US Election 2020: President Biden and VP Harris - The Aftermath (Part 2)

Remove this Banner Ad

Err Trump literally did this, you cretin.

Yay Donnie
Boo Biden

:drunk:
Withdrawing from Afghanistan is fine. The issue is how Chou Bi Dien botched the job. Think of it like emergency surgery, it also needs to be done but there's a big difference between having a competent surgeon do it vs a dementia patient with a carving knife.

Nothing about the collapse of Afghanistan has anything to do with Trump he has been out of office for 8 months. This debacle has been under the full "control" and oversight of the Biden regime.
The collapse was inevitable - your issue is the execution (best not confuse the two).

Nothing about the collapse of Afghanistan has anything to do with Trump he has been out of office for 8 months. This debacle has been under the full "control" and oversight of the Biden regime.

Trump organised the release of Taliban prisoners, one of which is now leading them.

You know this, why still playing dumb? Or are you still larping Maga?

What ever you think of Biden I find it hard to call him spineless on this decision.
Bush presidency created this mess, Obama listened to the generals and maintained
the status quo.
Trump at least took some action, questionable as it was ( execution never been his thing )

Biden just happened to be 'in the gun' when the music stopped. Even in this cluster of
an ending he had the stones to stick to his guns. Getting out is the best thing he has
done in his presidency so far IMO.

I honestly struggle to imagine a more inane argument than "this is Trump's fault for beginning negotiations with the Taliban" versus "this is Biden's fault because he's doing what Trump would've done but worse".

What a perfect outcome for a political class who have shown repeatedly that American actions having disastrous consequences around the world is not a partisan thing.

Hi Maggie if you are going to quote Wikipedia you need to reference them. Anyhoo I'm not surprised to see you supporting this latest obvious failure of leadership by the Biden regime.

In 8 months Joe has;

Lost control of the Mexican border
Lost control of law & order
Lost control of energy supply
Lost control of the economy
And now he has lost control of their military capability.

You forgot he has also lost his cognitive functions.

Sent from my iPad using BigFooty.com

I honestly struggle to imagine a more inane argument than "this is Trump's fault for beginning negotiations with the Taliban" versus "this is Biden's fault because he's doing what Trump would've done but worse".

What a perfect outcome for a political class who have shown repeatedly that American actions having disastrous consequences around the world is not a partisan thing.
Rubbish. The broad strategy of withdrawing was fine and it was going fine. Joe had people falling to their deaths off planes because he is a stupid, weak bumbling idiot.

Withdrawing from Afghanistan is fine. The issue is how Chou Bi Dien botched the job. Think of it like emergency surgery, it also needs to be done but there's a big difference between having a competent surgeon do it vs a dementia patient with a carving knife.

You honestly think Donald really gives a nights sleep over what's going on in Afghanistan?? Or his supporters??? They spent 4 years making a mockery of and demonising anyone who was of Islamic faith and now they want us to believe that they actually care??? Spare me. Lots of hand wringing and political opportunism but genuine care factor is nil. Biden has probably made an error of judgment but I'm not sure what the other side would have done better? An agreement prior to exit?? Seriously??

You honestly think Donald really gives a nights sleep over what's going on in Afghanistan?? Or his supporters??? They spent 4 years making a mockery of and demonising anyone who was of Islamic faith and now they want us to believe that they actually care??? Spare me. Lots of hand wringing and political opportunism but genuine care factor is nil. Biden has probably made an error of judgment but I'm not sure what the other side would have done better? An agreement prior to exit?? Seriously??
Trump would have been relying on exactly the same intelligence as Biden - hard to see them acting any differently.

It’s still going to reflect on Biden regardless as he was holding the can when it happened. Donald and the GOP sounding off is just convenience - there is no moral higher ground in US politics.

Who knows for Donald - the Kabul Trump building sounds like a goer as it’s a good chance to be the highest building for a while whilst every other building collapses (plus likely they won’t be needing to install sprinklers).

Agree - the hilarious part is that you think a Trump admin withdrawal would have been any better. What exactly about his last year in office screams 'competency' to you? Dude literally released 3k odd Taliban fighters to prop up his election campaign. We'd be seeing the same scenes on the ground, the only difference would be you frothing in here declaring hey its all good, daddy Trump is ending the forever wars.

Absolutely amazing the pivot you've made in the last 6 months mate to being oh-so-concerned about foreigners and refugees. Throw it on the pile with national debt I guess. If you were any more transparent you'd be invisible.

Agree - the hilarious part is that you think a Trump admin withdrawal would have been any better.
Of course he would have. He had already successfully withdrawn from Syria and reduced troop numbers to a skeleton 2500 in Afghanistan. There is no way he would have allowed Afghanistan to collapse the way it has. Peace through strength vs chaos through weakness. The Taliban would have been tip toeing around Trump and as well they should. Ask that Iranian general if Trump meant business.

