still sitting on Ryan, Ryan into either Mirra or Guelfi will earn me an extra $80k, puts me on $230k

Then Fritsch > someone next week will earn me hopefully $100k, $330k
Can then go Holman > Danger pretty much directly.

The biggest problem is that Yeo is going to be down at around the same time but he's never ever again for mine; I've also got 4/6 sorted down back so it isn't as huge a priority as getting in a M6

rd 5:
LDU to Coffield
$50k bank

rd6:
$250k bank

rd 7:
or
Holman to rookie
rookie to Danger

Got 150k in the bank. Fritsh > Essendon dude should make 100k and Naughton > Mirra 150k. 400k to go Fogarty > Danger should be heaps. Want to keep Holman for the byes.

I've currently got $292K banked and 24 trades - Murphy and ZGL on the pine but hoping both will get games again shortly.

Premium spots to fill atm
3 defenders (if counting Sicily as a premo)
3 Mids
2/3 forwards (3 if two of Billings/Lunchmeat/Tarranto don't make the cut for F5 and F6). Gray in at R10 is almost a certainty.

Will be looking to upgrade Sandi if he is rested.

LDU and Brayshaw out this week. Coffield in and not sure who else to bring in - either a fwd or a mid rook.

Sent from my F8331 using Tapatalk

Its interesting. Right now my 22 is:

B: Savage/Laird/Ryan/Hurn/Doedee/Murray
C: Dusty/Oliver/Macrae/Coniglio/Fyfe/TKelly/Holman/Finlayson
R: Gawn/Witts
F: Buddy/Smith/Petracca/Dunkley/Walters/Fritsch

If I'm allocating priority in terms of scoring its F6, but I really don't want to miss Danger. Hmm.

Current top 3 targets:
Merrett
looks likely to bottom out next week, started to hit some form on the weekend (with only 77% TOG) - but didn't look back to 100% yet.
$493K - 130 BE

Danger - wish he didn't miss round 1 so not starting him was my POD - 2 more weeks should see him hit mid 600's
$701k - 209 BE

Yeo - big bounce back week means his fall won't be as large as we had hoped, also bottoms out next week
$509k - 122 BE

Of the above I need to make sure I have the $$ for Danger which means I'm probably only considering Yeo or Merrett if a premo goes down

So with the first mid upgrade, do you go a Merrett or someone else who has dropped in a big way, or just go straight for Danger? I'm set on getting Danger, but that'll cost an extra trade.

Been talking with some mates and some are waiting on Danger to be one of their last upgrades. IMO he has to come in ASAP before he potentially goes on a run like last year.

Current top 3 targets:
Merrett
looks likely to bottom out next week, started to hit some form on the weekend (with only 77% TOG) - but didn't look back to 100% yet.
$493K - 130 BE

Danger - wish he didn't miss round 1 so not starting him was my POD - 2 more weeks should see him hit mid 600's
$701k - 209 BE

Yeo - big bounce back week means his fall won't be as large as we had hoped, also bottoms out next week
$509k - 122 BE

Of the above I need to make sure I have the $$ for Danger which means I'm probably only considering Yeo or Merrett if a premo goes down
Don't think you can pick Merrett until he breaks a tag. Dunno what Port were thinking not tagging him this weekend.

Don't think you can pick Merrett until he breaks a tag. Dunno what Port were thinking not tagging him this weekend.

Ebert was tagging him in the first where he had 8 touches, Rocky went to him from Q2 but also had little impact. Scored 95 through the Banfield tag.
Was managed through the dogs game (68% TOG)

Got tagged a lot last year and worked through those too.

R10 - Tagged by Lambert - 87
R16 - Tagged by Greenwood - 109
R17 - Tagged by Stevens - 120
R19 - Tagged by Libba - 67
R22 - Tagged by Miller - 92

2017 Tagged Average - 95

Seems like the 'needs to learn to cop a tag' line has been overplayed for Merrett a bit due to a really slow start post concussion.
Given how poorly how midfield as performed so far this year I can see Merrett getting involved a lot more going forward, but that also strengthens the argument teams should continue to put work into him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ebert was tagging him in the first where he had 8 touches, Rocky went to him from Q2 but also had little impact. Scored 95 through the Banfield tag.
Was managed through the dogs game (68% TOG)

Got tagged a lot last year and worked through those too.

