Remove this Banner Ad

nut

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 16, 2002
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Richmond
should my uploads be higher than my downloads??? what causes high upload usage?

I have an optus fusion 10g package. at $89 a month probably getting ripped off.

Does skype and Messenger use a lot of uploads??

I dont think we are using the internet that much but are using the 10g fast.

Can people upload when Limewire is turned off?

as you can see I'm not very knowledgeable when it comes to internet plans

Skype adds both to your up and down, I don't think you share files when Limewire is off. Messenger doesn't use dick all, so I'm guessing skype is your culprit. Also if you download torrents, they will add to your uploads too.

$89 for 10GB is pathetic. You can get ADSL2 from iPrimus with 200GB for $89. It's f**ken swwwwweeeeeeeeet!

Skype adds both to your up and down, I don't think you share files when Limewire is off. Messenger doesn't use dick all, so I'm guessing skype is your culprit. Also if you download torrents, they will add to your uploads too.

$89 for 10GB is pathetic. You can get ADSL2 from iPrimus with 200GB for $89. It's f**ken swwwwweeeeeeeeet!

we get free calls etc... on the landline... wasn't my choice. Thanks fpr the tips

I did a search and found this

Just did a check on my account as I am limited. Noticed I had hit some high daily marks and couldnt really work it out. My downloads are at 21gb which is average to usage over the last 6 months ie 2gb per day

But my uploads for this month are already at 31gb. I have had skype in previous months. As an example I used 76dl and 10up last month. The month before 86dl and 9up

The only new thing is using the cool18 facade recommended by Chief

Is it this or something else?

I did a search and found this

Just did a check on my account as I am limited. Noticed I had hit some high daily marks and couldnt really work it out. My downloads are at 21gb which is average to usage over the last 6 months ie 2gb per day

But my uploads for this month are already at 31gb. I have had skype in previous months. As an example I used 76dl and 10up last month. The month before 86dl and 9up

The only new thing is using the cool18 facade recommended by Chief

Is it this or something else?
It is something else.