Upper Murray Football League 2013

Remove this Banner Ad

Thoughts on todays border mail?

Bullioh- no gains ?? Saving their clearances till a week before round 1? Or screwed?
Corryong- I hear bill daly hasn't even committed. Huge gains but how many are 2's players?
Cudgewa- might strengthen up from last year so could be dangerous
Tumba- quiet obviously the team to beat
Feds- no write up or gain regarding Matt jones, he will kick a bag if Feds actually recruit someone to kick it to him
Border Walwa- I wish them well

Round one is fast approaching .....

Thoughts on todays border mail?

Bullioh- no gains ?? Saving their clearances till a week before round 1? Or screwed?
Corryong- I hear bill daly hasn't even committed. Huge gains but how many are 2's players?
Cudgewa- might strengthen up from last year so could be dangerous
Tumba- quiet obviously the team to beat
Feds- no write up or gain regarding Matt jones, he will kick a bag if Feds actually recruit someone to kick it to him
Border Walwa- I wish them well

Round one is fast approaching .....

Month to go could see some make or break clearances come in now.
Watched Federals/Murray Magpies last night and all I can tell you is they are S#@t, Go back to Auskick and learn basic skills.

Matt Jones that name rings a bell???

Watched Federals/Murray Magpies last night and all I can tell you is they are S#@t, Go back to Auskick and learn basic skills.

If you were there last nite you might have noticed him. Kicked 4 in a half of footy. Apparently went to auskick as a kid.

Blue was there last night as well i did back M.Magpies in a close one only due to a certain player playing for them,he was wearing number 31.Iwouldn't go as far as saying they are s**t,did you see the first game not much difference in standard.
Matt Jones will give feds a target to kick to in there forward line there biggest problem is C.H.B. Personally i would play SMEDS there with Sinclair and Williams on B.F. ROTATING with J Jarvis in the mid-field.Blue every side will have a weak spot, it's going to be upto the coaches to find that weak link and expose it just like Tumba did in the G.F. last season and that was your coach didn't make the changes to counter-act what Tumba did in the second half but that's water under the bridge now.Aalbers will be a very good pick-up for you guys hopefully he is not injury prone like some recruits.max

If you were there last nite you might have noticed him. Kicked 4 in a half of footy. Apparently went to auskick as a kid.

Watch enough Old Kenny and if he is any good he should of kicked a few as it looked like most reserve grade was playing.
If any ask who ate all the pies we wouldnt have to look far if Feds are around.:p

Magpies by 10pt I think
I'm hearing Bullioh have a few recruits from TDFL but no names mentioned.

Matt Jones hasn't played for awhile and yes can play and kick a few. Has played for Mitta , Rand/ Walbundrie and Federals. They only question is his hamstrings? But a very solid unit.

Top 3 will be close and the rest can fight it out. Tumba, Cudgy and Corryong just. Stuff Bullioh !!!

Matt Jones hasn't played for awhile and yes can play and kick a few. Has played for Mitta , Rand/ Walbundrie and Federals. They only question is his hamstrings? But a very solid unit.

Top 3 will be close and the rest can fight it out. Tumba, Cudgy and Corryong just. Stuff Bullioh !!!
vfl park tumba on top cudgie to fight bullioh for second and feds to fight corryong for 4th but our thoughts could change after rd5 and when clearances close

vfl park tumba on top cudgie to fight bullioh for second and feds to fight corryong for 4th but our thoughts could change after rd5 and when clearances close

Ref. Ain't that how the league finished last year in that order?

Any news on Border getting players

Bulldogs clearances rolling in on the UMFL website. We all knew they would come. Some very handy players there but they have lost a few good ones too. Anyone know if Hickey is staying? Loves being a big fish in a little pond that bloke. How's Walwa traveling?

Bulldogs clearances rolling in on the UMFL website. We all knew they would come. Some very handy players there but they have lost a few good ones too. Anyone know if Hickey is staying? Loves being a big fish in a little pond that bloke. How's Walwa traveling?

Straight off the spud farm this lot:) :thumbsu: Jacob Schiliebs can kick a few but the rest couldnt kick over a jam tin

Havnt heard anything on walwa however have heard the big fish is staying in the little pond, any clubs other than Feds had prac matches?

