Upper Murray FL 2019

Fruit

Premiership Player
Jul 24, 2012
AFL Club
Collingwood
Haven't heard much chat around the place fruit. Dee's had an ad in the border a couple of weeks back seeking a senior coach. Cudgewa have been active with a new coach and recruits. what have you heard?
Only heard that Corryong have been trying hard to find a coach to give Evan a break.

Rip vanwinkel

All Australian
Jul 1, 2012
AFL Club
Carlton
Haven't heard much chat around the place fruit. Dee's had an ad in the border a couple of weeks back seeking a senior coach. Cudgewa have been active with a new coach and recruits. what have you heard?
Word floating around is that you guys will be keeping one of last years joint Coaches Old Kenny.

Old Kenny

Team Captain
Sep 9, 2007
up there
AFL Club
Sydney
Word floating around is that you guys will be keeping one of last years joint Coaches Old Kenny.
That’s correct rip. Hoping to keep most of last years list and add a couple to stay in touch with the blues and dogs. Are walwa going to put a team together? It’s been a huge effort for them to get two really competitive sides on the ground each week for the last few years. I take my hat off to them.

Old Kenny

Team Captain
Sep 9, 2007
up there
AFL Club
Sydney
Article in today's border. Not looking good for walwa if they haven't got a coach in place by now. Poor buggers have a tough gig down there. How's everybody else looking?

JOHNNY GASTEV

Team Captain
Jan 7, 2008
Lavington
AFL Club
West Coast
Nah played his junior footy down the river. So what do we think will be the outcome if walwa go into recess fellas? Is this the death of the upper Murray? Tumba went into recess quite a few years ago and survived.
Sadly I think it’s game over for the league if Walwa fold. Merge the 3 Corryong based clubs and field a strong club in the Tallangatta league.

Old Kenny

Team Captain
Sep 9, 2007
up there
AFL Club
Sydney
Sadly I think it’s game over for the league if Walwa fold. Merge the 3 Corryong based clubs and field a strong club in the Tallangatta league.
I think if this is to happen it needs to be a totally new club from the ground up. No trying to incorporate bits and pieces from all three clubs. Too much baggage from the rivalries we all love. It will also be difficult to go into a comp that has two or three dominant clubs because in the umfl every two or three years the wheel turned and it was another clubs go at being a contender so most clubs got a go over a ten ear period. It was the best thing about our comp. How does a team from so far away compete with the recruiting top line players out of the o and m? Will rely on young blokes travelling back out here once they leave town for uni and the like I guess.

Rip vanwinkel

All Australian
Jul 1, 2012
AFL Club
Carlton
I think if this is to happen it needs to be a totally new club from the ground up. No trying to incorporate bits and pieces from all three clubs. Too much baggage from the rivalries we all love. It will also be difficult to go into a comp that has two or three dominant clubs because in the umfl every two or three years the wheel turned and it was another clubs go at being a contender so most clubs got a go over a ten ear period. It was the best thing about our comp. How does a team from so far away compete with the recruiting top line players out of the o and m? Will rely on young blokes travelling back out here once they leave town for uni and the like I guess.
Just get Bullioh to have 2 Senior Teams

JOHNNY GASTEV

Team Captain
Jan 7, 2008
Lavington
AFL Club
West Coast
Premiers: Cudgewa
Runners Up:Bullioh
Leading goals:Morey (Cudgy)
League medal:Clark (Bullioh)
Wooden spoon:Walwa
Headline:”walwa folds and league merges with tallangatta league”

ThemHills

Draftee
Mar 28, 2019
AFL Club
Fremantle
how will Cudgewa fit all these new players into the point cap especially with Ben Hall coming back surely he almost has Marmo covered with clubs played for Murray magpies Cudgewa Bullioh Beechworth Yackandandah now back to Cudgewa

ThemHills

Draftee
Mar 28, 2019
AFL Club
Fremantle
Tips for round 1
Feds vs Walwa I’m going to say Walwa May just get the chocolates by 5
Bullioh vs Cudge match of the round both teams out to pro who is the benchmark but I’m going to say Bullioh by 24
Tumba vs Corry I think Tumba in this one easy by 36plus
Border Mail Headline of the year
Border Walwa from no team to finals team

Footsball

Debutant
Jan 26, 2014
AFL Club
Geelong
Great results on Saturday. Come on upper Murray league do something about this! No juniors no ressies and one sided seniors.

Back