Upper Murray 2015

Remove this Banner Ad

They have only lodged 2 clearances so far? Blankspace you've obviously heard something with that statement care to share? Feds seem the obvious front runners, I don't think cudgie will slip far, they had alot of quality players. One question I do have, what ever happened about the incident in the GF with feds bloke ending up with a broken jaw?

From what I'm hearing out of tumba some local lads having concerns for selection with recruitment drive but could be wrong hence the comment interesting see how pans out. Would also like to know what happened about that incident in GF, my understanding cudgy player was on last warning in league to??

From what I'm hearing out of tumba some local lads having concerns for selection with recruitment drive but could be wrong hence the comment interesting see how pans out. Would also like to know what happened about that incident in GF, my understanding cudgy player was on last warning in league to??
Blankspace all good at tumba and glad to see Shep back at the club great player and top bloke off the field.Last time I looked at clearances there was only 10 lodged ,will have another look and do my preview on each side before season starts at the moment to busy with bowles cheers guys

I was at the Towong races on Saturday and their is a very positive vibe in the Feds camp. Didn't hear too much on the Demons side!

Apart from the Bradshaw boys and Tom McKimmie signings I was told by a committee member that they still have an OMFL player to announce, he wouldn't tell me who!

I was also talking to the Tumba VP and he reckons Tumba will go better than last year, with the recruits they have signed. All good in Tumba I didn't get a sense of any internal bullshit!

I see Walwa are still steadily introducing new players, they have a practice match against CSU on April 2nd.

Well guys will do Feds an Corryong seen they are playing Easter Sunday
FEDS.
Going on clearances and last season form,even though feds have lost a couple of players most noticeable A.Williams an J.Jarvis the players they have picked up will more than cover their losses.With D.Bradshaw in the goal square kicking a 100 gls should be on target with the likes of the Hill brothers delivering the ball to him plus T.McKimmie, J.Forrest, M.Bradshaw. Backline will need to be strengthen abit, would like to see H.Tryell at C.H.B. would go along way in doing that as long as he can stay injury free.The big O playing more up the ground will give them another marking target in the centre of the ground allowing there running players to run off him or he can kick it deep into there forward line.
Prediction 1st
CORRYONG
Corryong started last season slow but came home hard and should continue on with that form with the players they have picked up.With J.Paton returning to the club would be the likely player to pick up D.Bradshaw in this weeks game unless they have another player capable of doing the job.Their other gains in J.Anderson, C.Edwards, D.Low and a few others they have recruited should improve their list. Would like to see Tom Nicholas take another step forward this season, I thought last season he did really well in the ruck ,would rather see him resting in the forward line instead of the bench would put abit more pressure on the opposition back line.Regarding Evan what can I say ,if you don't man him up he will hurt you not just in general play but on the score board to.Would like to see him playing off H.B.rotating every now an then on the ball.
Prediction 4th

Will do another review of places on the ladder after rnd 5
TIP FOR THIS WEEK
FEDS 38PTS

Well guys will do Feds an Corryong seen they are playing Easter Sunday
FEDS.
Going on clearances and last season form,even though feds have lost a couple of players most noticeable A.Williams an J.Jarvis the players they have picked up will more than cover their losses.With D.Bradshaw in the goal square kicking a 100 gls should be on target with the likes of the Hill brothers delivering the ball to him plus T.McKimmie, J.Forrest, M.Bradshaw. Backline will need to be strengthen abit, would like to see H.Tryell at C.H.B. would go along way in doing that as long as he can stay injury free.The big O playing more up the ground will give them another marking target in the centre of the ground allowing there running players to run off him or he can kick it deep into there forward line.
Prediction 1st
CORRYONG
Corryong started last season slow but came home hard and should continue on with that form with the players they have picked up.With J.Paton returning to the club would be the likely player to pick up D.Bradshaw in this weeks game unless they have another player capable of doing the job.Their other gains in J.Anderson, C.Edwards, D.Low and a few others they have recruited should improve their list. Would like to see Tom Nicholas take another step forward this season, I thought last season he did really well in the ruck ,would rather see him resting in the forward line instead of the bench would put abit more pressure on the opposition back line.Regarding Evan what can I say ,if you don't man him up he will hurt you not just in general play but on the score board to.Would like to see him playing off H.B.rotating every now an then on the ball.
Prediction 4th

Will do another review of places on the ladder after rnd 5
TIP FOR THIS WEEK
FEDS 38PTS

Chopper,

I agree with you in relation to Feds this year, I'm tipping them to beat the demons by 60 points. The roo's keeping their clearances close to their chest!

Seen the season kicks off this weekend will do a quick preview of the last 4 teams
CUDGIE
With cudgie keeping most of last seasons team intac except there forward line, loosing macca, steel an hall will take some firer power away but have recruit afew players that are more than capable of taking there place.There backline held strong last season and carn't see why they won't this season, there local players will play a major roll in how far they go this season.Loosing young Brownie in my opinion is there biggest lost.Deery back as coach hopefully non-playing I think will benefit cudgie more than on the field but expect him to play when needed.
Prediction 2nd
TUMBA
With tumba keeping 95% of there players from last season and adding afew to that list look set for another good season.With the player Jones returning to the club after coming into the side halfway through last season will be fitter and can play forward or down back and B.Carey young brother coming back from a knee will hold down C.H.F. [TRUCK] which will take some pressure off Ben.There backline needs to add some height to it if they want to stop some of the oppositions tall forwards other wise there forwards an mid-field will need to put more pressure on the ball carrier. I think they are capable of getting 2nd spot but my predicition is.
Prediction 3rd
Well done to feds getting the points over Corryong on easter sunday.If anyone saw the game let us know what you thought of the game.See the paper has D.Bradshaw will be out for at least 4/6 weeks.
Will do last 2 teams during the week .

