Upper Murray FL 2019

Steele13

All Australian
Mar 19, 2019
AFL Club
Essendon
Is it true that if Cudgie had one more player sent off the game would have been called off and Bullioh the winner? I wonder if Bullioh knew it!

Dec 18, 2013
Leaning against the boundary fence
AFL Club
Carlton
That was the rumour but it is not true unless all three cards were at the same time, which meant they would have had 13 on the field. They had two off at the same time for only an overlap of a few minutes though.

You would have to question a club if they had gone out deliberately to do that to an opposing club in that scenario and win essentially by forfeit while you are well behind. That was not the case here thank goodness as it would have been a bullsh1t way to "win".

Steele13

All Australian
Mar 19, 2019
AFL Club
Essendon
That was the rumour but it is not true unless all three cards were at the same time, which meant they would have had 13 on the field. They had two off at the same time for only an overlap of a few minutes though.

You would have to question a club if they had gone out deliberately to do that to an opposing club in that scenario and win essentially by forfeit while you are well behind. That was not the case here thank goodness as it would have been a bullsh1t way to "win".
I thought there was a red card, so it could have been any time the during the other yellow. Not suggesting they would have done anything with that information, but would have been absolutely wild scenes to witness.

Dec 18, 2013
Leaning against the boundary fence
AFL Club
Carlton
Red was the first one though I am not sure exactly what for (neither did the player) - it seemed to come from a well timed bump and a Bullioh player came screaming in seeking retribution for it, next thing a Cudgy player was marched off for a red.

Number 1 for Cudgy got a yellow early in the third quarter because two Bullioh players applied a niggling tag on him due to Cudgy being one down and he got sucked in and gave away a card trying to break the tags.

A couple of Bullioh supporters near the bench got the rule wrong and were egging on their boys to draw another card for the last quarter and a half of the match but by then one player had come back on and they didn't realise it.

Old Kenny

Team Captain
Sep 9, 2007
up there
AFL Club
Sydney
Red was the first one though I am not sure exactly what for (neither did the player) - it seemed to come from a well timed bump and a Bullioh player came screaming in seeking retribution for it, next thing a Cudgy player was marched off for a red.

Number 1 for Cudgy got a yellow early in the third quarter because two Bullioh players applied a niggling tag on him due to Cudgy being one down and he got sucked in and gave away a card trying to break the tags.

A couple of Bullioh supporters near the bench got the rule wrong and were egging on their boys to draw another card for the last quarter and a half of the match but by then one player had come back on and they didn't realise it.
Seems like most of the action was not actual footy related.

How they fit so many top liners in that team is beyond me.

GranyaGoat

Draftee
May 22, 2023
AFL Club
Melbourne
Well done to Cudgewa on their win today, even having 16 on 18 for a while at one stage due to a couple of cards.

The Blues set it up in the first term with 21-3 inside 50s and opening up a big quarter time lead. Very strong in the forward line and Bartel, Prior and Cameron all had a decent day in front of goal.

The streaker was given what he deserved, being powerslammed by the ruckman LOL
Great win by Cudgewa. They would give a few TDFL clubs a run for their money. As for Bullioh, what a laughing stock. They think they can be a standalone club in TDFL. They are only kidding themselves.

Old Kenny

Team Captain
Sep 9, 2007
up there
AFL Club
Sydney
Tryin to make a list of players playing in the tdfl/O&M/Hume leagues at the moment
Tdfl
Kiewa-
Newnam
Haugen
Paton
Wilson
Scammell/Wilson/Harris all played during the year.

Chiltern-
McLean

Beechworth
Jeffries

Tallangatta
Hewitt
Brown
Norman
Middleton

O&M

Raiders-
Whitsed
Dalyx2

Wodonga-
Nugent

Albury
Bye

Hume

Holbrook
Has Mitchell played this year?

Who am I missing?

Some handy talent to come out of the league in the last few years.

Gibbsy

Cakewalk
Oct 12, 2009
Geetroit
AFL Club
Collingwood
Is this league kicking off again this season? Or been gobbled up? If so, how many teams are in and who?

Same four teams as last year. Fixture as below:

407044907_770498745116424_2240381536136492742_n.jpg

Back