Upper Murray FL 2019

Remove this Banner Ad

Old Kenny

Team Captain
Sep 9, 2007
up there
AFL Club
Sydney
I’m thinking after looking at the scores there seems to be blowouts most weeks.
Top 3 sorted and Corryong and Federals fighting it out for the last spot.
A combined 3 goals from those two clubs yesterday doesn’t look good for the Competition
To be expected rip. Just scanning through the three Corryong based sides there’s no more that 7 locals in each senior side. So a team like cudgewa recruits the most top liners and wham, we have the premiership favourite. Could be Corryong or Federal next year with the right coach but it’s unsustainable. All this was said last year. It wasn’t supported so we move on.

JOHNNY GASTEV

Team Captain
Jan 7, 2008
Lavington
AFL Club
West Coast
To be expected rip. Just scanning through the three Corryong based sides there’s no more that 7 locals in each senior side. So a team like cudgewa recruits the most top liners and wham, we have the premiership favourite. Could be Corryong or Federal next year with the right coach but it’s unsustainable. All this was said last year. It wasn’t supported so we move on.
Agree OK, the league will be back in the same place in 5 years unless there’s some massive influx of local players.

Fruit

Club Legend
Jul 24, 2012
AFL Club
Collingwood
I wish they would reconsider. Makes so much sense to everyone except those that are too stubborn to swallow their pride.

Old Kenny

Team Captain
Sep 9, 2007
up there
AFL Club
Sydney
Correct me if I'm wrong but these two are based in the same town aren't they?
Yes mate. Same town same ground. Corryong was generally made up of townsfolk and Federal was mostly farmers but that’s changed a bit in the last couple of decades. Up until this year both teams had separate clubrooms. Over the covid break a single multipurpose building has been built to house both clubs and a couple of other user groups.

Remove this Banner Ad