Brownlow Medallist
10k Posts
Jan 8, 2001
On the 'Group W' bench.
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Footscray
Got a call from them today wanting to know if I'm planning on buying a house any time soon. I told them I was and now their senidng out a rep. Aparantly they are the sales arm of an organisation called Mega Homes

Anyone heard of them? What they're like? Reputaion?

Haha, 'Mega Homes'??

Sounds like a McCDonald's beverage sold in Hispanic gang areas.

Appleyard said:
My opinion is that any good builders have more work than they can handle and don't need to telemarket.
You would have to wonder if they are looking for brand recognition and cheaper advertising?

As a side issue to the telemarketing carousel comes an idea from South Australia ( for SA/Adelaide residents only) where you are matched up with a builder by a consultant..for a fee... The idea being that most people look in the paper and pick a builder by reputation and not ability or adaptability.

ie if you are looking for a builder of boutique houses then using a builder who develops terrace housing will not suit your needs. Some builders also charge more than others but because their client base is small you can guarantee the job will be done quicker than say a major builder with 200 houses on the go...this service also puts Business Owners and Industrial Builders together.

To find out more check out the following link ,the consultant is a member of the HIA Committee and is bound by all rules and regulations within the HIA

Let me state that this site is linked to a family member of mine and I have asked permission to post the link, I do not accept any responsibility but provide the link for your own perusal and interest

Local didn't actually state he was building a new home guys, just that he was buying one.

localyokel said:
Got a call from them today wanting to know if I'm planning on buying a house any time soon. I told them I was and now their senidng out a rep. Aparantly they are the sales arm of an organisation called Mega Homes

Anyone heard of them? What they're like? Reputaion?
As long as the rep's name isn't Shelly "The Machine" Levine, I think you'll be ok.

rick James said:
Local didn't actually state he was building a new home guys, just that he was buying one.
And that he received a telemarketing call from a builder and indicated he was interested in the option of buying a newly built house.

PerthCrow said:
You would have to wonder if they are looking for brand recognition and cheaper advertising?

As a side issue to the telemarketing carousel comes an idea from South Australia ( for SA/Adelaide residents only) where you are matched up with a builder by a consultant..for a fee... The idea being that most people look in the paper and pick a builder by reputation and not ability or adaptability.

ie if you are looking for a builder of boutique houses then using a builder who develops terrace housing will not suit your needs. Some builders also charge more than others but because their client base is small you can guarantee the job will be done quicker than say a major builder with 200 houses on the go...this service also puts Business Owners and Industrial Builders together.

To find out more check out the following link ,the consultant is a member of the HIA Committee and is bound by all rules and regulations within the HIA

Let me state that this site is linked to a family member of mine and I have asked permission to post the link, I do not accept any responsibility but provide the link for your own perusal and interest

''And the winner of the SA HIA 2006 Customer Service Award goes to Find-a-Builder''

( SA residents only )

Remove this Banner Ad

Back