NSW Upper Hunter By-Election - 22 May 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

We'll never forget you Jodi Macrae

A cosmetic change of leaders isn’t going to cut it. Hopefully the Left actually challenge this time for the inevitable ballot between McKay and Minns and actually put up a viable candidate who might inspire some votes rather than the tiresome NSW Right status quo. The ALP is doomed in its current, shitty iteration.

A cosmetic change of leaders isn’t going to cut it. Hopefully the Left actually challenge this time for the inevitable ballot between McKay and Minns and actually put up a viable candidate who might inspire some votes rather than the tiresome NSW Right status quo. The ALP is doomed in its current, shitty iteration.
Now Now let's not be to rash. Jodi mckay is in an bad environment. She needs to stay. She's be a tireless leader

Labor brand was hunky dory when they won in a landslide in QLD and WA!

But lose a state seat in the deep midnorth of NSW, they haven't won in 111years.

THE END IS NIGH FOR LABOR

Are you all f***wits or what?

The most astute piece I've read on the matter.

I find it goes to the desperation and the shear terror the Libs and the right wing media exhibit that they would go through the masquerade they are at the moment.

I LOL at them.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don’t think it was a major catastrophe for the ALP that they didn’t win, but it was a little bit of a missed opportunity

Unfortunately McKay has had a few of those during her time in charge, so I’m not surprised that the indians are getting restless

who's picking up the 30%?
Various conservative minor parties and independents. Greens primary vote has dropped through the floor over that period as well (3.4% down from 8.5%), as has Labor (21.3% down from 31.3%). In terms of winners, about 22-24% have voted ON/SFF at the last two elections.

That said, OP is being a little disingenuous in comparing a decline in primary vote from 2007 (3 candidates) to 2021 (13 candidates).

The decline in 2PP and increase in exhaustion rates is probably more instructive. Exhaustion in particular has risen to 30% at the most recent election which (I think) is a new high. Part of that is also a result of the sheer number of candidates, but it does give a further indication of the level of major party dissatisfaction in the electorate.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back