Upper Murray Football League 2013

Remove this Banner Ad

Well the first semi is over with Feds going down to Bullioh on Saturday.Both sides going into the game with players out but bulliohs dept abit better than feds which played a major roll in getting them over the line.The two players that nearly brought tumba undone afew weeks ago in Welsh an Gigliotti were the chief destroyers on Saturday, Welsh easily best on ground for bullioh and B.Tyrell for feds.
Here is the team of the year picked by the league coaches.
B.J.Carkeet[cud] M.Parr [t] A.Hansen[c]
H.B. A.Williams[f] C.Reid T.Fenton
C.J.Batty[w] E.Nicholas[c] J.Schliebs
H.F. C.Butters[w] M.Molk[t] S.McIntosh[t]
F. Gigliotti M.Jones[f] N.Molk[t]
FOLL-Bannister Barnes[t] Aalbers[cud]
INTER- J.Jarvis[f] M.Pineapples[cud] A.Reid[c]

Can someone tell me how a team can go through a season undefeated and only get 5 players in the team of the year, so here is my team of the year.
B-Aalbers[cud] M.Parr[t] J.Carkeet[cud]

H.B.-E.Nicholas[c] Parr[t] J.Hindmarsh[t]

C.J.Schliebs Barnes[t] A.Williams[f]

H.F.-J.Jarvis[f] C.Butters[w] M.Sheppard[t]

F.Graeber[c] M.Molk[t] Gigliotti

FOLL- N.Molk[t] K.Bailey S.McIntosh[t]

INTER-C.McIntosh[t] J.Bailey[cud] C.Tyrell[f] W.McPherson[t]

COACH-S.McIntosh[t] CAPT-C.Butters
cheers max

Hey Maxi,

Welcome back. I know you said a few weeks ago it would be Bullioh V Tumba in the GF. I honestly thought Feds would have the goods, but reading the BM in regards to the amount of players out it is not surprising. Looking at the match stats again the 3rd Quarter was Bullioh's strongest and that is something that Tumba will need to look at given their past performances. In saying that the way that this year has gone in relation to the other sides who knows what Corryong could do?

I am also surprised in relation to the Coaches pick for the UMFL team of the year! - can't have too many woodgrubs in it can we!

Demonroo bullioh are in with a chance but i think they need to get over a few injuries but have two weeks to get that sorted out.Well done to all the players that won their grades league medal in footy an netball.Just on the team of the year the coaches submit a team each but aren't allowed to pick players from their own clubs,they are then forwarded on to the league who then decide[joke] and while on it put presentation night back to saturday night instead of sunday afternoon.max

Hey Maxi,

Welcome back. I know you said a few weeks ago it would be Bullioh V Tumba in the GF. I honestly thought Feds would have the goods, but reading the BM in regards to the amount of players out it is not surprising. Looking at the match stats again the 3rd Quarter was Bullioh's strongest and that is something that Tumba will need to look at given their past performances. In saying that the way that this year has gone in relation to the other sides who knows what Corryong could do?

I am also surprised in relation to the Coaches pick for the UMFL team of the year! - can't have too many woodgrubs in it can we!
Yeah mate we had a pretty rough time with injuries all year. H Tyrrell smedley jones brunemeyer all missed a lot of games. But thems the breaks and that's footy. Also it was announced after the game that Tyrrell would be stepping down and that Scott Brunemeyer has taken on the job for next year. Personally think he will do well. Talks with passion and is a good hard at it footballer. Will be barracking for tumba and anyone who plays Bullioh(even the dees).

Well i'm just about sick of the rain so hopefully the sun will be shinning in tumba come Saturday.Tumba playing in all grades, should get at least two sides through to G.F..I think the ressies an seniors will be alot closer than we think.
Tumba ressies by 13pts
Tumba seniors by 5pts

Well i'm just about sick of the rain so hopefully the sun will be shinning in tumba come Saturday.Tumba playing in all grades, should get at least two sides through to G.F..I think the ressies an seniors will be alot closer than we think.
Tumba ressies by 13pts
Tumba seniors by 5pts

Referee,

I agree I think it will be closer than some may think. Corry have played well against Tumba in the game rounds - we all know how finals footy lifts a team. Corryong will want to try and get 2 premierships in 2years in the ressies and no doubt the 'holy grail' in the firsts. I reckon that the Tumba coach will get the boys firing and he is under no illusion how tough it will be. Tumba will need to get overe their '3rd quarter hoodoo'

Tumba ressies by 3 points.
Tumba seniors by 5 goals.

I will be wearing a Roos shirt see you there!

