Upper Murray 2014

Remove this Banner Ad

Thanks for doing that mate. I have heard some good things are coming out of Walwa and I reckon that they will get a few wins on the board this year. In relation to Tumba I can confirm that the following players have departed:

* Shane Macintosh - Marrar
* Chase Macintosh - Marrar
* Marc Shepperd - Marrar
* Wade McPherson - Jindera
* Nick Molkentin - Lavington
* Mark Parr - East Wagga Kooringal
* Thomas Bennets - Gold Coast
* Chris Peddler - Injury out for season.

What's news in relation to signings / departures with the other clubs?

There you go Demonroo. Border Walwa picked up a few Holbrook boys. Dodds a FF, McLellan boys x 2 both mid types.
Dodds won goal kicking in hume league reserves couple of yrs back, but never seemed to produce results at senior level. In saying that he will prob be good in umfl comp if he gets enough supply, be good to see walwa fielding more competitive sides, things looking promising early.

Word is Feds coach has stepped down? Can anyone confirm? Word is a local bloke has
taken over!

Looks like tumba has lost a few!
Walwa picked up some!
Bullioh lost and gained some,
No news yet on cudg/corry/Feds??
So ladder prediction at this stage!!

Bullioh
Corryong
Feds
Tumba
Walwa
Cudg

Based on news so far!!

Well guys 10weeks until the season starts most clubs have lost players and won't know until clearances star coming in what they have picked up.
Even though tumba have lost some players from last season their new coach has brought afew more from Wagga but have heard that he intends to promote a few more of the locals into the senior team. The players they have lost are quality players but should have the depth to cover them my only concern is C.H.B. PREDICTION 2nd
Bullioh have a new coach heard Bannister has returned to his old club they had a good year last season carn't see them being far off the mark at this stage. PREDICTION 3rd
Corryong if they keep most of their playing list together and add 4-6 senior players will be rite in it.
Reedy would of learnt alot from last season so expect alot more confident Corryong. PREDICTION 1st
With Cudgie regaining the services of B.Deery back as coach should play finals have lost acouple .PREDICTION 4th
The big improvers this season will be Walwa, got their coach early and have heard have been getting 15-20 at training before xmas.They will win games and could steal 4th spot on the ladder if clubs take them lightly. PREDICTION 6TH [4-5 WINS]
Feds under performed last season and could find it hard matching the top 3 teams but you carn't take them lightly.PREDICTION 5th
max

Chopper any names for the wagga boys tumba coach he's picked up?
Interesting thoughts on cudgie!! Prediction 4th but said they lost some??
So after losing some they well improve?? Do you no something that no one else knows?

Scott.B has left federals n Matt jones to coach, I'm hearing Scott got in a fight n got hurt bad so can't play. Deery has recruited some past players n a few extra so they might be a surprise, corryong have kept all players including hansons n picked up Paton n four others but not sure who they are, Tumba news is pretty clear n will still be strong, tumba must have spent up big last few years, dodds will be very handy at walwa n be hard to stop, bullioh have hickey back from all reports n lost at least 6 blokes but I'm sure will recruit well.

Very early Prediction

Corryong
Bullioh
Cudgewa
Tumba
Walwa
Feds

The comp will be the most evenly spread then it has been in years

Nah mate the James paton from culcairn.
Will be great to see a Paton in Demon's colours, don't think he'll be getting an invite to too many family reunions anytime soon though!:p Should make for a great win against Feds when we play them 1st time around and i'm tipping James for a BOG. It's not often you get a gun who's still in his prime to come/stay up here so look out opposition clubs in 2014. Go Dees:thumbsu:

Yeah Paton well be very handy for corryong! Don't think Feds well like that to much, still Jones well do a good job for Feds, interesting news on hickey returning should be good when they play cudgewa! Anyone no the blokes leaving bullioh and cudgewa recruits??
Looks like corryongs the team to beat then!

