Roast Us against Them

Remove this Banner Ad

Love the Drake

Premiership Player
Nov 22, 2013
Mornington peninsula
AFL Club
Carlton
What is it with the ongoing attack against our mighty football club.

Judd comes to carlton - the Visy deal is unethical. Oh and west coast are the winners re josh Kennedy!
Mick comes to carlton - he's too old!
Daisy comes to carlton - he'll never be the player he was, he'll never get over his foot injury, he's paid too much.
We beat Richmond in the final last year(effectively 9th vs 5th) - tigers unlucky/inaccurate.
We lose a couple of early ones and we are done & dusted, no good, must rebuild, s**t game plan, players don't like coach, no good kids!
We lose to Melbourne - the world is coming to an end!
Let's put it in perspective - NONE OF THESE EXPERTS PICKED US TO MAKE TOP 8.
Yet essendon are tipped for top 8 - are currently one game ahead of us, but we have played one less game. That's ok...bomber is really funny at press conferences!
Richmond tipped for top 4 - currently ONE GAME BEHIND US and also lost to Melbourne - but that's ok - they are just in a form slump!
Needed to vent ...I'm so over it. Miss Scotto already!!!!!

Ok. I've had my rant, points taken. I've taken a couple of 'harden up' pills and ready to face the media....I mean world..

Do what I did, and ban yourself from watching footy shows. They just make me angry and defensive. I'm much happier since I stopped torturing myself listening to people's constant negativity.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Do what I did, and ban yourself from watching footy shows. They just make me angry and defensive. I'm much happier since I stopped torturing myself listening to people's constant negativity.

Unless you watched 360 on Monday night knowing Robbo was going to launch into Richmond. Pretty much a cure for everything.

Richmond tipped for top 4 - currently ONE GAME BEHIND US and also lost to Melbourne - but that's ok - they are just in a form slump!

Interesting fact, Richmond haven't had consecutive finals appearances since the 70s. People who tipped them to back up their 2013 season with another strong showing just don't understand the way the Richmond FC goes about their business.

Football in September just isn't looked upon in a favourable light down at Punt Road. No. The first Monday in September is for Mad Monday and September is for end of year footy trips. They don't like breaking traditions down at Punt Road and this along with their coveted 9th finish on the ladder is amongst their longest standing and most treasured.

But hey, at least they got that killer song :thumbsu:

Lets face it we are one of the most succesfull clubs in the games history that pride ourselves on success and premierships.

Heck we even boast about it in our membership slogans "We are coming" & "Can you smell what the blues are cooking?"
Also our famous quote from our president "We are Carlton F*** the rest" (which I love btw)

So of course when we don't deliver the media is going to focus on us and in all honestly I don't mind it, it is better to hear them have discussions about Carlton then listen to them disect boring teams like North Melbourne, doggies etc. Plus some of the venting that goes on in this forum is far worst then the whacks they give us.

Meh.

Nobody gives me more grief then Carlton :cry:

It's up to the club to start changing people's minds and we gain little from drawing comparisons with Essendon and Richmond who are bog ordinary teams with overrated lists.

What is it with the ongoing attack against our mighty football club.

Judd comes to carlton - the Visy deal is unethical. Oh and west coast are the winners re josh Kennedy!
Mick comes to carlton - he's too old!
Daisy comes to carlton - he'll never be the player he was, he'll never get over his foot injury, he's paid too much.
We beat Richmond in the final last year(effectively 9th vs 5th) - tigers unlucky/inaccurate.
We lose a couple of early ones and we are done & dusted, no good, must rebuild, s**t game plan, players don't like coach, no good kids!
We lose to Melbourne - the world is coming to an end!
Let's put it in perspective - NONE OF THESE EXPERTS PICKED US TO MAKE TOP 8.
Yet essendon are tipped for top 8 - are currently one game ahead of us, but we have played one less game. That's ok...bomber is really funny at press conferences!
Needed to vent ...I'm so over it. Miss Scotto already!!!!!

This made me laugh lots!! :thumbsu:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back