Upper Murray Football League 2013

Remove this Banner Ad

Rd 6 starts this week here are my tips
Bullioh travel to Walwa.I don't think bullioh will blow them away,just watching them last week if walwa still had Jenkens, Hayes, Adam an Kiel Hunt and Wilson i think they would be rite up there with Corryong, Feds and Bullioh.They just need to use this season as a launching pad for next season keep the players they have and add about 10 recruits,they don't have to be champions just blokes who want to play footy.Bullioh by 7gls.
Tumba take on Corryong at their ground,i don't believe in home ground advantages.With both clubs looking like they could go into this game without their key forwards in M.Molk an B.Daley other players like Reid for corryong C.McIntosh

for tumba really have to make their present felt.Tumba's backline could be tested this week if the Parr boys are still out but over all i think tumba should come away with a win 45pts
Now for the last game Cudgie v Feds at cudgie. For feds to win they need to get the ball into Jones as quick as they can he is very good one on one play Smeds at C.H.B. at the start to see how the game is unfolding they also need to keep tabs on Bailey Aalbers Hewitt and Pineapples.Feds by 21pts
max

Tumba to beat Corryong by 7 goals, it sounds like both teams will have a couple of players missing which will show what depth both clubs have. I reckon that there might be a re-shuffle in the Roo's line-up with Lane and Jackson coming into the team plus other stars from last year like Hallcroft, Rynehart and Fraumeni to step up. I am tipping Bluey Cameron to have a big game for Tumba as well.

Bullioh to beat Walwa by 10 goals and bounce back after last week's loss, I am sure that there will be some serious shower moments when the dogs do win, with the Basha scrubbing their backs. Well done to the magpies for sticking in there each week and hopefully they can get a win or two before the end of the season. Cudgie to beat Feds in a close one if they can shut down Jones who is a kicking machine. I do believe in home ground advantage and crowd support and I reckon it will be the blues by 3 goals.

TIPS THIS WEEK
Corryong by 13pts over Tumba
Bullioh by 11gls over Walwa
Cudgie by 7pts over Feds
Demonroo is that Jackson who coached the ressies last season if so you mite need to scrub his back lol

Now that i've seen all clubs play i will revise how i think the ladder will finish
Tumba to finish on top they are the most evenly balanced side in the comp,have a very strong half backline and there forward line would have to be the best going around at the moment.
Second spot will go to Corryong much improved side,have recruited well wouldn't be surprised to see another late signing before the end of June.If they get a few injuries in the next 5rds could change where they finish.
Third spot should go to Feds from what i saw out at Cudgie.They played a real good running game and looked much better with W.Sinclair playing off H.B. ,Joneys just had to much body strength for his opponent and having Cam Tyrell down in the forward line is just a bonus to feds,but just like Corry injuries in the next 5 games could hurt them.Depth in both these clubs is a concern but feds are holding an ace in their ressies if they can convince him to play seniors.In my first year in the upper murray i rated this guy the hardest bloke to match-up on.
Fourth spot should go to Bullioh but could jump a spot if any of the above two clubs cop injuries
Fifth spot to go to Cudgie they are just hot an cold can beat sides above them when they play to their strengths but when you put Neddy Hewitt at F.F. WHAT A WASTE of a player[was he injured].Need to get at least 3 wins in the next 4rds if they want to play finials.Would look at bringing their young ruckman up from the ressies when they play Walwa
Sixth spot Walwa might not have the score on the board but to me they are winners,they are fielding 2 sides every week which is good for the comp i expect them to be the big improvers next season
max

Fifth spot to go to Cudgie they are just hot an cold can beat sides above them when they play to their strengths but when you put Neddy Hewitt at F.F. WHAT A WASTE of a player[was he injured].Need to get at least 3 wins in the next 4rds if they want to play finials.Would look at bringing their young ruckman up from the ressies when they play Walwa
Hey Chop I wouldnt say Cudgy are dead certs to finish 5th after last weeks performance. Word is Piltz and Deery won't play at all this year, Clevan is a week to week proposition as is McPherson and the blues have little to no depth. An opinion on this REF?:rolleyes: Walwa are only improving and surely they'll take a scalp or 2 this year and its most likely to be Cudgys. As for your predictions for the top 4 I'd be waiting til clearance deadline cause i'm tipping Bullioh to be the smokey with either Feds or Corryong dropping back to 4th, its Tumba's flag to lose at this stage of the season.:eek:

last few weeks of clearances so this will sort all the bullshit out??