Well done to tumba U16, Corry ressies and tumba seniors on advancing to the Grand Final in two weeks.
Yesterdays senior game wasn't much of a game to watch skill wise considering the condition of the ground and how the game was umpired after half time, players from both sides were alittle confused why players were getting free-kicks that weren't there.Best players for Tumba i thought were Burgess, Barnes,Howarth, N.Molk, Hindmarsh, and best on ground was M.Parr. Corryongs best were E.Nicholas, Cass, Harris, Graebar, and best on ground for Corry was A.Hansen.They will meet Bullioh next week on their home ground but they need to bring back into there senior team Jono Green, was very surprised to see him running around in the ressies yesterday.If corry do advance to the G.F. next week i would play Evan on a halfback flank against Tumba.max

Well done to tumba U16, Corry ressies and tumba seniors on advancing to the Grand Final in two weeks.
Yesterdays senior game wasn't much of a game to watch skill wise considering the condition of the ground and how the game was umpired after half time, players from both sides were alittle confused why players were getting free-kicks that weren't there.Best players for Tumba i thought were Burgess, Barnes,Howarth, N.Molk, Hindmarsh, and best on ground was M.Parr. Corryongs best were E.Nicholas, Cass, Harris, Graebar, and best on ground for Corry was A.Hansen.They will meet Bullioh next week on their home ground but they need to bring back into there senior team Jono Green, was very surprised to see him running around in the ressies yesterday.If corry do advance to the G.F. next week i would play Evan on a halfback flank against Tumba.max

Hay Maxie,

What was the outcome with Barnes at tthe tribunal:(

1st
Bullioh 10pt(unfortunately I hate to say it)

2nd's
Tumba 7gls... should of had a wake up call with last weeks lost.

Goodluck everyone

Prelim this week between Corryong/ Bullioh could go either way. I think Corryong mite just get over the line by 13pts.
Ressies i think Tumba by 9pts.
Chopper what about Barnes have you heard, would be a big lost

Blue2012 there is your answer, good to see him get off didn't think there was much in it anyway.
Seniors tomorrow i agree with little joe could go either way, but i think if Bullioh put there best team out they will have to take some players into the game with injuries hanging over them.For Corryong to win they will have to put 4 solid quarters together if they want to get over the line.M.Harris on Gillotti Cass on Welsh and don't let Mark Nichols be by himself. Hard choice but i think Bullioh by 3pts.
Tumba to bounce back in the ressies by 17pts

Blue2012 there is your answer, good to see him get off didn't think there was much in it anyway.
Seniors tomorrow i agree with little joe could go either way, but i think if Bullioh put there best team out they will have to take some players into the game with injuries hanging over them.For Corryong to win they will have to put 4 solid quarters together if they want to get over the line.M.Harris on Gillotti Cass on Welsh and don't let Mark Nichols be by himself. Hard choice but i think Bullioh by 3pts.
Tumba to bounce back in the ressies by 17pts

Dees to beat bullioh by 3 goals
Tumba to bt Feds by 17 points

Good luck in all grades, glad to see Barnes in Gf, he deserves it along with the rest of the boys!

Well Bullioh advance to the Grand Final against Tumba next week .
Corry/Bullioh game came down to the last quarter with Bullioh getting over the line by 11pts.
Even though Corryong went down they had a great year so well done to their coach and Football Club and supporters

Chopper,
How can you say corryong had a good year?? They spent a lot of money on there coach and recruits finished 2nd on the ladder and go out in straight sets?? To me that means not a good year! Just my thoughts

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Chopper,
How can you say corryong had a good year?? They spent a lot of money on there coach and recruits finished 2nd on the ladder and go out in straight sets?? To me that means not a good year! Just my thoughts

Allforfooty, Corryong finished 4th lost prelim 2012, this year lost a big coupe of players but managed to finish 2nd and lost elimination final so thats better than last year so thats a good year in my eyes.
Coach (Reidy)has done a great job, better to spend a few bob recruit well and have the club stay strong and competitive.

Bulliohs last few seasons gives them plenty experience to be a huge worry come Saturday, but Im with Tumba to knock the crap out of the filthy scum bags.

Seniors Tumba 29pt
Res. Tumba 14pt

Allforfooty, Corryong finished 4th lost prelim 2012, this year lost a big coupe of players but managed to finish 2nd and lost elimination final so thats better than last year so thats a good year in my eyes.
Coach (Reidy)has done a great job, better to spend a few bob recruit well and have the club stay strong and competitive.

Bulliohs last few seasons gives them plenty experience to be a huge worry come Saturday, but Im with Tumba to knock the crap out of the filthy scum bags.

Seniors Tumba 29pt
Res. Tumba 14pt

I agree BP, I reckon it will be close in both grades on Saturday. I am hoping for a dry track but according to the weather report at this stage it may be raining!. If thats the case I am going to get down there early and put up an open tent and if any of you bloggers would to get under it and have a few ales, please do so. Probaly be 4 or 5 cars down from the Tumba interchange. BASHA your not invited BUT please turn up as I am sure there are a few boys who want to say hello to you in person!!

Tumba to beat Filth by 3 goals
Tumba to beat Corryong by 13 points

I agree BP, I reckon it will be close in both grades on Saturday. I am hoping for a dry track but according to the weather report at this stage it may be raining!. If thats the case I am going to get down there early and put up an open tent and if any of you bloggers would to get under it and have a few ales, please do so. Probaly be 4 or 5 cars down from the Tumba interchange. BASHA your not invited BUT please turn up as I am sure there are a few boys who want to say hello to you in person!!

Tumba to beat Filth by 3 goals
Tumba to beat Corryong by 13 points

DemonRoo hope your right but I'm going with upset of the year?