R10 - Tagged by Lambert - 87
R16 - Tagged by Greenwood - 109
R17 - Tagged by Stevens - 120
R19 - Tagged by Libba - 67
R22 - Tagged by Miller - 92

2017 Tagged Average - 95

Seems like the 'needs to learn to cop a tag' line has been overplayed for Merrett a bit due to a really slow start post concussion.
Given how poorly how midfield as performed so far this year I can see Merrett getting involved a lot more going forward, but that also strengthens the argument teams should continue to put work into him.
I though Dev Smith was the one being tagged?

rd 5:
LDU to Coffield
$50k bank

rd6:
$250k bank

rd 7:
or
Holman to rookie
rookie to Danger

The gun rooks will start to drop off, as usual. Looks maybe like Holman is first to break. If they could just do it in a calm orderly fashion instead STB all at once that would be great.

Since we're looking forward. Anyone else not going to be able to field a team in round 14?
Looking to r14 caused a chain of terrible decisions that really f---ed my starting team more than one lousy score would have done. I forgot in my calculations that if i delete my team before r14, the negative impact of the bye becomes largely irrelevant :S

Current top 3 targets:
Merrett
$493K - 130 BE

$701k - 209 BE

$509k - 122 BE

Dont forget Sexy Robbie and Menegola (this round).

The temptation to sideways is strong.

Since we're looking forward. Anyone else not going to be able to field a team in round 14?
You'll have so many players to trade in before it and you'll basically be fully premo by then
Even if you have 5-8 premos missing, that should still be 14-17 premos playing. Add a few rookies and you're fine

Just quickly on Zerrett, he's averaging the same amount of contested possessions as last year and hes played 16% less TOG. In his only full game in the JLT he had 140 SC with a very high contested disposal count. I think hes playing more inside this year? And with Myers playing okay he could be the big body support Merrett needs. He also has a 9 or 10 day break.

Zorko I think is a busted pick because he has no support, isnt playing finals and has ticked off becoming AA. Not much to play for. Also his disposal count is unusually low and his role was weird in round 1.

Neale I like, but hes butchering it a bit at the moment and has that bye.

Danger is a bit off at the moment, I think he could go as low as 550k. Even though hes a bit off he's still top 20. Will look at him in about a month.

Hannebery is interesting and I think may come good after the bye, he could be under 450k. Perhaps Tim Kelly to Hanners, wait and see.

MCrouch I like, he should drop to around 520k. More upside than Neale.

If Collingwood are in the running for finals then I like Pendlebury later in the season. He's had some injury concerns of late though.

Just quickly on Zerrett, he's averaging the same amount of contested possessions as last year and hes played 16% less TOG. In his only full game in the JLT he had 140 SC with a very high contested disposal count. I think hes playing more inside this year? And with Myers playing okay he could be the big body support Merrett needs. He also has a 9 or 10 day break.

Zorko I think is a busted pick because he has no support, isnt playing finals and has ticked off becoming AA. Not much to play for. Also his disposal count is unusually low and his role was weird in round 1.

Neale I like, but hes butchering it a bit at the moment and has that bye.

Danger is a bit off at the moment, I think he could go as low as 550k. Even though hes a bit off he's still top 20. Will look at him in about a month.

Hannebery is interesting and I think may come good after the bye, he could be under 450k. Perhaps Tim Kelly to Hanners, wait and see.

MCrouch I like, he should drop to around 520k. More upside than Neale.

If Collingwood are in the running for finals then I like Pendlebury later in the season. He's had some injury concerns of late though.
Crouch, Oliver and Danger have a spot in my team, the others...

giphy.gif

You'll have so many players to trade in before it and you'll basically be fully premo by then
Even if you have 5-8 premos missing, that should still be 14-17 premos playing. Add a few rookies and you're fine

Yeah like that's ever worked out.

forced laughter.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back