Roos
Dogs
Fed

Yep agree,

Clearances are still coming in and Walwa signing a few extra which is good. I see that Feds have signed the Eames brothers from the Brookers, I have heard that Patrick is quick across the ground. Anyway my tips for this round:

Tumba by 5 goals;
Feds by 16 goals with Dr Jones to kick 10+ (yep I know big call, but he's in form)
Corryong to beat the Dogs

TIPS
Tumba at home 8gls over Cudgie
Feds by 9gls over Walwa
Bullioh by 17pts over Corryong only because it is at Bullioh[hope i'm wrong]

Yep agree,

Clearances are still coming in and Walwa signing a few extra which is good. I see that Feds have signed the Eames brothers from the Brookers, I have heard that Patrick is quick across the ground. Anyway my tips for this round:

Tumba by 5 goals;
Feds by 16 goals with Dr Jones to kick 10+ (yep I know big call, but he's in form)
Corryong to beat the Dogs

Good to see Walwa still picking a few up.
Hey Bullioh Basher nice little aticle in the border about the awesome new jumpers. Why didnt you guys save the coin and fix your rooms !!!!
Feds could be the smokey with DR JONES doing it up forward. Let's hope he doesn't do a hammy ??
Blues don't have much depth but if they upset a few more games it would be a great effort. Just waiting on Super Wog to return !!

TIPS
Tumba at home 8gls over Cudgie
Feds by 9gls over Walwa
Bullioh by 17pts over Corryong only because it is at Bullioh[hope i'm wrong]

Top result for Walwa who only went down by 4 goals to Feds. The Magpies are still recruiting and I wouldn't be surprised to see if they cause some upsets in the next 6 weeks. I also see that Feds have recruited another one from Walla (there mustn't be too many left there) and one from Henty!!,

Well done to the Demons for knocking over Bullioh, they must hate being 4th spot at present!! I would expect them to recruit in the next few weeks and before deadline and WTF is the Basha? geez he's been laying low - Tiger, you must have scared him off!!:thumbsu:

The Tumba juggernaut is still rolling on, they had one of the Parr boys out yesterday but had the cattle to cover him, I reckon you know when a club is doing well when you look at where the 2nd's sit. Even though Corryong has got the closest so far I still have Feds in my mind as the team they need to beat again. Does Tumba need a couple of losses before finals to avoid complacency? what do you think?

I reckon that if the UMFL had an interleague side this year they would have been competitive against Hume and TDFL? your thoughts gents?

Good to see corryong beat bullioh! it was a hard fought battle for the ressies and the seniors but they both came out on top, Corryongs smaller players didnt for them, Dave and Adam hansen, Evan and Cody edwards just keep going all day which got them through!

Walwa must have improved alot of feds just aren't a wet wheather team, but good to see walwa trying hard and they might upset a team or two before the year is out, who knows!

And tumba, did what everyone expected and shows everyone every week why they are they flag faves!

Top result for Walwa who only went down by 4 goals to Feds. The Magpies are still recruiting and I wouldn't be surprised to see if they cause some upsets in the next 6 weeks. I also see that Feds have recruited another one from Walla (there mustn't be too many left there) and one from Henty!!,

Well done to the Demons for knocking over Bullioh, they must hate being 4th spot at present!! I would expect them to recruit in the next few weeks and before deadline and WTF is the Basha? geez he's been laying low - Tiger, you must have scared him off!!:thumbsu:

The Tumba juggernaut is still rolling on, they had one of the Parr boys out yesterday but had the cattle to cover him, I reckon you know when a club is doing well when you look at where the 2nd's sit. Even though Corryong has got the closest so far I still have Feds in my mind as the team they need to beat again. Does Tumba need a couple of losses before finals to avoid complacency? what do you think?