1st Bullioh 5pts

Roo Magoo's 3gls

TIPS THIS WEEK
TUMBA BY 21PTS OVER BULLIOH
TUMBA BY 27PTS OVER CORRYONG[RESSIES]
M.SHEPPERD V.C.F. L. MEDAL
ALL THE BEST EVERYONE
MAX

My only prediction is Laurie Hannon to win the "Tim Kite" BEST OFF THE GROUND medal.
My tips for the g/f are:
Tumba in the seniors by 30, VCFL Medal Stephen Barnes.

Reserves Corryong by 10 points, VCFL Medal Todd Pannach (plus a 3 day bender:p)

My tip for TK he'll jump the fence near the cricket nets to save $10 :D

Well guys the season is now over with Tumba taking home 3 grand finals in footy out of 4.Crowd was down on last year but a great day for all those who went up to watch.Tumba set the win up in the first quarter with a 7gls to 1gl, the next 3quarters there wasn't much in it with tumba getting out to a 8gl lead in the last quarter with Bullioh kicking 3-4gls late in the quarter to go down by 33pts.Bullioh just didn't have a key forward.
Gigliotti an Welsh were both well held by there opponents and their other players were in an out of the game.Bulliohs ruckman should not of been picked to play due to been injured would of been better off with Ben Gigliotti in the side.Best players for Bullioh were Chris Starr, Bailey, Nichols, Reid.
Congrats to Shane McIntosh on a great season and hopefully the wagga boys will return for another season.The V.C.F.L. Medal i think came down to 3 players in M.Shepperd ,J.Hindmarsh and N.Molkinten so if anyone knows who won it just let me know.WELL DONE TUMBA. Max

Well guys the season is now over with Tumba taking home 3 grand finals in footy out of 4.Crowd was down on last year but a great day for all those who went up to watch.Tumba set the win up in the first quarter with a 7gls to 1gl, the next 3quarters there wasn't much in it with tumba getting out to a 8gl lead in the last quarter with Bullioh kicking 3-4gls late in the quarter to go down by 33pts.Bullioh just didn't have a key forward.
Gigliotti an Welsh were both well held by there opponents and their other players were in an out of the game.Bulliohs ruckman should not of been picked to play due to been injured would of been better off with Ben Gigliotti in the side.Best players for Bullioh were Chris Starr, Bailey, Nichols, Reid.
Congrats to Shane McIntosh on a great season and hopefully the wagga boys will return for another season.The V.C.F.L. Medal i think came down to 3 players in M.Shepperd ,J.Hindmarsh and N.Molkinten so if anyone knows who won it just let me know.WELL DONE TUMBA. Max

Well Bloggers, another year in UMFL is done and dusted and this is my last post:

Congratulations to the Roo Boys in all grades and especially in seniors. I am not sure if we will see them so strong in 2014, my mail is that several of the Wagga boys have been offered more incentative to return to wagga - and will leave. I guess we will see, I am sure that the coach will have a counter plan!!

Seeing most of them at 9.00am on Sunday morning around a fire at the Tumba sports ground, I am not sure they would remember too much about the night before, what I can say it was masive and the Tumba Bowling Club was rocking!!

Congratulations to the other teams for working making things competative and special thanks to Walwa for sticking in there with some gutsy work when others may have let things slide. Walwa is an old club in the league and hopefully their legacy can be carried on in 2014!!

Finally to all you bloggers thanks for a good year of blogging and all the best for 2013, see you on the other side - D/R

Big coaching appointment on the back page of the border today. Its a wonder they didn't mention Black Caviar. Also heard walwa signed a guy from Holbrook and Cudgie had offered Aalbers their top job. Let's get the rumor mill cranking hey.

Righto blokes what's the news with the recruiting for the season ahead? Wouldn't think deery would be back if he didn't have something up his sleeve. Fraser? McEvoy? Walwa have a coach? Bullion?

Righto blokes what's the news with the recruiting for the season ahead? Wouldn't think deery would be back if he didn't have something up his sleeve. Fraser? McEvoy? Walwa have a coach? Bullion?

Looks like my mail was right in relation to Tumba. They have lost:

Shane Macintosh;
Chas Macintosh;
Marc Sheppard.
Aaron Hallcroft
One of the Parr Boys.

Good to luck to them they travelled for two years and covered alot of km's, did the town proud!! Tumba's loss but Marrah is going to be strong in 2014, especially when they combine with Higginson!

Looks like my mail was right in relation to Tumba. They have lost:

Shane Macintosh;
Chas Macintosh;
Marc Sheppard.
Aaron Hallcroft
One of the Parr Boys.

Good to luck to them they travelled for two years and covered alot of km's, did the town proud!! Tumba's loss but Marrah is going to be strong in 2014, especially when they combine with Higginson!

Demonroo thats footy players come and go but yeah well done on their efforts.
Old Kenny ??? Walwa has new coach and bringing 8 or more new players with him I hear(no big names).. Goodluck Walwa..!!!
Bullioh:: what Peter Dean brings to the table as a coach will be interesting:confused:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back