Upper Murray FL 2019

Remove this Banner Ad

4 team comp, Potentially 5 if a struggling Tumba can scratch a side together..., I genuinely don't see the point.

Yes the region and more importantly the youth need some Football/Netball during the winter months but they will get tired of playing the same team every 3 weeks real quick.

About time they started thinking outside the box a little. Why not hold a pre season type of Carnival between the 4 sides, say 3 weeks of Football/Netball and a 2 week finals series, That way you could pull some players from TDFL/Hume etc then release those players after the carnival to go and play for there TDFL/Hume league club. Gives some football in the area, Eliminates the issue surrounding player shortage, Low cost as minimal games played, Will lift the standard and would generate some interest when there is not much else on apart from boring old Cricket...Just a thought.

I agree. This is where I think that the realisation that a merger was imperative will really hit home.
Massive disappointment the merger didn't happen, as usual small minded local thinking. My tip is in 5 years time they'll be no football left and a bunch of whinging old netballers complaining they don't have a club to play for.:mad:

Massive disappointment the merger didn't happen, as usual small minded local thinking. My tip is in 5 years time they'll be no football left and a bunch of whinging old netballers complaining they don't have a club to play for.:mad:
Totally agree. Clearly they are a proud bunch but it doesn’t take a rocket scientist to tell you that some clubs forfeiting at senior level, no reserve grade, juniors playing with minimal number etc that there isn’t a long term future and I actually think the decision to continue in the current form is selfish because it will be to the detriment of footy in the Upper Murray.

Totally agree. Clearly they are a proud bunch but it doesn’t take a rocket scientist to tell you that some clubs forfeiting at senior level, no reserve grade, juniors playing with minimal number etc that there isn’t a long term future and I actually think the decision to continue in the current form is selfish because it will be to the detriment of footy in the Upper Murray.
100% agree with the sentiments on here. I just don’t know where we go from here. Do locals who supported the one vision club keep supporting their current club? Do we all just wait for the league to collapse and say I told you so? Or does the league get a new lease on life with some new ideas after staring extinction in the face? So many questions..

my opinion was that it would have been the perfect time to transition into something that would have been exiting for the next generation.

100% agree with the sentiments on here. I just don’t know where we go from here. Do locals who supported the one vision club keep supporting their current club? Do we all just wait for the league to collapse and say I told you so? Or does the league get a new lease on life with some new ideas after staring extinction in the face? So many questions..

my opinion was that it would have been the perfect time to transition into something that would have been exiting for the next generation.
Big Roy taking on the job again Old Kenny

No idea rip.

Obviously Feds were committed to the one vision model so we’re back to the drawing board in terms of commitment to the league next year.
Any. chance that you’ll be merging with Corryong Kenny? Maybe merge with Walwa and get a very strong club if the does eventually fold 🤷‍♂️

Last edited:
Any. chance that you’ll be merging with Corryong Kenny? Maybe merge with Wales and get a very strong club if the does eventually fold 🤷‍♂️
Can’t see it happening imo Johnny. But I could be wrong. Corryong are an interesting one. They were genuinely 50/50 on the proposal from what I’ve heard. Could be a fairly divided club going into next season with some lifetime supporters fully behind one vision.

Last edited:
Can’t see it happening imo Johnny. But I could be wrong. Corryong are an interesting one. They were genuinely 50/50 on the proposal from what I’ve heard. Could be a fairly divided club going into next season with some lifetime supporters fully behind one vision.
Am I right in reading the BM article and saying you guys were the only Club 100% behind the Merger Old Kenny?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sam Cross will be a handy inclusion for the Demons next year. Good to see a local heading back to his home club.

big chance a few more might jump in the car with him on a Saturday. His mate Matt Mowler loves the area so wouldn’t be surprised if he sneaks a few games in.

Sam Cross will be a handy inclusion for the Demons next year. Good to see a local heading back to his home club.

big chance a few more might jump in the car with him on a Saturday. His mate Matt Mowler loves the area so wouldn’t be surprised if he sneaks a few games in.

Matthew linked too my Club the Murray magpies
Good friendz josh and Daniel Maher coming back home

go Maggies

So your club is the Murray Magpies and your name is the Murray Maggots #1 fan...? Interesting support tactic, You must love the club.
Piss of Relton Roberts ... go back to Wallla you piece of S H I T

I bloody love the maggots and you won’t be laughing When Big Matty Mowler kicks bags and bags for the maggots

Piss of Relton Roberts ... go back to Wallla you piece of S H I T

I bloody love the maggots and you won’t be laughing When Big Matty Mowler kicks bags and bags for the maggots

I’m not sure the Maggots could afford Mowler, the court house hotel are throwing in a Chubb of Devon after every home game.

I’m not sure the Maggots could afford Mowler, the court house hotel are throwing in a Chubb of Devon after every home game.
Better make it 3
Mowler can put away the food it looks

bit bigger than the hay day for Fowler
But still strong and big kick. We can get him work at teddy miller sports as well if need

will be good for us...
Go Maggie’s

Remove this Banner Ad

Back