Seen the season kicks off this weekend will do a quick preview of the last 4 teams
CUDGIE
With cudgie keeping most of last seasons team intac except there forward line, loosing macca, steel an hall will take some firer power away but have recruit afew players that are more than capable of taking there place.There backline held strong last season and carn't see why they won't this season, there local players will play a major roll in how far they go this season.Loosing young Brownie in my opinion is there biggest lost.Deery back as coach hopefully non-playing I think will benefit cudgie more than on the field but expect him to play when needed.
Prediction 2nd
TUMBA
With tumba keeping 95% of there players from last season and adding afew to that list look set for another good season.With the player Jones returning to the club after coming into the side halfway through last season will be fitter and can play forward or down back and B.Carey young brother coming back from a knee will hold down C.H.F. [TRUCK] which will take some pressure off Ben.There backline needs to add some height to it if they want to stop some of the oppositions tall forwards other wise there forwards an mid-field will need to put more pressure on the ball carrier. I think they are capable of getting 2nd spot but my predicition is.
Prediction 3rd
Well done to feds getting the points over Corryong on easter sunday.If anyone saw the game let us know what you thought of the game.See the paper has D.Bradshaw will be out for at least 4/6 weeks.
Will do last 2 teams during the week .

Hey Chopper,

Looking at the clearances Mark Jones who played for Tumba last year is heading to TDFL. I see that the Big O, didn't play on the weekend, would the score might have been a little different?

BULLIOH
Bullioh have lost a few players from last season T.Fenton the biggest loss but have picked up some handy recruits.With P.Dean back as coach will go along way in how far they go this season.Bulliohs biggest problem last season was the age of there players, they need to recruit a few young players to the club.Will have more of an idea how far they will go when I see them play tumba. I don't think there will be a big gap between 6th spot an 2nd spot on the ladder, depth will play a big roll in how far teams will go.
Prediction 6th
WALWA
With C.B. taking over as coach, should see a new game plan has recruited some handy players to the club.They were the most improved side last season so hopefully can take another step forward this year
Prediction 5th
TIPS THIS WEEK IF THE SEASON STARTS
Tumba by 25pts over Bullioh
Feds by 31 over Walwa
And Corryong to cause an upset by 14pts over Cudgie

Is Adrian Williams going to go his whole career without a premiership? Left Tumba to play under his best mate at Feds and Tumba won the flag that year, now leaves Feds for whatever reason to play at Bright and Feds look like they have a team they could take the next step.....would love to see him win one as well as he is a great clubman and person to boot.

Is Adrian Williams going to go his whole career without a premiership? Left Tumba to play under his best mate at Feds and Tumba won the flag that year, now leaves Feds for whatever reason to play at Bright and Feds look like they have a team they could take the next step.....would love to see him win one as well as he is a great clubman and person to boot.
Gotta love the Dirty Rat don't worry Rk, Steven Webster has assured him a reserves flag for the Bright Mountain Men!:D

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Rd1 just around the corner, anyone got any late mail or predictions for the season ahead - goal kickers, best player, preimiers?

Looks like last years 2 grand final teams have dropped away a bit giving the others a chance to bridge the gap. Tumba for me to be the big improver if they have held their list and added a few as reported.

Can't go past the Ohlin at federals for leading goal kicker, that is if he is still playing, I hear he wasn't there Rd 1. McEvoy's gone. Will be interesting to see how Hall goes at Bullioh and if Carey get some good ball supply.

McCarthy from Border Walwa or Turner from Tumba will have big years and will be best players.

Rd1 just around the corner, anyone got any late mail or predictions for the season ahead - goal kickers, best player, preimiers?

Looks like last years 2 grand final teams have dropped away a bit giving the others a chance to bridge the gap. Tumba for me to be the big improver if they have held their list and added a few as reported.

Can't go past the Ohlin at federals for leading goal kicker, that is if he is still playing, I hear he wasn't there Rd 1. McEvoy's gone. Will be interesting to see how Hall goes at Bullioh and if Carey get some good ball supply.

McCarthy from Border Walwa or Turner from Tumba will have big years and will be best players.
Didn't Darren Bradshaw go to Feds? He would make them better wouldn't he?

Change of coach at Cudgewa is what I heard today.

Big news if Deery has stepped down any word why?

I believe one of the Bradshaws were injured Rd 1 not sure how bad.

My picks for round 1:

Tumba to beat bullioh by 7 goals;
Walwa to beat Feds in an upset by 2 goals ;
Corryong to beat Cudgie by 4 goals.

Did anyone see any games over the weekend, cudgie might not be done & dusted just yet. Have tumba improved or bullioh gone backwards?
GBR,

I don think it's an issue that Bullion have gone backwards given that Tumba ended up higher than Bullioh on the ladder last year. I think the Roos are building up for something special this year, it has taken two years after the exodus in 2014 for Tumba to rebuild. Cudgie did the same after their 2013 loss to Tumba.

With the likes of Tommy Bennets, Mark Shepherd and Mason Tait adding to the likes of Turner., Winter and the Carey brothers, they can only get stronger. I think this weekend will be a good test when they play Feds - it should be a cracker of a game.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back