Tumbarumba take home Cornell Memorial Shield

By ANTHONY CINI

March 27, 2013, 4 a.m.
DESPITE losing their trial game by almost 50 points against Tumbarumba, the Dubbo Demons remain confident of success with the return of their more experienced players once the regular season begins.
Defence was definitely one of the stronger points in the trial game against the Kangaroos on Saturday and Dubbo's back-line was "quite good", according to senior coach Kim Woodman.
Tumbarumba came with a relatively strong outfit and had seven players from their 2012 first-grade team play in the twilight game at South Dubbo Oval.
"During the game I spoke to the Tumbarumba coach and he told me who the players were and we could see how strong they were on the field," Woodman said.
"Our back-line played well but it was our mid-fielders who needed to improve their fitness and skills."
Shaun Coyle, he said, was good in the back line, David Batten as a half-back flank and Mick Daly as center half-back.
"Our back six played consistently throughout the game.
"Tumbarumba had a strong line-up. They were above us in terms of two goals ahead of each quarter. In the end we were down by eight goals and lost by 48 points," Woodman said.
The Kangaroos kicked 12 goals to Dubbo's five.
Print Story

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hi all,I have been reading with some interest about this hardnut that will be playing in the UMFL this year,FEDS better have a get out of jail free card for him when they play THE SCUM.

Hi all,I have been reading with some interest about this hardnut that will be playing in the UMFL this year,FEDS better have a get out of jail free card for him when they play THE SCUM.

Tiger the SCUM will have their camera's rolling on this "hard nut" his time will be limited in UMFL.

When does all the real mecoy start like the Ins and Outs for team of the Ranga's.

Well Girl's,
I am sick and tired of you blokes having a go at us, give us some respect Bullioh has been the most sucessful club in the last 10 years and youse cant handle it. We have some recruits coming in and we will be in the GF in 2013!! later chumps

Well Girl's,
I am sick and tired of you blokes having a go at us, give us some respect Bullioh has been the most sucessful club in the last 10 years and youse cant handle it. We have some recruits coming in and we will be in the GF in 2013!! later chumps

Good to see finally someone from Bullioh get on here, and you want respect mate, well there are a few things I am sure every supporter of the Upper Murray respects Bullioh for:
  1. Bringing the standard of the Upper Murray closer to that of other leagues with guns like Hickey, Curran etc.
  2. Finally getting a junior system up and running last year, a massive congrats
  3. Keeping the same core of premiership players together and the amount of flags won in a short period of time.
This is what p*sses everyone off and why everyone has a crack at Bullioh:

1. Your facilities are amongst the worst in Victoria (yes we know this is apparantly changing)
  2. The brand of thug football your team plays (Josh Mansell incidents perfect example)
  3. To some, the clearance deadline debate
So "chump" have some humility in your clubs success and maybe the rest of the league will see you blokes in the same way we see the current premiers.

Good to see finally someone from Bullioh get on here, and you want respect mate, well there are a few things I am sure every supporter of the Upper Murray respects Bullioh for:
  1. Bringing the standard of the Upper Murray closer to that of other leagues with guns like Hickey, Curran etc.
  2. Finally getting a junior system up and running last year, a massive congrats
  3. Keeping the same core of premiership players together and the amount of flags won in a short period of time.
This is what p*sses everyone off and why everyone has a crack at Bullioh:

1. Your facilities are amongst the worst in Victoria (yes we know this is apparantly changing)
  2. The brand of thug football your team plays (Josh Mansell incidents perfect example)
  3. To some, the clearance deadline debate
So "chump" have some humility in your clubs success and maybe the rest of the league will see you blokes in the same way we see the current premiers.

Nicely put home homebake, Bullioh definately came into the UMFL when needed and no-one be-grudges them about that or their sucess. Its the way that you hold that sucess and present yourself after it. I was at the GF last year and the Bullioh Coach told me 'we should have been here this year etc etc' not congrats to Cudgie and Tumba for getting there!! its that cockyness no-one likes and it seems to be built into their club from the top down.

Well Girl's,

Want a tissue num nuts?

We have some recruits coming in and we will be in the GF in 2013!! later chumps
No doubt a young fella answering only to the name of 'Hicksy' will be the pick of the recruits. Silky smooth skills and likely the fittest man in the league.;) P.S. Is there actual renovation plans for the facilities at Bullioh?

No doubt a young fella answering only to the name of 'Hicksy' will be the pick of the recruits. Silky smooth skills and likely the fittest man in the league.;) P.S. Is there actual renovation plans for the facilities at Bullioh?

BIGGER PIE OVEN:p will be the only renovations

Well guys only a week away from the season starting so here are my tips for first round
Tumba by 7gls over Corryong
Bullioh by 10gls over B/W
The hardest game to tip is Feds/Cudgie game.I'm going to tip Feds in a close one by 9pts only because it's played at Corryong so i've been told.max

Remove this Banner Ad

Back