Upper Murray Football League 2013

Beer Pig

Debutant
Oct 28, 2012
AFL Club
Fremantle
Even if they get a coach, there have been a s**t load leave Walwa, can they get the cattle to be competative in 2013? I hope so and wish them good luck!!

Best scenario would be recruiting a coach that brings players, like Tumba did.
I think we all wish B/W good luck this will have a major impact on "öur" league.

DEMONROO

Cancelled
Feb 7, 2012
Canberra
AFL Club
GWS
Other Teams
Dubbo Demons
Wayne Edwards he played at nth albury and is probably around forty od now.

If it is this Wayne Edwards - he will bring players with him. He played for Walwa in the early 90's along with a couple of his brothers and the Briggs boys. Maybe Cody Edwards who just put a clearance in to play with Feds will change allegiances too if Wayne gets the job. Can only be good for B/W.

The Toecutter

All Australian
Feb 25, 2007
wodonga
AFL Club
Essendon
If it is this Wayne Edwards - he will bring players with him. He played for Walwa in the early 90's along with a couple of his brothers and the Briggs boys. Maybe Cody Edwards who just put a clearance in to play with Feds will change allegiances too if Wayne gets the job. Can only be good for B/W.
Cody isn't of indigenous background so i dont think he'll be swapping over as he is no relation of the bloke. Good luck to the Maggies in 2013!:thumbsu:

bring back vfl park

Senior List
Jul 17, 2007
Full back is god's country
AFL Club
St Kilda
T
Think u will find Butters is doing the job again at Walwa

Saw Walwa running around at ST Monicas last night . Look very keen and had a few numbers. They still have a bit of time to get a few.
Just wondering which Butters you mean ? I did notice the oldest one pointing and shouting. He might be helping out his bro . But hopefully good signs a head for them.

Reddog Pie

Draftee
Feb 26, 2013
AFL Club
Geelong
As
Saw Walwa running around at ST Monicas last night . Look very keen and had a few numbers. They still have a bit of time to get a few.
Just wondering which Butters you mean ? I did notice the oldest one pointing and shouting. He might be helping out his bro . But hopefully good signs a head for them.

As far as I know both the Butters boys will b sharing the role.

Beer Pig

Debutant
Oct 28, 2012
AFL Club
Fremantle
As

Old Beer pig was on the money as I said back in Dec that Butters will take the reins again. (Goodluck)
Bullioh losing some players but has that B Nichol left??????? 7 WEEKS to go

reggieray

Team Captain
Apr 24, 2007
bum*****idaho
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
(FFC)bulldogs,
As

Well I hope they don't butt heads !!!!! They have alot of experience between them and who knows you might see some old Barny tigers heading that way !!! Have word that M.Butters wanted to coach a few years back at Barny but was pipped by Kim McEhinelly ( he ended up at bullioh last year ) .

Hell alot of guys from Bullioh going tallangatta let feud begin !!! Bullioh must be saving cash for the right time !!

DEMONROO

Cancelled
Feb 7, 2012
Canberra
AFL Club
GWS
Other Teams
Dubbo Demons
Well I hope they don't butt heads !!!!! They have alot of experience between them and who knows you might see some old Barny tigers heading that way !!! Have word that M.Butters wanted to coach a few years back at Barny but was pipped by Kim McEhinelly ( he ended up at bullioh last year ) .

Hell alot of guys from Bullioh going tallangatta let feud begin !!! Bullioh must be saving cash for the right time !!

I agree Reggie, Bullioh will wait for a while for some 'discount bargains' before 30 June, like they do, if it is the case with B/W thats a good outcome!

Blues 4 life

Rookie
Aug 27, 2012
AFL Club
Carlton

Mainly kids leaving Bullioh heading to Tallangatta.
Curran only real senior player leaving so at this stage there is still going to be plenty of video recording going on.

Border have a coach excellent news for the their club and our league, but they will need to recruit heavily and quickly:thumbsu:

HAs every club got new coaches this yearo_O

Chopper69

Team Captain
Dec 22, 2007
Lamington
AFL Club
Collingwood
Good to see Kade Butters take on the job again.If any club takes them lightly this season you mite not get the 4pts.Toecutter all that work i did on the last thread gone because you wanted to start a new one,we do know it was 2013.I surpose where lucky you don't start one after every 5 games:D.Will be going to Tumba v Corry game first rd should be very interesting.max

super_wog

Senior List
Jun 11, 2007
wodonga
AFL Club
Essendon
Interesting to see on the clearance website that Bullioh have denied every player that has put in a clearance? They dont mind raiding clubs mid year but dont like letting them go to easy.....or maybe they still owe money from the pie sale they have each year? Or maybe each player has to hand there camcorders back before they can get cleared. What a shame Peter harvey passed away, he could have hosted the new hit show on CH 9 this year"bullioh's weekly best hits".

Allforfooty

Debutant
Feb 8, 2013
AFL Club
Adelaide
Not sure why so many of you blokes keep knocking bullioh about raiding clubs mid year if you look over there side from the past four/five years these hasn't been much turnover compared to sum other teams.
I think it's just smart recruiting, get half way through the year see what ya need and go get them, I hear that they do a fair bit of work to raise money so why not use it? If other clubs work hard then maybe it mite just work for your club. June 30 is the clearance deadline so why not make the most of it.
Rumours that I've heard: Corryong has no money, cudge has lost a lot of players, Feds hav signed a real hard nut, walwa has signed a former coach, bullioh have recruited well ( just keeping it quiet) and tumba looking likely to add another trophy to the self?? What's your thoughts?

DEMONROO

Cancelled
Feb 7, 2012
Canberra
AFL Club
GWS
Other Teams
Dubbo Demons
Not sure why so many of you blokes keep knocking bullioh about raiding clubs mid year if you look over there side from the past four/five years these hasn't been much turnover compared to sum other teams.
I think it's just smart recruiting, get half way through the year see what ya need and go get them, I hear that they do a fair bit of work to raise money so why not use it? If other clubs work hard then maybe it mite just work for your club. June 30 is the clearance deadline so why not make the most of it.
Rumours that I've heard: Corryong has no money, cudge has lost a lot of players, Feds hav signed a real hard nut, walwa has signed a former coach, bullioh have recruited well ( just keeping it quiet) and tumba looking likely to add another trophy to the self?? What's your thoughts?

Some interesting rumours there, who is the 'real hard nut' Feds have signed? should be interesting when they play Tumba given that Steve Barnes (Roos) is considered by many of his piers as the 'hardest player in the Farrer Football League' for the last few seasons, I hope they play on each other and I get to watch it!!

What work does Bullioh do to raise money for the club? the way I hear it is that they are pretty well bank rolled by a couple of farmers who didn't want to play in TDFL and wanted to 'buy' glory in UMFL!! From my perpective its their s**t attitude and the way in which they have done things in the UMFL!!

Allforfooty

Debutant
Feb 8, 2013
AFL Club
Adelaide
Only rumours though and we all no about rumours.
All I no about the Feds recruit is his name is Scott and his from walla
As for bullioh from what I've heard is they do work wood chopping and spraying on Sundays.
If it is just rumours and the money just come from farmers well even better, if there's no footy on Saturdays alot of those small communities would be gone.

Back