Of course he would have. He had already successfully withdrawn from Syria and reduced troop numbers to a skeleton 2500 in Afghanistan. There is no way he would have allowed Afghanistan to collapse the way it has. Peace through strength vs chaos through weakness. Ask that Iranian general if Trump meant business.
Two very different situations hardly invoke an good comparison.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Like comparing the proven failure of the actions of the current prez and suggesting the other bloke would have made all the same mistakes?
Nope - your are comparing two different countries, one which had a power vacuum caused by invasion and another where there was already a power in place but a skirmish was there. Yes, I suggest the other bloke would have made similar mistakes as the level down and intelligence personnel are the same and would present the same options. The only thing that changed was the person who was taking the recommendations.

1629243487275.png

Of course he would have. He had already successfully withdrawn from Syria and reduced troop numbers to a skeleton 2500 in Afghanistan. There is no way he would have allowed Afghanistan to collapse the way it has. Peace through strength vs chaos through weakness. The Taliban would have been tip toeing around Trump and as well they should. Ask that Iranian general if Trump meant business.

Of course he would have, just like he masterfully managed covid.

Of course he would have, just like he won re-election.

Of course he would have, save us daddy Trump! :tearsofjoy:

Jesus christ. And you call other people deranged :drunk:

Nope - your are comparing two different countries, one which had a power vacuum caused by invasion and another where there was already a power in place but a skirmish was there. Yes, I suggest the other bloke would have made similar mistakes as the level down and intelligence personnel are the same and would present the same options. The only thing that changed was the person who was taking the recommendations.
Trump could have pulled out of Afganistan anytime but he didn't. He was part way through a strategic withdrawal. I'm sure he would love to have had it done in his first term, but he clearly thought there were reasons not to at that time. Joe just bumbled in and ****ed it all up.

Trump could have pulled out of Afganistan anytime but he didn't. He was part way through a strategic withdrawal. I'm sure he would love to have had it done in his first term, but he clearly thought there were reasons not to at that time. Joe just bumbled in and f’ed it all up.
There are a number of circumstances why he didn't and the key point would have been not pulling out so close to a presidential election given his key plank was strong border control and the COVID situation would have weighted heavily. No question that Joe bumbled along and stuffed it up. Its better for a President to do this early in their term rather in the back half where it sticks electorally.

Isn't great that a tragedy like what is happening now in Afghanistan has Balls In increasing his post numbers?

How about you think about what future the Afghans face and and have another good look at people fleeing for their lives.

There are a number of circumstances why he didn't and the key point would have been not pulling out so close to a presidential election given his key plank was strong border control and the COVID situation would have weighted heavily. No question that Joe bumbled along and stuffed it up. Its better for a President to do this early in their term rather in the back half where it sticks electorally.
Could be any number of reasons. I heard an interview with Pompeo saying the Trump admin demanded certain criteria be met by the Taliban which "they had not met" to their satisfaction. Also laid out a sliding scale of consequences that the Taliban could expect if they overeached into the vacume left by the US departure. Granted he needs to protect his own legacy but is far easier to believe Pompeo based on his record. Its clear Biden had nothing like that in place and if he did it was ignored.

Could be any number of reasons. I heard an interview with Pompeo saying the Trump admin demanded certain criteria be met by the Taliban which "they had not met" to their satisfaction. Also laid out a sliding scale of consequences that the Taliban could expect if they overeached into the vacume left by the US departure. Granted he needs to protect his own legacy but is far easier to believe Pompeo based on his record. Its clear Biden had nothing like that in place and if he did it was ignored.
You have a great deal more faith and trust in Pompeo than I do - its incredibly easy for those no longer in power to control their own narrative for their benefit. Politics is about timing.

Isn't great that a tragedy like what is happening now in Afghanistan has Balls In increasing his post numbers?

How about you think about what future the Afghans face and and have another good look at people fleeing for their lives.
What is happening is the direct result of an incompetent POTUS. People must be willfully ignorant to not see that. Throw aside the US domestic issue and its the foreign policy stuff that really affects us. It should bother you, too. What does China make of all this? Are we going to see another spike in terrorism? North Korea?

You have a great deal more faith and trust in Pompeo than I do - its incredibly easy for those no longer in power to control their own narrative for their benefit. Politics is about timing.
Granted but Pompeo's record in that foreign policy space is what it is. Surely its easy for us to agree the Trump foreign policy was a strength of his administration?

Granted but Pompeo's record in that foreign policy space is what it is. Surely its easy for us to agree the Trump foreign policy was a strength of his administration?
Rhetoric or execution of actual policy? If you are talking about foreign policy relating to Syria and Afghanistan, maybe. But there are plenty of crap foreign policy things, the trade debacle, exit of the Paris accord, Iran was not a good one and his administration made a lot of damage with allied nations. North Korea the jury is definitely still out - this was something for the cameras at this point rather than anything else.

It may have been their strength but probably only because comparisons to poor outcomes in other areas.

Last edited:
Trump could have pulled out of Afganistan anytime but he didn't. He was part way through a strategic withdrawal. I'm sure he would love to have had it done in his first term, but he clearly thought there were reasons not to at that time. Joe just bumbled in and f’ed it all up.
Be sure to limber up properly before engaging in this kind of mental gymnastics.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back