Will be great to see a Paton in Demon's colours, don't think he'll be getting an invite to too many family reunions anytime soon though!:p Should make for a great win against Feds when we play them 1st time around and i'm tipping James for a BOG. It's not often you get a gun who's still in his prime to come/stay up here so look out opposition clubs in 2014. Go Dees:thumbsu:
He is all yours. On another note, Brendan Mcevoy to cudgey. Will be a good get for them. Is a good bloke too.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Looks like cudge well have a pretty good forward line this year, Mcevoy,Piltz and Deery all kicking over 50 goals in 2012!

That could be true but 2 of them are on one leg and that already cost them a G.F.
Not sure what you mean?
Deery kick 5 in the gf didn't he?
And Piltz did he's hamstring pretty bad I thought??
Not sure how there on one leg!!

Being a cudge local ref thought you would have been all over there injuries in 2012, obviously not fan of Deery/Piltz??
What are they going to kick this year now that there both back on two legs???

Being a cudge local ref thought you would have been all over there injuries in 2012, obviously not fan of Deery/Piltz??
Footsball fan of cudgie F.C. got nothing against those 2 players, like any supporter at any club you don't always agree with what the coach does.He has taken the club to 2 G.F. maybe this could be the year. How many will they kick, that will depend on how many games they play on 2 legs.

Cudgewa recruits sounding good, D Arthur,M Hurst,D Ward,M Voight,B Deery, J Piltz, B Mcevoy?
Any news on ins and outs at the kennel? Shoud be a more even comp

Cudgewa recruits sounding good, D Arthur,M Hurst,D Ward,M Voight,B Deery, J Piltz, B Mcevoy?
Any news on ins and outs at the kennel? Shoud be a more even comp
Also include, G Wheeler, M Jarvis, M Turnball.
Predictions:
Corryong
Cudgewa
Bullioh
Tumba
Feds
Walwa
But well be a close season, games could go either way.

Predictions:
Corryong
Cudgewa
Bullioh
Tumba
Feds
Walwa
But well be a close season, games could go either way.[/quot
Predictions:
Corryong
Cudgewa
Bullioh
Tumba
Feds
Walwa
But well be a close season, games could go either way.

Hey fellow forum bloggers,

I also agree it will be a close season with all clubs getting plenty of new and old recruits. It sounds like the Demons will have a good year and add to the nucleus of players they had in 2013, as usual too early to comment on the SCUM as we all know what they are like. I agree with Demon85 that it will be a good match when Corryong play Feds, will be worth watching. I did hear that Paton held his own against the Bradshaws last year, did he play at CHB?.

In relation to Tumba they have also lost Ben Carroll and Scott Raufters back to Marrar but have picked up a couple from North Wagga Saints. Given that I have not seen the new recruits play, I wont be able to comment until after they play Dubbo for the Isaac Cornell Memorial Shield. It is Really good to see Walwa re-building and I reckon they will be the surprise packet of 2014!!:thumbsu::thumbsu:

Looks like cudge well have a pretty good forward line this year, Mcevoy,Piltz and Deery all kicking over 50 goals in 2012!
Yeah, but they'll be wheeling them out in wheelchairs by finals time, sticking to the dad's army theme hasn't done them any favours the last couple of years though Dane Arthur will be a great pick up for the Blues, looks like it's anybody's flag with all the clearance's leaving Tumba and none coming in. Great for Bullioh getting an ex Afl player coaching them but have they actually signed anyone?:confused: Corryong's the flag favorite for me at this stage.

Yeah, but they'll be wheeling them out in wheelchairs by finals time, sticking to the dad's army theme hasn't done them any favours the last couple of years though Dane Arthur will be a great pick up for the Blues, looks like it's anybody's flag with all the clearance's leaving Tumba and none coming in. Great for Bullioh getting an ex Afl player coaching them but have they actually signed anyone?:confused: Corryong's the flag favorite for me at this stage.

Piltz 30/31, Mcevoy 32, Deery 34, Not sure if that's really that old, if a bloke said he well kick 50 goals I don't think many coaches would care how old or if they played on no legs! And I think for the rest of there team there under 29 by a far margin, making two grand finals with the dads army mentality!! Maybe the teams that haven't played in a grand final the last couple of years need to look at getting some old timers?? Obviously there kids don't no what there doing!! Just saying.
Agree with corryong being flag favourite at this stage.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back