I reckon that if the UMFL had an interleague side this year they would have been competitive against Hume and TDFL? your thoughts gents?

Demonroo,

Seriously UMFL is a long way off being competitive as most star recruits in this league are just hacks in the likes of Hume & TDFL.

Its getting cold in Tumba hope snuggles with your mum at night is keeping you warm:p

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Demonroo,

Seriously UMFL is a long way off being competitive as most star recruits in this league are just hacks in the likes of Hume & TDFL.

Its getting cold in Tumba hope snuggles with your mum at night is keeping you warm:p

Good to hear from you Blue Boy,

My sister said to say hi too.

Demonroo does tumba need to loose to avoid complacency?.The answer to that question is NO.If there is anyone in that side that believes that then Shane should weed them out[as you said look at their ressies].For any side to go through a season in any league underfeated should be incentive enough for their players as long as they take each game on it's merits and come prepared to play each Saturday and if they do loose learn from it and focus on the next game.Just looking on the team sheet that was submitted they had more than one Parr boy out[other recruits].
Regarding inter-league if the rite combination of players were picked and they all trained twice aweek i believe the U.M.F.L. would give agood account of itself but we have to remember some of these clubs spent $80,000 plus on players[hume TDFL].A game against say Omeo and District each year would be good both leagues have six sides.Playing rep footy is great but as a player the challenge to pit your skills against another player from another league regardless of who wins is what rep footy is about winning it is the bonus.
Will be at Feds/Corry game next after the bye the winner of this game will go along way in locking down second spot.GO TUMBA
max

Regarding inter-league if the rite combination of players were picked and they all trained twice aweek i believe the U.M.F.L. would give agood account of itself but we have to remember some of these clubs spent $80,000 plus on players[hume TDFL].A game against say Omeo and District each year would be good both leagues have six sides.Playing rep footy is great but as a player the challenge to pit your skills against another player from another league regardless of who wins is what rep footy is about winning it is the bonus.
If your coaching the team Maxy no doubt the league is a show. Maybe just join the VCFL championships and start from the bottom and work your way up.:thumbsu:

Demon Roo's tips: Round 8

Tumba to beat Bullioh by 8 goals
Feds to beat Corryong by 4 goals
Walwa to beat Cudgie by 4 goals

tips this week
Tumba by 12gls over Bullioh
Cudgie by 27pts over Walwa
Corryong by 13pts over Feds
Yes Johnny G. cudgie have no depth this season which is really hurting them, but word has it that super-wog is returning so don't count us out just yet he is our diamond in the rough.

My tips:
Bullioh in a upset only just
Feds who I think plays better footy then tumba
Walwa to post it's first win cudge in all sorts of trouble numbers around the club are down even players not turning up after getting drop ( not good form) hope they have started work for next year

tips this week
Tumba by 12gls over Bullioh
Cudgie by 27pts over Walwa
Corryong by 13pts over Feds
Yes Johnny G. cudgie have no depth this season which is really hurting them, but word has it that super-wog is returning so don't count us out just yet he is our diamond in the rough.

Well don't expect big scores this weekend with the wet weather. Let's hope Cudgie get a win and the dogs from the valley lose. What's happened to Bullioh Basher ran out of power in the valley or just waiting for the end of the month to sign a few more..The only depth Super Wog's gunna bring is to the can bar !!! He's to smart to play in the rain.

Tips this week
Tumba by 26pts over Bullioh
Walwa by 9pts over Cudgie
Feds by 7pts over Corryong
Allforfooty do you mean Feds play better footy than Corryong because thats who they are playing this week.Will put my tips for league medal next week from each club.Good to see Tumba will be getting new club rooms for next season great work from their committee , will benefit the whole community.
max

Sorry chopper what I mean is Feds play a better style of footy from what I have seen, I know they haven't beaten them so tumba must just match up well against them, but against other teams Feds play good footy, with wet grounds tomorrow could go either way with all games, with my tips I thought bullioh played at home so might tip tumba and with walwa playing at home the smaller wet ground ground I think we'll suite then more the cudgie

Remove this Banner Ad

Back